Code of Conduct

Default So I got a sample of Chez Bond in the mail...

... and I couldn't stop laughing for a little bit. I'm cross-referencing it with GIT on my other wrist. I can certainly see now why so many folks are bummed out with Bond No. 9 because Chez bond is damn close.
    I thought it was going to be kind of similar but it turned out to be nearly identical.
    It's not the same, of course, GIT is a lot more soapy and floral and generally has more depth to it while Chez is flat but darker, less soapy and sweeter at the end, somehow.

I wonder who's going to win the longevity contest

Default Re: So I got a sample of Chez Bond in the mail...

Do you find Bond to be more "masculine" then, or is that not come out in the comparison?
    Please let us know about what you find out re: longevity.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Renaissance_Man; 19th May 2010 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    Do you find Bond to be more "masculine" then, or is that not come out in the comparison?
    Please let us know about what you find out re: longevity.
    Thanks!
    I feel like Green Irish Tweed is pretty damn masculine as it is. In an unexpected way. They're close enough that if you've tried GIT you've also tried Chez. However, in my humble personal opinion that's based on 2 hours of sniffing my wrists is that indeed Bond is a hair more masculine because it's more flat and a tiny bit darker somehow.

I'll get back to you on longevity later.

Chez Bond wins longevity, hands down. I'm currently testing Chez Bond vs. Truefitt & Hill Freshman in regards to longevity... they're close too.

git>cb

I had the same reaction when I first sampled CB. LOLed at the blatant copying.
    Last edited by adonis; 20th May 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I had the same reaction when I first sampled CB. LOLed at the blatant copying.
    that is the legendary rep of Bond#9 always knocking off Creed, remember the ceo was a former distributor for Creed so you can see the influence.

I just sprayed CB and GIT on each arm to compare, but I forgot which was which FWIW, the one on my right arm smells better.

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    I just sprayed CB and GIT on each arm to compare, but I forgot which was which FWIW, the one on my right arm smells better.
    do it again and keep track of which is which. I personally think git smells better, more natural.

i just did it, my brother could not tell the difference , Creed on my skin is stronger and less of a synthetic hairspray type of smell.

I tried it again. I hate to say this being a total Bond fan, but I think I might have to give the edge to GIT (and not that I dislike CB).

CB: a bit deeper, but also synthetic. Smells "sporty"
    GIT: more natural and "elegant"

This is only smelling closely, comparing them side-by-side. I doubt I'd be able to discern the difference on someone.

Chez Bond wins the longevity battle with ease.....I have both and like both.....I like Chez Bond much better.....works better and lasts longer.....Gary

I've never tested any Bonds but I wish Creed Millesimes would last longer. I think if that's a big issue for someone, then they have to go for Bond. I'd love for my only Creed, SMW, to last longer (other than just the ambergris base--my least favorite part of it) and would seriously consider a longer lasting Bond (if there's a similar one).

when you have more natural oils they tend to last less, i prefer 6 hours of quality than 10 hours of synthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    I tried it again. I hate to say this being a total Bond fan, but I think I might have to give the edge to GIT (and not that I dislike CB).

CB: a bit deeper, but also synthetic. Smells "sporty"
    GIT: more natural and "elegant"

This is only smelling closely, comparing them side-by-side. I doubt I'd be able to discern the difference on someone.
    you can smell the quality in the Creeds that you do not in Bond#9.

Alright so now that the day has wound down, Chez Bond definitely lasts longer. As far as the scent goes, GIT I find is overall a deeper more complex construction. It smells more mature and sophisticated. How is it that Chez is so similar though (95% similar) is a complete mystery to me. In some ways I like it better but I'm not sure how I would feel if I wore Chez because I'd always think that it's GIT.
    And I'm a Bond No. 9 fan so that's saying something

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Alright so now that the day has wound down, Chez Bond definitely lasts longer. As far as the scent goes, GIT I find is overall a deeper more complex construction. It smells more mature and sophisticated. How is it that Chez is so similar though (95% similar) is a complete mystery to me. In some ways I like it better but I'm not sure how I would feel if I wore Chez because I'd always think that it's GIT.
    And I'm a Bond No. 9 fan so that's saying something
    Chez Bond lasts almost more than twice as long. I prefer the smell of GIT overall while they are both similar. I don't like either enough to own them and personally I prefer Riverside Drive over Chez Bond for what it is aimed to do.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Chez bond is definatly more feminine !! With that vanilla note in the base instead if GITs ambergris.
    GIT is a much better scent IMO and more suitable for men!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

I like chez a little better, because its lacking that "blue/fresh" note.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I like chez a little better, because its lacking that "blue/fresh" note.
    It definitely comes across as a fragrance stripped of anyhting aquatic or blue whereas GIT definitely has that green aquatic vibe from it.
    Personally, I think Riverside Drive is much better than Chez Bond.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    It definitely comes across as a fragrance stripped of anyhting aquatic or blue whereas GIT definitely has that green aquatic vibe from it.
    Personally, I think Riverside Drive is much better than Chez Bond.
    I wore riverside drive to my wedding, but at this point chez is my favorite of all.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

just my quick input - GIT absolutley vanished on my skin in about 2-3 hours. where CB last a good 5-6.

for this reason along, CB IMO is the superior choice... they smell SOOOO close, that even a die hard GIT fan wont be able to tell the difference in getting a waft of your sillage...

Chez Bond is a very solid fragrance, and very close to GIT in structure. I don't find fragrances such as Cool Water, Freshman or JF by Floris to be close to GIT in structure or quality, but Chez Bond is an exception.

I like GIT better because of its stronger and higher quality violet leaves and ambergris notes...but if you don't fancy those notes and want a more sweetly floral GIT then Chez Bond is a good alternative.
    -

Chez Bond's topnotes and heart notes are INCREDIBLE.
    When testing it I couldn't believe how much I liked it initially.
    I was giddy with the idea of an even stronger PERFECT COPY of GIT.

Then it dried down.
    And it became a powdery candied mess.
    GIT's drydown has that thick texture, some call "creamy", and while it is slightly sweet from the violet leaf/violet, and just a touch of vanilla ,it has enough smokey Sandalwood and salty Ambergris to keep it very masculine.

Chez Bond's drydown on the other hand is just laughable. It's like grape flavored Lik-M-Aid powdered candy. I realize all the GIT/CW/Greenbriar/Freshamn/Chez all have the "purple grape candy note", but Chez has too much of it covered in sugar and a powdery unisex musk. All those wonderful topnotes/heartnotes wasted on a terrible drydown.

People keep talking about the vanilla candylike drydown of Chez Bond but I never smell it whenever I wear it . I only smell the fresh green ,citrus. And herbal. Notes. Nothng else

Personally never found anything redeeming about this Bond fragrance.

GIT destroys this.

Dependent

can't stand either. dihydromyrcenol is the devil

GIT is the one Bond that it beats hands down...
    But on the other side Riverside and Nuits de Neho destroys..... Drum roll..............
    Aventus!

Basenotes Junkie

Oh you Creed fanboys...so many of you have said that they smell similar and that you can spray it on both arms and have someone smell it and they can't smell the difference, yet you will always give it to Creed saying that GIT smells better and more natural. If they're so similar that you get mad that CB is even out there as a Creed copy then just love your GIT and don't worry about it. I'm coming from a place with not much experience with either, but I have a sample of both GIT and CB and they smell amazingly similar, to me the only difference is to me GIT dries harsher and more sour, and CB dries softer and sweeter. I give it to CB.

I don't think you can really compare them with out bringing in Cool Water. They all have similarities but GIT and CW smell closer than GIT and CB to me. GIT and CW have more of an aquatic vibe. They both are great fragrances but I like the way Chez Bond smells a bit more modern and lasts longer.