Code of Conduct

Default Help me choose the perfect perfume for winter

Hey guys, so I am new to this world of smelling good. hahaha.
    Anyway, its winter here and I going to buy a new cologne for me but not sure which one.
    Please help me choose a good signature cologne for winter.
    I had a friend telling me to get either armani code or burberry brit, are they any good? if you were me which one will you choose?
    Thanks for your help guys

Cheers

Default Re: Help me choose the perfect perfume for winter

Welcome to basenotes.
    Give us some of your info/background. Age and personality for example.

Armani Code is a woody warm fragrance, from my memory. It is quite nice for a "Designer" fragrance.

Burberry Brit i cant recommend because i am anosmic to it (cant smell it at all).

Whats your price range btw ? =] And what exactly do you want out of ur fragrance.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Double Post.
    Last edited by ohhmygod; 20th May 2010 at 01:50 PM.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Thank you for the warm welcome
    I am 22 y.o, I want a perfume that I can use daily to go to university and work.
    my budget probably about $40-70

I went to my local retail store and smell
    Pal Zileri's Lab
    I am in love with it but it is very hard to find online. Do you think there is any designer perfume that have similar smell to it?

Last edited by ipang; 20th May 2010 at 02:27 PM.

If you like the scent you are wearing then it is the perfect perfume for winter.

Armani Code works fairly well as a winter fragrance, though it can really be worn year-round (in the evenings mostly for summer / spring wear)

Burberry Brit isn't really a winter fragrance, its best worn in a formal environment - think of a British aristocrat or so.

Burberry London is a fantastic winter wear. I would also try the original John Varvatos.

Nejma IV

My personal recommendation for a perfect winter fragrance (and one which would work well all year around, and in the tropics as well) would be Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin. It is an absolutely beautiful oriental fragrance - near perfect projection and sillage, and superior longevity! Don't miss it!

wood&spice is where it's at. there are lots of amazing masculine fragrances in that vein.
    I heavily recommend you to try Lalique's Encre Noire.
    If you want to go a bit sweeter try caron's L'anarchiste. It's like a comforting winter tea.

I personally wouldn't recommend arpege homme at all.
    While it's a good scent, it's pretty feminine in my opinion, and doesn't usually overlap with the tastes of people who like woody&spicy stuff.

As a mainstream choice, I would suggest Hypnose pour Homme, Lancome, which is fairly available in most perfume stores (both online and shopping mall). The main notes are lavender and amber, it is warm and unoffensive, I think it works for everyday use.
    As an affordable niche choice, I would suggest Annick Goutal Mhyrre Ardente, a warm and nice mhyrre and incense scent, not too strong and very comforting.
    Welcome to the community: did anyone tell you that once you start, the quest for the perfect perfume is never over? :-)

Armani Code is soft, sweet, and pure sexy. I would recommend it for anyone over 25. I love the stuff!

One of my favourites for Winter is i Profumi di Firenze Spezie de Medici. The notes are cinnamon, cayenne, cardamom, clove, ginger and blended with Sicilian orange. If you like the smell of fresh Satsumas and spices, then this is lovely and lasts a very long time.

+1 on Encre Noire--though something minty and bracing might be fun, as well. Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca, AdP Tuscan Cypress...