Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: This is gonna sound ridiculous..

This is not ridiculous in the slightest! I can personally attest that this really works. Even when my perfume has long disappeared from my skin (usually within hours of spraying), my hair and clothes retain it for a least a day or two; sometimes longer.

There was a whole line of products for the hair, Guerlain for one, Stilboide Fluide pour les Cheveux ... you can see them on eBay & various other places still.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

I remember perfumeshrine doing an article about perfume for hair. Since all the IFRA stuff about sensitizing skin - the way around that is - perfume for hair as the product is meant for hair, whether there is oakmoss it or not, doesn't matter. Kind of a wayround the regulations.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Yeah , I have recently discovered that spraying the top of my arms, the scent lasts alot longer. Might have to try the hair

Putting fragrance in our hair? Shampoo, conditioner, highlights and all, and now perfume? Do we want to go bald faster?

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk275 View Post
    Putting fragrance in our hair? Shampoo, conditioner, highlights and all, and now perfume? Do we want to go bald faster?
    LOL... If you have hair like mine (18" long) you just put the frag on the ends. (and no reason to rub it into your scalp! But a fragranced oil might be just the ticket, monsieur (presumably)!

I do draw the line at perms or haircolor, mostly because I'm quite comfortable with my hair the way it is. Stripey with silver over a chestnut-dark brown... when it all goes silver I'll be quite happy too.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 21st May 2010 at 11:50 PM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

I'll be in the minority but I've found that a few sprays to the t-shirt work better than anything. Especially near the neck. I can smell a fragrance all day & evening doing this.

I ALWAYS spray one time on my head, it's just amazing at which point you can smell your fragrance better. It's undoubtedly a sillage increaser, but it can also make your fragrance evolving much more different than on your skin 'cause of the heat on the head. Maybe not a very good idea if you easily sweat on there.

DeepSilence

WoW, I did. lasting increases very much. i tested with low lasting fragrance. now i have it since 4 hours ago.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    This is when a long beard comes in handy
    Is this why they say Osama bin Laden smells good?

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    LOL... If you have hair like mine (18" long) you just put the frag on the ends. (and no reason to rub it into your scalp! But a fragranced oil might be just the ticket, monsieur (presumably)!

I do draw the line at perms or haircolor, mostly because I'm quite comfortable with my hair the way it is. Stripey with silver over a chestnut-dark brown... when it all goes silver I'll be quite happy too.
    Bravo for you, Luna, a silver fox!

I spray at the nape of my neck, under the collar where the skin is warm.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Poison by Christian Dior

This has been suggested by very sane people. Not ridiculous.

Banned
    Blog Entries

sounds like a great way to go bald.

I doubt it would make your hair fall out... particularly if you have well-conditioned hair and don't spray the scent directly onto your scalp. (hair really does "hold" the scent for a long time.)

I've been trying this for a week or so now, after having first read this thread, and it works for me. It really helps with the weaker (4-5hr) scents.

The whole "wont it make you bald" thing doesnt worry me. After all, there is fragrance in all or most hair care products anyways.

Thanks for the tip!

The caveat here is the alcohol found in most fragrances; it can dry out the hair & scalp. It's the oils in hair that hold the scent.

Sensual, yes. That's why well-conditioned hair can take and hold the scent. My hair tends toward slight oiliness anyway, but if it ever gets dry, say, over the wintertime, I use one of those leave-in conditioners like burts bees avocado once and it's back to normal. I've heard of folks using coconut oil for their hair as a conditioner, that it is very, very good for the hair, and that would also help. You can get the expeller pressed CO that doesn't have a coconut smell and use that method once a month to keep your hair silky, the hair will just drink up the oil!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 6th June 2010 at 04:33 PM.

I wouldn't worry about the alcohol. It's the number one ingredient in hair spray, and close to the top of the ingredient list in hair gel. I think it evaporates too quickly to do any damage. I also don't think it reaches the scalp unless you have thin or very short hair.

How do you keep the fragrance "true" when it mixes with the scent of your styling product(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    How do you keep the fragrance "true" when it mixes with the scent of your styling product(s)?
    Styling products?

(don't use 'em myself.)

Go for unscented styling products.