Code of Conduct

Thread: Mystere Rochas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mystere Rochas

I think that the great mistery on this one is that how such a manly scenty like this one was marketed for a woman. To me this one opens with notes similar to Kouros, but less animalic, and then you start to notice a chypre mossy thing over sweet resinous notes. It`s great for mens that like this kind of frag.
    Any men here wears mystere? What are your opinions about this one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mystere Rochas

Theres still too much masculine and niche stuff to explore for me to have already went over to feminine.
    But there are I few that I already truly love (Caleche, Shalimar of course, the old Diors) and I have absolutely no gender issues so I thank you, Sir, for the heads up.
    I will most definitely check it out and come back with my impressions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Theres still too much masculine and niche stuff to explore for me to have already went over to feminine.
    But there are I few that I already truly love (Caleche, Shalimar of course, the old Diors) and I have absolutely no gender issues so I thank you, Sir, for the heads up.
    I will most definitely check it out and come back with my impressions
    I love Caleche too. I`ve got with my Mystere a mini vintage EDT, and it smells great. On me, it has a buttery spice smell. My sister said that I was with a pretzel aroma when I was wearing Caleche. A great one in fact

Hillaire

There are SO many older women's scents that might strike the modern sensibility as"masculine". I love Mystere, and I think it's one of the more obvious greats for gender cross-over. Enjoy.

Hi Rickbr,
    Experts in perfume more and more come to the conclusion that the dividing into male and female fragrances is something of the past. A fragrance should be appreciated for itself, and us dividing it into categories is more something we need to get a grip on things.

My husband for example has totally joined the ride in my perfume addiction and now owns a very large male collection. But he has no hesitation of chosing something out of mine, if he feels like it. I gifted him my backup Le Baiser de Dragon because it smelled GREAT on him too!! I myself feel still some hesitation to go for male fragrances, but I guess I will go there too in a short time as well!!
    Good luck!
    B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bookshop88 View Post
    Hi Rickbr,
    Experts in perfume more and more come to the conclusion that the dividing into male and female fragrances is something of the past. A fragrance should be appreciated for itself, and us dividing it into categories is more something we need to get a grip on things.

My husband for example has totally joined the ride in my perfume addiction and now owns a very large male collection. But he has no hesitation of chosing something out of mine, if he feels like it. I gifted him my backup Le Baiser de Dragon because it smelled GREAT on him too!! I myself feel still some hesitation to go for male fragrances, but I guess I will go there too in a short time as well!!
    Good luck!
    B.
    Hi B.
    I don't believe neither in gender division in fragrances. My collection has a lot of feminine fragrances that I happilly wear. Two of my favorite fragrances were launched as feminine: nu edp and black cashmere. Le Baiser Du Dragon is another one that i really love. I remember until today the first time I smelled it, it was something so different, a smell that i never smelled before. I still enjoy it a lot, the boozy bitter opening ant the woody drydown are perfect for cold days.

I just tried Mystere today and have to agree that it's not really feminine. I didn't get it, though, as on me it smells like goats. : (