Code of Conduct

Default Is my AMEN Pure Coffee authentic??!!!

So i ordered it from strawberry.net and when i sprayed it i got NO "fresh ground coffee" note, just the usual Amen spiky patchouli drydown. After 10 min. i sniffed my wrist just to catch a faint whiff of a coffee note. Not to mention that within 45 minutes the scent vanished. I'm attaching the pics below

Isn't the yellow star supposed to be out of glass and not plastic

Please help me
    Last edited by B.I.G.; 21st May 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Default Re: Is my AMEN Pure Coffee authentic??!!!

A quick internet search of Pure Coffee would seem to show that on the Coffee bottle, the star IS not transparent glass and is plastic. Not sure why-- maybe to distinguish it from Pure Malt which is similar bottle. Other Coffee fans should weigh in.

My bottle is one of the first boxed testers circulating around,so I believe that is is genuine.Indeed,the star is plastic and the base of the bottle is exactly the same,with the exception of the number found above the EAU dE TOILETTE lettering.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I cant really tell by the pics but its more than likely real since ive never seen a PM AM or PC fake, ever. Try to source out a sample and compare. There should be plenty of coffee and tar in the opening. If anything the juice may have gone off a bit.

My suggestion is that you use the code given in the envelope or the box (not sure where it is in the Pure Coffee) to join the star circle at the thierry mugler website. If the code is correct then the chance that your bottle is authentic is high, if not then it's definately a fake.
    Last edited by jasonx; 22nd May 2010 at 07:55 AM.

It's legit. To my nose Pure Coffee smells 80% identical to A*Men, with about 1/2 the longevity. The only differences are pronounced in the top notes (acrid stale coffee note and lack of tar note), but the base notes are almost exactly the same.

If someone told you that Pure Coffee incorporated a "fresh ground coffee" notes, they were either mistaken or their nose is much different that yours or mine. This is an already-brewed, stale, acrid pot of coffee.

Having said that, I like Pure Coffee, but it is BY FAR the weakest of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I cant really tell by the pics but its more than likely real since ive never seen a PM AM or PC fake, ever. Try to source out a sample and compare. There should be plenty of coffee and tar in the opening. If anything the juice may have gone off a bit.
    Indeed the A*Men rubber bottle wrap would be A LOT for a counterfeiter to take on. Especially for a scent that is I believe a limited edition and not that big a seller.

Thanks guys for input! No matter, i'm happy to have Pure Coffee in my collection.

Looks just like my bottles. Do you have the original A*MEN? Do a side by side sniff. It will probably smell pretty different against the original.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

the bottle looks same with me, plus i'm also buying from strawberrynet.com. i'm sure it's 100% authentic..

Looks like my bottle. In fact my bottle and box have the identical numbers on the bottom of our bottle and box. I thought every bottle has their own number different from every other bottle?

It's probably legit. The smell sounds about right. I have a decant of Pure Coffee and was really excited when I got it, but truthfully, I was kinda dissapointed as well. I own & love the original A Men, but Pure Coffee just seems weak in comparison. I really don't get that much more coffee either (certainly not fresh ground coffee). Also, it's missing that really intense tar/patchouli accord that is addictive to me in A Men. Honestly, to me, Pure Coffee smells kind of like an old batch of A Men that's gotten stale and lost about half it's strength & topnotes.

I can see how the people who can't stand A Men's heavy tar/patchouli vibe might enjoy it and see it as a more wearable and practical version, but if you love the raw uniqueness and strength of A Men like I do, I think Pure Coffee is a bit of a letdown (or neutered version, if you will).

I'll probably pass on trying to get a full bottle of it (unless it's just for collectibility). Also, I've yet to smell PH and PM, but if they are also just weaker shadows of A Men, I'll just stick to the original. In fact, I'm looking for something else with a really heavy patchouli vibe like A Men. (thinking of sampling Luten's Borneo 1834 soon).

So do you have the same bottle number as the poster? I do. Am thinking mine
    could be fake then.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    In fact, I'm looking for something else with a really heavy patchouli vibe like A Men. (thinking of sampling Luten's Borneo 1834 soon).
    Have you considered Reminiscence Patchouli Pour Homme or Micallef Patchouli?

it is funny how here on basenotes they show the bottle and the box to see if it's authentic , well don't you know that "they" buy empty original bottles with their boxes from people (it happened with me) and than they go and refill it with fake juice and sell it! so don't rely on the bottle and codes... rely just on the juice inside it

So I guess I wasn't alone in getting a bottle of PC and not really detecting much coffee in it then! Picked up a bottle a month or so ago and was surprised that the coffee note was very faint; in fact, I sometimes wonder if I'm actually smelling it or just convincing myself that I smell it due to my expectations. Perhaps it's just a note that I can't really pick up on very well. Either way, it's an alright scent, but I'm pretty let down by it.