Code of Conduct

Default Out of all your fragrances, which do you have the most trouble finishing?

Which out of the fragrances from your wardrobe do you use slowest? Or which has been your collection the longest? Or which do you just use so gradually that it never seems to finish?

For me it's probably either Diesel Zero Plus or Joop!

Default Re: Out of all your fragrances, which do you have the most trouble finishing?

Polo Blue.

Smells absolutely vile on my skin. Bought a 40ml bottle of it about 1 1/2 years ago just for the sake of buying a new bottle, barely even used like 5% of it. No plans to wear it ever again after the last time I tried it.

Default Re: Out of all your fragrances, which do you have the most trouble finishing?

If I feel that I will never finish a fragrance simply because I don't like it that much then I get rid of it. The fragrance that I plan to keep but can see myself having trouble finishing is Costume National - 21. That stuff is really strong and you have to watch yourself when applying. Usually I am a liberal sprayer and spray away but not with this one. I can see my 50ml bottle lasting a good while.

I actually love both Joop! and Zero Plus. I just can never seem to finish them. They're both not very versatile, and when I do rarely wear them I can't do more than 1 spray with Joop! (sometimes 2) and maybe 3 or 4 with Zero Plus. Zero Plus distributes very small amounts though so it's really more like 2 sprays.

I don't get rid of fragrances i dislike, because for one.. it's usually hard to sell them, and 2 I like to try to give them the benefit of the doubt over and over and over and give them another shot.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 22nd May 2010 at 12:45 AM.

Etiquette Bleue by D'Orsay (I know, I know...)

The bottle is the 100ml and I have to be in the mood for the citrus...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Kenzo pour Homme - I've had that damn 100ml bottle for a good 10 years now, and it's still half full!
    Armani Eau pour Homme - same as above, just a 50ml bottle.
    Le Māle - I feel embarret to wear this, 'cause it's so damn popular and recognizable.

I've had this bottle of Hugo by Hugo Boss for so long I lost count. I remember when it was just about all I ever wore. Now, it kinda gets lost in the
    shuffle with all that I've added to my collection in the past 5 years or so. I wonder if I'll ever empty that crazy bottle.

Nina Ricci - Memoire d Homme 100ml = bääh!
    One of my first blind buys, haven“t joined bn.

[Chźne - Serge Lutens] has very hard final on me, the birch wood becomes exaggeratedly rough.

It took me 2 years to finish a 100 ml of CERUTTI 1881. Loved it at first but I got bored of it after 5 months. I don't buy 100ml bottles anymore.

That must be my bottle of Armani Acqua di Gio, which I've probably had for 13–14 years now. But that bottle came in my possession before I began collecting. Well, the first one I got when starting this hobby was Helmut Lang Cuiron, and I still have a few wearings left in that one. It must be 7–8 years old.

Knize Ten. I like it but I don't feel comfortabele wearing it in public.
    M7. This was a blind buy. I have it in my collection for over a year now but I really don't know when to wear this one.
    Le Male. I like it but every day I run into people wearing it.

Light Blue Pour Homme.
    It's been a gift from my beloved grannies so I cant give it away but it's SO horrible. Yesterday evening i "gave it the benefit of the doubt" once more and couldnt stand it, barely bearable after polishing it with some Caleche.
    Yuck.

DeepSilence

Aramis (1965). I like it just for sniffing, not wearing.

Eleanore

My nose began rejecting all Chanel's about a year ago; so, I gave them away. I imagine if I had them, I would still have trouble finishing them.
    Right now it's Clive Christian 1872 for women that I'm having trouble with. It will be going to a new home in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I don't get rid of fragrances i dislike, because for one.. it's usually hard to sell them, and 2 I like to try to give them the benefit of the doubt over and over and over and give them another shot.
    This is me to a tee. I too, don't sell off fragrances.
    SL Borneo is gonna be a pain to even dent, because it's a one spray fragrance for me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    Aramis (1965). I like it just for sniffing, not wearing.
    If I understand you correctly this is a bottle of Aramis from 1965? Would you mind describing the notes here? (I got into Basenotes when I was looking for a "Holy Grail Scent" that I smelled in 1974 or thereabouts that was described as "this is Aramis I think"...)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

easy... the discontinued one that can't be replaced so I won't have to ever be without it.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Escada Pour Homme. Wonderful Cognac topnote and easy to wear, maybe too easy; it just somehow never seems the right choice when I stand in front of my Wardrobe in the morning.

Halston Z-14 is another one, except that I find it too hard to wear. Its smouldering directness is unsettling in polite company.

Balafre

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    If I understand you correctly this is a bottle of Aramis from 1965? Would you mind describing the notes here? (I got into Basenotes when I was looking for a "Holy Grail Scent" that I smelled in 1974 or thereabouts that was described as "this is Aramis I think"...)
    I mean it released in 1965 for first time. I'm not expert in recognizing notes. But maybe i could describe it:
    Very strong, Spicy, presence Bergamot is clear... patchouli after 2 min... Now it's in peace. Not too spicy, but strong yet.
    vetiver...
    Amber...
    one note tries to calm it ... and makes it cool, but still strong.
    I just got this in 10 min, no more.
    I washed my hand, i think i reached to base. Woody
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 23rd May 2010 at 03:36 AM.

Aramis. Loud for the wrong amount of time and silent when I want it back. I agree with the idea that smelling it alone is better than worn.
    Last edited by justaguy; 23rd May 2010 at 04:50 AM.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Chevignon Brand, Drakkar Noir and Fendi Uomo - I hardly use them nowadays and do not feel the urge to use them more often

I guess for me, its English Leather. I just found an old bottle from the sixites in my basment.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I go in cycles-- right now I don't seem to be wearing my violets scents-- I think I ODed on them last year and haven't recovered the love yet, but I know I will, so I don't get rid of them.

I find that I hardly ever wear Mimosa Pour Moi. (Of course, I had to go and buy the 100 ml. bottle! ) But I'm not yet at the point of selling it or giving it away. Maybe I'll find some great way to layer it, or maybe I'll come to feel differently about it.

adidas active bodies got it when it was super ultra popular in 90ies
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

noir epices, don't get me wrong, i love it, but it's so strong that i don't use so often and 2 sprays are enough.

Anything that we call a Power scent!!! I find these very hard to finish.....Gary

Blog Entries

anything that isnt le male, a*men or Pi....maybe Ice*Men can go on there

my love of gourmands makes it impossible for me to wanna wear anything else haha

Kenneth Cole: Black

I think A*MEN...I need to sell it..or give it away. I think Nooka and Cumming will be hard. Its funny they were both blind buys on the same day..
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Un profumo affettuoso

I find it difficult to finish my bottles of Chanle No. 5 Eau de Parfum. It's not in the least as good as the extrait/pure perfume. Simply don't like the EdP-version of Chanel 5...not the original thing.

Anything that is very expensive or rare/discontinued. I just feel bad using up the juice when I don't know if it will be available when my bottle is gone, or if it is available, how much it will cost.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've EVER actually finished a bottle. I guess I'm too frugal, and I apply lightly.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 2nd June 2010 at 07:11 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    Knize Ten. I like it but I don't feel comfortabele wearing it in public.
    M7. This was a blind buy. I have it in my collection for over a year now but I really don't know when to wear this one.
    Heh, I love both M7 and Knize Ten, and enjoy wearing them in public, though I admit, Knize is strictly for those days that I'm feeling defiant, iconoclastic, provocative, etc. Need to get a FB of that one.

To answer the original question, it's probably Lutens' Gris Clair. Smells wonderful, but it's kind of hard to wear (yeah, compared to Knize Ten, even!)

It would be either PS by Paul Sebastian, since 2 sprays lasts me 24 hours, or Joop! Homme. I really enjoy Joop! Homme, but occasions to wear it are limited. My 75 ml bottle is about 80% full after 12 years. I am expecting Bogart pour Homme to arrive today, and from all indications the 100 ml bottle could last the rest of my lifetime, and my son's.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Unbound for Men by Halston. It's a good fragrance and I like it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the last "aquatic" fragrance I ever buy. With the exception of maybe Creed EROLFA. Just maybe tho.

Finish? I never expect to finish any of my full-size bottles. As far as I'm concerned, they are magical never-emptying scent dispensers. I see no sign that this belief will ever be challenged.

+1 on Joop.

Joop is remarkably unique and was ground breaking and original when it came out. A pioneer of epic proportions.

However, EVERYONE who had it in the cupboard between age 12-18 drastically over applied it (as I did too) and now I find it as appealing as I do pop-tarts.

It'd seem that Zino is very seldom worn as for my wardrobe, and also A*men. It's a kind of fragrances that are great only in winter and are sort of specific so there are also seldom opportunities to wear them. Almost all of my frags get the chance to be worn, but Zino and A*men not as nearly as much. I like those frags but it'd seem as if they're redundant to me.

I've had a bottle of Shalimar around for quite some time. I've tried giving it away to members of my family and friends but nobody likes it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a bottle of Shalimar around for quite some time. I've tried giving it away to members of my family and friends but nobody likes it.

I've got a bottle of Vintage Shalimar eDC - I can never find the right place to wear it to

Show me the man who is almost through his third bottle of Fumidus!

+1 on Halston Z-14; I just can't seem to find the right occasion to wear the stuff.

I have about 10ml left of a bottle of Helmut Lang Cuiron... I don't wear it as I keep saving it for special occasions. When it's gone I may cry... :'(

I have a 12 year old bottle of Joop! which is full.

Joop! I end up spraying it just for kicks...I have never actually worn it.

Kouros. It lost all the dirty/animallic/honey notes and I'm left with something harsh

Since I became a lurker on Basenotes four years ago I've never drained a bottle. Even the bottomfeeders in my 'drobe (that's you Ferrari Yellow and Nautica Blue). Can never seem to give away anything either.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Every single one. Probably time to start a decanting business, lol.

Lucky No.6. Smells like clean cherries. I found out I'd rather eat cherries than smell them.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Moods Krizia Uomo