Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Out of all your fragrances, which do you have the most trouble finishing?

I think A*MEN...I need to sell it..or give it away. I think Nooka and Cumming will be hard. Its funny they were both blind buys on the same day..
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Un profumo affettuoso

Default Re: Out of all your fragrances, which do you have the most trouble finishing?

I find it difficult to finish my bottles of Chanle No. 5 Eau de Parfum. It's not in the least as good as the extrait/pure perfume. Simply don't like the EdP-version of Chanel 5...not the original thing.

Anything that is very expensive or rare/discontinued. I just feel bad using up the juice when I don't know if it will be available when my bottle is gone, or if it is available, how much it will cost.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've EVER actually finished a bottle. I guess I'm too frugal, and I apply lightly.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 2nd June 2010 at 07:11 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    Knize Ten. I like it but I don't feel comfortabele wearing it in public.
    M7. This was a blind buy. I have it in my collection for over a year now but I really don't know when to wear this one.
    Heh, I love both M7 and Knize Ten, and enjoy wearing them in public, though I admit, Knize is strictly for those days that I'm feeling defiant, iconoclastic, provocative, etc. Need to get a FB of that one.

To answer the original question, it's probably Lutens' Gris Clair. Smells wonderful, but it's kind of hard to wear (yeah, compared to Knize Ten, even!)

It would be either PS by Paul Sebastian, since 2 sprays lasts me 24 hours, or Joop! Homme. I really enjoy Joop! Homme, but occasions to wear it are limited. My 75 ml bottle is about 80% full after 12 years. I am expecting Bogart pour Homme to arrive today, and from all indications the 100 ml bottle could last the rest of my lifetime, and my son's.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Unbound for Men by Halston. It's a good fragrance and I like it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the last "aquatic" fragrance I ever buy. With the exception of maybe Creed EROLFA. Just maybe tho.

Finish? I never expect to finish any of my full-size bottles. As far as I'm concerned, they are magical never-emptying scent dispensers. I see no sign that this belief will ever be challenged.

+1 on Joop.

Joop is remarkably unique and was ground breaking and original when it came out. A pioneer of epic proportions.

However, EVERYONE who had it in the cupboard between age 12-18 drastically over applied it (as I did too) and now I find it as appealing as I do pop-tarts.

It'd seem that Zino is very seldom worn as for my wardrobe, and also A*men. It's a kind of fragrances that are great only in winter and are sort of specific so there are also seldom opportunities to wear them. Almost all of my frags get the chance to be worn, but Zino and A*men not as nearly as much. I like those frags but it'd seem as if they're redundant to me.
    Currently wearing: Aqua Amara by Bulgari

I've had a bottle of Shalimar around for quite some time. I've tried giving it away to members of my family and friends but nobody likes it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a bottle of Shalimar around for quite some time. I've tried giving it away to members of my family and friends but nobody likes it.

I've got a bottle of Vintage Shalimar eDC - I can never find the right place to wear it to

Show me the man who is almost through his third bottle of Fumidus!

+1 on Halston Z-14; I just can't seem to find the right occasion to wear the stuff.

I have about 10ml left of a bottle of Helmut Lang Cuiron... I don't wear it as I keep saving it for special occasions. When it's gone I may cry... :'(

I have a 12 year old bottle of Joop! which is full.

Joop! I end up spraying it just for kicks...I have never actually worn it.

Kouros. It lost all the dirty/animallic/honey notes and I'm left with something harsh

Since I became a lurker on Basenotes four years ago I've never drained a bottle. Even the bottomfeeders in my 'drobe (that's you Ferrari Yellow and Nautica Blue). Can never seem to give away anything either.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Every single one. Probably time to start a decanting business, lol.

Lucky No.6. Smells like clean cherries. I found out I'd rather eat cherries than smell them.

Moods Krizia Uomo
    Currently wearing: Hamptons by Bond No. 9