Code of Conduct

Default Wedding/Honeymoon Scent

Am home today with an awful stomach bug. On the plus side, lack of energy has given me the opportunity to think about a gift for my husband on our 10th wedding anniversary (fast approaching).
    I was thinking about both the scent worn on our wedding day and throughout our honeymoon and what I'd like to buy ten years on to capture our special day.

What was your Wedding Day fragrance? Can you remember why you chose it or was it your partner's choice? Do you still wear it? How often?

And what about the Honeymoon? Same fragrance, different, why?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wedding/Honeymoon Scent

Laura Ashley No. 1, chosen because I loved it and it went with the multifloral dress I wore (never cared for traditional wedding dresses.) I still have a bottle; the top notes are weak, but I wear it occasionally. Change that to infrequently; I think I have moved on in my fragrance taste. (When I do wear it, he does not recognize it, anyway!) Honeymoon-- I have no specific memory of using fragrance on our honeymoon. But then that was 18 years ago.

I agree. I also feel that ten years later I have moved on from J'adore - but how i truly adored it back then. I want to spend a whole day discovering something entirely new that matches the more experienced me.

Love the image of it matching your dress!!

What is your price range and what fragrance houses do you like?

I have decided to buy myself the perfume and buy him another Oud Oil. I already bought him one not so long ago and he's already hinting at another brand so I think that closes the deal.

I am going to treat myself instead! Any suggestions David?

My DH gave me Evyan White Shoulders as one of his wedding gifts (his father gave this to his mother), so I wore this.

For a man, I would give a gift of Guerlain Habit Rouge eau de parfum with agarwood (oud). You can buy this in the U.S. as "Beau Cavalier."

May I ask abaout your user name? Anything "dandy" interests me!

And, Roses, I adored the old flacon of Laura Ashley #1. I still have my EDP with the glass stopper from the 1980s...

Dandy, I hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by Primrose; 21st May 2010 at 03:42 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

30 Roses- yes I hope you feel better soon!
    I've been married too many times....* ahem* but when I married my soulmate- DH- I wore 24 Faubourg by Hermes.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    30 Roses- yes I hope you feel better soon!
    I've been married too many times....* ahem* but when I married my soulmate- DH- I wore 24 Faubourg by Hermes.
    I have also been to this movie...LOL! Sometimes the first one just does not work...and one leaves a trail of broken hearts.

La Belle Otero?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

DeepSilence

Amouage Lyric!

Thank you for your good wishes! Having a terribly lazy day! Trying to make the most of it.

Hamid - I had a look on their site, there is a Lyric for both men and women, which were you referring to? I like the sound of the womens one! I did not manage to sit through the entire video clip though...

Primrose, also like all things fine and DANDY (not sure about comics though ;-)

DeepSilence

i said this, because of rose scent. it's romantic? no? but az a man i don't like to wear perfume with rose scent. for wedding and honeymoon buy something floral, like, Dior homme.

I see your point. Many thanks.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I have also been to this movie...LOL! Sometimes the first one just does not work...and one leaves a trail of broken hearts.

La Belle Otero?
    Just for you and I , Primrose ! Wink Wink !

Yup ,long is the trail of broken hearts ( and one stalker...... )

Just for you and I , Primrose ! Wink Wink !

Yup, long is the trail of broken hearts ( and one stalker...... )
    Mimi, OMG...as for La Belle Otero, I think I would have been a courtesan back in the 19th century.

Too independent to be conservative...and I would have loved to have been a *certain* dandy's mistress. LOL!

Basenotes Institution

Mimi, OMG...as for La Belle Otero, I think I would have been a courtesan back in the 19th century.

Too independent to be conservative...and I would have loved to have been a *certain* dandy's mistress. LOL!
    *LOL* I think they would have beheaded me or put me on trial as witch or something..............
    And I am more 'coquette ' than 'duchess' ! *LOL*

*LOL* I think they would have beheaded me or put me on trial as witch or something..............
    And I am more 'coquette ' than 'duchess' ! *LOL*
    I speak my mind too much...I think we would have been on the same scaffold... LOL!

Caron for ladies, Guerlain for mistresses...

Basenotes Institution

Caron for ladies, Guerlain for mistresses...
    Precisely , Primrose - therefore I am a Guerlain Girl! " If the shoe fits, wear it... "

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Powder View Post
    I have decided to buy myself the perfume and buy him another Oud Oil. I already bought him one not so long ago and he's already hinting at another brand so I think that closes the deal.

I am going to treat myself instead! Any suggestions David?
    Fluers de bulgarie or fluerissimo are great choices by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Fluers de bulgarie or fluerissimo are great choices by Creed
    I understand that Fleurissimo was created for Grace Kelly on her marriage to Prince Ranier of Monaco...

I understand that Fleurissimo was created for Grace Kelly on her marriage to Prince Ranier of Monaco...
    yep that is right, it is a great wedding fragrance. I approve!

Basenotes Institution

Fleurissimo is lovely but a bit fleeting .
    Perhaps Love In White - this is one gorgeous too and the name is so fitting.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 22nd May 2010 at 01:12 AM.

Fleurissimo is lovely but a bit fleeting .
    Perhaps Love In White - this is one gorgeous too and the name is so fitting.
    if you are worrying about durability, imperatrice eugenie or fluer de the rose bulgarie will work, personally i do not care for love in white.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    if you are worrying about durability, imperatrice eugenie or fluer de the rose bulgarie will work, personally i do not care for love in white.
    My fave is Jasmal and then Imperatrice Eugenie.

My fave is Jasmal and then Imperatrice Eugenie.
    imperatrice has to be the sexiest scent i have ever smelled for a lady

I actually bought Fleurissimo by Creed because of the wonderful story behind it. If I ever fell and suffered from severe brain damage and decided to get married, I would wear this on my wedding day. It's not a scent I would usually wear, but it is a lovely floral perfume. It smelled pretty good the last time I wore it. I don't wear it that often though. I let a friend of mine use it on her wedding day as her something borrowed.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

30Roses - I also owned Laura Ashley's No. 1 and threw out the bottle when the fragrance went off, foolishly believing that I could just go buy myself another one. It was such a pretty bottle, too...

For my wedding, I wore Ce Soir ou Jamais. I loved the "wine and roses" feel...I felt like it completed the picture I'd envisioned for the day (used a lot of richly colored roses in the bridesmaids' bouquets, table centerpieces, and even the decorations on the cake). I don't remember what I wore on the honeymoon, but I do remember that I wore the same fragrance when we celebrated our 1st anniversary.

Dandy, my 10th anniversary with DH is coming up soon, too! (July!) Time surely flies. My bottle of Ce Soir smells different from what I remember - more of a wine note, now, and seems unbalanced, if that makes any sense. I think it's finally gone off (it is, after all, a 10+ year old bottle!). I bought a sample of the current version and it's pretty, but somehow seems "lighter" than what I remember. Nevertheless, I am thinking of buying myself a new bottle and wearing it on our 10th anniversary.