Code of Conduct

Default free Private Tabarome?!

So today was my lucky day. I went to Neiman Marcus today and was looking at the Creeds. I was looking through the flacons with the dim hope of finding Private Tabarome. The SA asked me if there was any flacon in particular that I was looking for. I said yeah the old Tabarome but I know it is discontinued. So we got into a conversation about how good of a fragrance it was and how good the other discontinued ones were. She also told me there are 4 new Creeds coming out and one of them is Windsor! She couldn't remember the other names and I told her about Woods and Spices. Then all of a sudden she says you know what I think we have a tester of the old Tabarome in the back and we aren't allowed to sell it so I'll just give it to you. I was like are you serious, I can pay something for it. She said no we aren't allowed. So she comes back with a completely full 2.5 oz tester of Vintage Tabarome. She apologized for not having a cap and she found a cap in a drawer and put it on and wrapped it up for me. I asked if there were any more and she said no this is the last one. She said she used to have more but woudl give them out as free gifts with purchase. I promised I would buy something from her the next time I stop by. I also gave her my number to let me know when they get Windsor and the other new ones.
    Last edited by AZsmells; 23rd May 2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: free Private Tabarome?!

Can't ask for any better
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Wow! Congrats! That's one cool SA.

Smile Re: free Private Tabarome?!

Unbelievable! I might stop by NM here in ATL tomorrow and see if it's possible for lightning to strike twice! Congrats!
    Last edited by acjigga; 23rd May 2010 at 01:33 AM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Blog Entries

Three cheers for Creed, Neiman Marcus, and Vintage Tabarôme!

I'm sick with jealousy! What luck!

Azsmells, this must be the good karma for something in the past
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I am jealous!!!!!!!!! lol

Awesome, congrats! I can see the epidemic now.. Basenoters invading Neiman Marcus for free Creeds.

Wow! That's a dream come true! Huge score. Way to go.

Mine from a couple of months ago wasn't quite as good, but still worthwhile nonetheless. The SA said buy an atomizer and she'd fill it up for free. Sure, the atomizer is overpriced, but not $400 worth Creed is selling them for with VT in it.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Very cool, Az!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Awesome, congrats! I can see the epidemic now.. Basenoters invading Neiman Marcus for free Creeds.
    Absolutely. A few months later, the Creed marketing people will be scratching their heads trying to explain a sudden surge in sales.

Great story. And congratulations indeed, this is an absurdly cool freebie

That's amazing Az. Hopefully you got the good old brown juice. Many of the Creeds went through a big reformulation in 2006/07 and Private Collection Tabarome got hit pretty good. Weird why they'd reformulate so drastically just a few years before discontinuing, but it happened. The new stuff is much lighter colored, more light gold rather than rich brownish, and while the fragrance is still pretty good, it's thinner and lacks the depth and velvety texture. Some of the mystery is gone.

But I'm thinking they never even made testers from the new juice, so you probably got the good old stuff. Either way, you were in the right place at the right time. Way to go.
    Last edited by pluran; 23rd May 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    That's amazing Az. Hopefully you got the good old brown juice. Many of the Creeds went through a big reformulation in 2006/07 and Private Collection Tabarome got hit pretty good. Weird why they'd reformulate so drastically just a few years before discontinuing, but it happened. The new stuff is much lighter colored, more light gold rather than rich brownish, and while the fragrance is still pretty good, it's thinner and lacks the depth and velvety texture. Some of the mystery is gone.

But I'm thinking they never even made testers from the new juice, so you probably got the good old stuff. Either way, you were in the right place at the right time. Way to go.
    I also noticed that the older VT had a deeper texture and just a perfect harmony of topnotes that's somehow distorted in the newer version. The color difference was not that significant, but maybe it is more obvious in a big bottle. I'm actually thinking whether it was deliberately reformulated or just that a big vat of juice they prepped around that time was off, as Creeds are neither stable nor consistent in general. Maybe someone finally realized that and they discontinued the whole thing, while selling off the remaining juice from that batch for $$$
    If the tester is really from the old times, it's magic.

One word: Wow!
    I know that feeling too well. It's absolutely amazing and awesome.
    Guess how I felt some weeks ago when I scored a brand new 200ml bottle of Chanel - Bois des Iles Eau de Toilette on eBay for 25 Euros incl. shipping and actually unpacking the bottle some days later.
    You have the permission to enjoy to the max!! Pull out the champagne, man!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

An amazing score! What a great story. Furthermore, the collectibility of a tester - wow. Since it was only released to the public in flacons, you have a real gem there. Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!! You must be so happy.... and stunned, still!

I had a similar experience (though not nearly as remarkable as yours) where an SA gave me an almost-full, but used, 100 ml tester for Dzongkha. Like you, I offered money, but the SA said they couldn't accept money because it had been used. I have bought a bunch of things from this store since then, but, alas, no more offered freebies! lol
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

SWWEEET...!!

Very nice indeed!

Bravo AzSmells!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Default free Private Tabarome?!

That's how I got my bottle of Clive 1872! Best way ever! free
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!