Code of Conduct

Question Any speculations on Guerlain's Arsene Lupin? Dandy version?

I am such a fan of Guerlain, so I can't help but think of Arsene Lupin, to be launched in November of 2010.

This from Perfume Shrine: "green-gray aromatic cologne with some flowers (not much) and dry mossy-leathery sillage. It resembles vintage Jolie Madame by Balmain (violet+leather) and the new Le Temps d`une Fête by Parfums de Nicolai (narcissus or hyacinth) made with more dry feeling. It definitely has green bitter galbanum with bergamot, and some Provençal herbs like rosemary, lavender. Camphor-cooling feeling also detected. Heart is spicy-woody - wormwood, nutmeg and maybe pepper + coriander. Sillage is dry woody - moss, sandalwood, vetiver, immortelle (?) and leather". The longevity was also deemed good, with the intriguing addition that sales assistants report there would be two versions: a younger "dandy" version and a more mature version. (Just how groovy and cunning is that??)"

Did someone say....dandy?

I love galbanum, bergamot and lavender and also Jolie Madame, which be called Joli Monsieur for its violet/leather, and worn by men.

I...can't...wait...for...this...scent!

EDIT: I am thinking the "dandy" version and mature versions much like the current formulations of Habit Rouge EDT (more citrus and leather) and the EDP (agarwood and more oriental).
    Last edited by Primrose; 23rd May 2010 at 05:38 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any speculations on Guerlain's Arsene Lupin?

Sounds like a must try to me. I think I will gravitate to the more mature version, not that I am older just wiser.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 23rd May 2010 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Sounds like a must try to me. I think I will gravitate to the more mature version, not that I am older just wiser.
    Nick, I am willing to try both versions if they are different. I love violets and leather, with lavender in the mix, so I am really, really intrigued!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I am not giving up expectations on a return to classic perfume styles being reinterpreted and updated. YSL's Rive Gauche, M7 and Rocha's Lui come to mind. Thus, I expect this to be on that vein.

Default Re: Any speculations on Guerlain's Arsene Lupin? Dandy version?

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I am such a fan of Guerlain, so I can't help but think of Arsene Lupin, to be launched in November of 2010.

This from Perfume Shrine: "green-gray aromatic cologne with some flowers (not much) and dry mossy-leathery sillage. It resembles vintage Jolie Madame by Balmain (violet+leather) and the new Le Temps d`une Fête by Parfums de Nicolai (narcissus or hyacinth) made with more dry feeling. It definitely has green bitter galbanum with bergamot, and some Provençal herbs like rosemary, lavender. Camphor-cooling feeling also detected. Heart is spicy-woody - wormwood, nutmeg and maybe pepper + coriander. Sillage is dry woody - moss, sandalwood, vetiver, immortelle (?) and leather". The longevity was also deemed good, with the intriguing addition that sales assistants report there would be two versions: a younger "dandy" version and a more mature version. (Just how groovy and cunning is that??)"

Did someone say....dandy?

I love galbanum, bergamot and lavender and also Jolie Madame, which be called Joli Monsieur for its violet/leather, and worn by men.

I...can't...wait...for...this...scent!

EDIT: I am thinking the "dandy" version and mature versions much like the current formulations of Habit Rouge EDT (more citrus and leather) and the EDP (agarwood and more oriental).
    From your citation it looks like PerfumeShrine thinks, feels and writes the same as I do. Isn`t it strange?
    Please, find the Basenotes thread about new 2010 Guerlain scents - just to check out the discussion here, and how we has been close in comparisons Arsene Lupin with Jolie Madame and Nicolai. Ridiculous!

EDIT: Well, the puzzle solved.
    Perfumeshrine made her text with citation from my text here on our BN forum!!!
    And she even made some links to the thread.
    Last edited by moon_fish; 24th May 2010 at 05:50 AM. Reason: new info
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Re: Any speculations on Guerlain's Arsene Lupin? Dandy version?

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    From your citation it looks like PerfumeShrine thinks, feels and writes the same as I do.
    Please, find the Basenotes thread about new 2010 Guerlain scents - just to check out the discussion here, and how we has been close in comparisons Arsene Lupin with Jolie Madame and Nicolai. Ridiculous!
    It appears that Basenotes was credited in the Perfume Shrine article with a link to the thread you mentioned.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...it-damour.html
    Last edited by Primrose; 24th May 2010 at 05:27 AM.