Code of Conduct

Default Peeing in the Woods

I realized tonight that one of the best male experiences is peeing in the woods and smelling all of nature around you. I would wear a fragrance that captured this moment even if other people didn't appreciate it. Are there any fragrances that approach this? If not, I challenge any perfumers out there to create this fragrance!

Default Re: Peeing in the Woods

Minus the smell of urine while you're peeing... I'll have to agree with you. It's hard to capture that smell since it's ozonic as well as fresh, floral, green, woody and mossy all at once.

I'm pretty sure they did the scent that captured a guy peeing in the woods in Kouros. Except the guy is really sweaty and had some asparagus!
    Last edited by MrFragranceReview; 23rd May 2010 at 03:08 AM.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Well, PLUS the pee, and you could do worse than L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. Dense greenery that's been peed on.

I suppose if you peed near a pine tree, you might want to try 4 Voleurs.

LOL! Amazing thread! I needed this.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

At first I thought this was the name of a new release from Etat Libre d'Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Minus the smell of urine while you're peeing... I'll have to agree with you. It's hard to capture that smell since it's ozonic as well as fresh, floral, green, woody and mossy all at once.

I'm pretty sure they did the scent that captured a guy peeing in the woods in Kouros. Except the guy is really sweaty and had some asparagus!
    This is the kind of thing I was looking for. What creates this dynamic?

LOL! It depends on what one has been eating and drinking. Diabetic men will have a sweeter scent.

Peeing in the woods is best done with one's male dog to share the experience. It's a primal masculine bonding experience with one's canine companion dating back to the days of the wolf.
    Last edited by Primrose; 23rd May 2010 at 04:26 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

LOL Primrose!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

*lol* :d
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Parfum d'Habit is great in the woods. Whatever you're doing. Yatagan, too. Things like Virgilio and Sous le Vent as well.

Maybe for your next manly outing you will want to try "Fille en Aiguilles" (Serge Lutens)... *LOL*

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens Miel de Bois! My spouse swears it smells like peed-on urinal cakes in the wood
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

LOL i have to agree. To get that forest smell (minus the pee) you might want to try:

Bois d'Orage
    Oakmoss by Profumo.it
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Sales thread here

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

You might not hold that opinion if the peer had eaten asparagas prior to his woods relief.

But there is some generally recognizable smell of deep woods that seems to uncover a pleasant primative memory in us. More than likely a mix of so many different factors that I wonder if any perfumer could really capture more than just a hint of it.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Peeing in the woods is best done with one's male dog to share the experience. It's a primal masculine bonding experience with one's canine companion dating back to the days of the wolf.
    LMAO

Too true.

Scents which have captured the "night in the forest" experience for me include:

Neil Morris Midnight Forest - cool night air in a forest

Idole de Lubin - running drunken through a tropical forest at night, ending up at a bonfire

Yatagan - old pine shed in a pine forest, possibly including relieving oneself on a pine tree outside it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far! It's funny how many of the ones that have been mentioned I already own (Kouros, Yatagan, Parfum d'Habit) and I have a 4 Voleurs shower gel. I've sampled Idol de Lubin but found it too sweet. I've aslo sampled the two SLs mentioned and liked them, but not enough for a purchase. I'll definitely look into the others.

OMG. L'Anarchiste has been in my wardrobe forever and it totally fits this description!

Thundra by Profumum.

Thumbs up Re: Peeing in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    At first I thought this was the name of a new release from Etat Libre d'Orange.

You know, peeing isn't the only thing the woods are good for, it's perfectly alright just to go into the woods without any intensions of relieving yourself. :P

would wear a fragrance that captured this moment even if other people didn't appreciate it. Are there any fragrances that approach this? If not, I challenge any perfumers out there to create this fragrance!
    I have an idea : take the two Serge Lutes : Muscs Koublai Khan and Fille en Aiguilles and mix them

If you want a true "forest" smell try Roots for Him, although it may be difficult to procure a bottle outside of Canada.

http://canada.roots.com/Roots-For-Hi...ctedColor=9900

You may want to check out Moustache by Rochas, at least in the earlier cylindrical bottle: pine and pee for starters.

It practically begs the question: do you think a dandy would pee in the woods? And if so, would his dog be purebred?

It depends on what one has been eating and drinking.
    LOL!

My suggestion: CdG Sequoia
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Assuming the pee was odor-free, I'd go with Bogner Deep Forest or as Aiona suggested, CdG Sequoia.
    "Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway