Wow you are up early, ducky!
    Evenstar

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: SotD - Sunday the 23rd of May

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Wow you are up early, ducky!
    ?! It's almost 9 in the morning here, besides;
    I haven't been to bed, had a graveyard shift
    this night ... soon, I'll be sleeping tight!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 23rd May 2010 at 06:46 AM.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

I wake up @ 6:30 am (G+1) :-(((

Tilleul d'Orsay!
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Etro Vetiver
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Hot'n'humid here again -- we are talking around 90 F during the daytime -- I thought we were not in Texas any more -- thanks goodness there are some strong winds going on.

Oleg Cassini Black Tie for me today -- a nicely fresh chypre with osmanthus start, lasts for ever.

Finished a Chinese-themed pillow for Miss Tao, will ship tomorrow.

LTBL for our drive back home. It has been a glorious weekend.

Therese, what's LTBL? I'm sure it's obvious, but I don't get it...

Edit: Love's True Blueish Light? Checked your wardrobe...
    Last edited by tott; 23rd May 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Fresh - Citron de Vigne.

Notes include Neroli, Bitter Orange, Pink Grapefruit, Pinot Noir Accord, Jasmine Tea Leaves, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Amber.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

In honor of Day 1 of Roland Garros (French Open Grand Slam tennis tournament) I am in Lacoste Pour Femme. Rene Lacoste played in the 1920s, and besides being famous for his tennis, he also invented the Crocodile shirt (now Lacoste/Izod) for comfort on the court. There, that is your history lesson for the day. I love it when fragrances have a history that allows blending of my passions
    Last edited by cello; 23rd May 2010 at 12:14 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Good morning, you sweet things. I’m feeling all squishy and soft in Guerlain’s super-soft With Love. I should be wearing Champs Elysees in honor of the French farmers who have filled that avenue with plants today, but that scent doesn’t do much for me.

Is this the week I get control of my schedule? Control always seems to be just around the next bend. Am I the only one with this perspective?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Beyond Paradise For Men
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    In honor of Day 1 of Roland Garros (French Open Grand Slam tennis tournament) I am in Lacoste Pour Femme. Rene Lacoste played in the 1920s, and besides being famous for his tennis, he also invented the Crocodile shirt (now Lacoste/Izod) for comfort on the court. There, that is your history lesson for the day. I love it when fragrances have a history that allows blending of my passions
    I used to wear Lacoste Pour Femme years ago, and adored it! You smell fresh cello, and I also love absorbing some history via fragrance!!! Have a GREAT day!

My own SOTD is a continuation from yesterday...an unlikely new passion...the grand fruity patchouli of them all ~

Miss Dior Cherie (tosses hair to one side blows a kiss to the cyber basenoters who are snickering right now!)
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 23rd May 2010 at 12:32 PM.

What a great way to start the day. All my buds on the other side of the pond bright eyed and bushy tailed and smellin' jes' FINE - this side too!

Miss Wolfie you are TOO much. (You guys seen her work? This is last year's:

Her design - peonies in four languages all worked in silk on elegant linen. The woman is a genuine artist...don't let her pretend otherwise.)

Anyway, now I'm in the mood, so

(Quarry dear - control is overrated. Let the Universe do its thing. It will anyway!! And tomorrow we can wear Champs Elysees if you like!)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 23rd May 2010 at 12:43 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Mitsouko - Guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

Ooh, I was sure I posted yesterday! Anyway, I spent the afternoon in London meeting a friend. I wore a tiny spritz of Penhaligon's Lily and Spice, to keep as much skin real estate as possible for any available 'fume sampling. And sample we did! We spent some time in Dover Street Market spraying and sniffing all the Commes Des Garçons, discovering wonderful things like 'San Fran Hipster in a Hot Tub', 'Hamster' and 'Brand New Macbook In Polystyrene Casing'. I wore Champaca back out into the hottest day of the year so far (working on the highest cost per spritz principle).

Which all goes towards saying my SOTD is CDG x Stephen Jones, no longer from a sample!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Tauer Perfumes Le Maroc pour Elle.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I'm one of the early birds on BN today too. Had to get up at 5.30 to take the " work bus" to work. The ordinary routes only start going from around 12 today...and that would be a little bit too late for work ( start at 8) So,the result was a 45 minute defenitely not taking the shortcut...And then had to wait for an hour before my shift started. I brought breakfast and a magazine to kill some time.Sotd was Chergui, sotE is Pleasures. This reminds me of my Mom and suddenly kind of missed her,so I decided it could be my sotE. Besides I need a fresh scent after work, to keep me awake!

Blog Entries

Robert Piguet - Bandit

Dark green, sassy tingle.
    Naughty kitty!

1999 Re-orchestration by Delphine Lebeau of Givaudan with
    top notes of neroli, orange, ylang-ylang and galbanum,
    heart notes of jasmine, rose leather and tuberose on
    base notes of musk, vetiver, patchouli and oak moss.
    Last edited by kumquat; 23rd May 2010 at 03:19 PM.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Paris - Lumiere Noire Pour Homme (I prefer this over the femme)

Basenotes Plus

YAWN......I did sleep late and it was marvelous!

I feel like wearing a Serge Lutens today, something out of character for me though. I got it! Fleurs d'Oranger, from a generous sample. (I may have to add a touch of La Myrrhe, to make it more "me".)

Aaaaaahhhh, divine!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Good morning, you sweet things. I’m feeling all squishy and soft in Guerlain’s super-soft With Love. I should be wearing Champs Elysees in honor of the French farmers who have filled that avenue with plants today, but that scent doesn’t do much for me.

Is this the week I get control of my schedule? Control always seems to be just around the next bend. Am I the only one with this perspective?
    That Paris "Farmers' Street Market" is wonderful! I realize that the US is huge in comparison and wish we had more locally-grown produce here... other than a co-op and the local farmers' market all the produce is trucked in from god only knows where for all the grocery stores, and we only have two or three tiny independent stores that stock locally grown. It's a shame, really, as there could be a great leap in quality and less energy resources wasted to truck "sturdy but bland" stuff in.

And yes, control of the schedule, of paperwork, of... it's elusive!

OH YEAH... My SOTD is Caron Bellodgia EDT over the still-there drydown of Xerjoff Shingl (the sweet ambery musk is still floating up through the Bellodgia!)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

Morning all !

CdG Champaca this morning- heavenly !!!!!!!!!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Pffffffffff toooo hot for meeee! n <-- sweat.

Dior's marvellous Escale a Portofino today, for a walk through a leafy park.

That Fresh citrus fragrance sounds delightful; must try to get hold of some!

Good Morning All. I'm wearing a sample of Ralph Lauren 'Summer Romance' and so far so good, floral with a hint of citrus, loving the pink bottle. Too early to say how the staying power will perform. Perfect for a lazy Sunday, hope you enjoy your day.

For this lovely cool Saturday I wanted a rose and I needed to go to my baseline rose:

Guerlain Nahema

The most amazing part of this rose fragrance is there is not a drop of rose in it....Incroyable!

Have a Serene Sunday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm wearing, and really enjoying, AA Rosa Magnifica. I bought this blind several years ago and regretted the buy, but over time I've come to grudgingly accept it and now, actually like it.

Last summer I smelled Chamade for the first time and was struck immediately that it smelled something like Rosa Magnifica. The common note, it seems, is a prominent hyacinth note. I don't really think of Rosa Magnifica as one of my rose fragrances but just enjoy it for itself.

Happy Sunday all you maaaavelous smelling BNers!

My condolences to those suffering from extreme heat in any part of the globe. As much as I've been complaining about the cold and practically-non-stop rain here, I prefer it to heat. One can pile on the clothing, but can only take off so much.

Inspired by Twolf's apt description of it in the "Current Top Five Faves..." thread, I'm wearing vintage...
    Coriandre
    by Jean Couturier
    Have a terrific remainder of the weekend all!
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 23rd May 2010 at 06:24 PM.

Everyone smells fantastic!

Cello, another thumbs up here for your SotD. I love Lacoste pour Femme.

Ubu, I love Miss Dior Cherie! Besides, we all have to give expression to our inner teen at times, don't we?

Quarry, I like Taolady’s response to your question. Control is just a mirage anyway. ((hug)) Miss you!

I'm wearing Opium Poésie de Chine today, a new discovery for me. It has lovely, creamy magnolia in it.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Nukapai, I don't like hot, sweaty weather either, as anyone who reads my weather-related posts knows. Poor boo!

Another day in Rive Gauche, for a busy Sunday. Take care, all.

SoTAfternoon... Xerjoff Dhajala... which definitely has that exotic vibe about it, a floriental with notes that to my nose resemble J. Peterman's E.M. Rajasthan (but with apparently higher-quality ingredients) and a warm, sweet, amberic/balsamic drydown.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

For a record breaking third day in a row
    my scent of the evening is;

CHANEL N°19
    Eau de Parfum

Basenotes Plus

Silence Purple by Jacomo
    Last edited by knit at nite; 23rd May 2010 at 08:23 PM.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Timbuktu for which, I am developing an affinity.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 23rd May 2010 at 08:30 PM.

SotE is Chanel's lovely Coromandel - which, to everyone's relief I'm sure, has nothing to do with tennis Except that it is equally as exciting.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

Poivre by Caron for this evening.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    ...Is this the week I get control of my schedule? Control always seems to be just around the next bend. Am I the only one with this perspective?
    Nope! That's the perspective I've had for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    ...(Quarry dear - control is overrated. Let the Universe do its thing. It will anyway!!...
    Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    ...Quarry, I like Taolady’s response to your question. Control is just a mirage anyway...
    I am listening, Taolady and Lilybelle...

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    ...Which all goes towards saying my SOTD is CDG x Stephen Jones, no longer from a sample!
    What a great fragrance! And that bottle...

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Timbuktu for which, I am developing an affinity.
    I'm so glad you enjoy this special fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Poivre by Caron for this evening.
    Ah! I'm your twin in carnations today. For me, it has been Etro Dianthus all day...

Perhaps I'll join you in some Poivre for the evening!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale tonight
    Oh what a great idea!! Gonna take some of that sample you sent me to bed. Wa-hooooo.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

P.S. to Taolady and Twolf: That pillow is a masterpiece! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Basenotes Institution

I was at the beach all day, got a really nice tan and sand all over my body...I still keep picking little pieces of sand out of my hair. I love hot days at the beach so much, because when I come home the best part is spraying on a cool spritz of fragrance.

This morning it was Magnolia Romana by Eau d' Italie (from a sample), which was not what I expected it to be.

Well, it doesn't smell like magnolia to me. So...

Tonight I think (after my aloe vera cooling gel soaks in) it'll be one of my Sunday evening standards:

Serge Noire by Serge Lutens

And Petra Ichor, I'm super jealous...I've always wanted to go to London and if I do I will most definitely make it to the Dover Street Market to gaze upon all of those wonderful CdG's that I love so much. Did they have those new ones that CdG collaborated with that designer with...the small, dollhouse-like pink and white bottles...I can't remember the name of them now...??

summer means fireflys

Another day at the hospital ... wearing Etro Heliotrope. So jealous, Mike, of your day at the beach!

It's actally Monday morning here, but the thread wasn't closed yet and I didn't have time to post yesterday.

SoTD was Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau.
    Last edited by trikkirikki; 24th May 2010 at 05:04 AM.

Blog Entries

This evenings fragrance is Embruns d'Ambre.