Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Need your imput guys and gals on CK brand...

I've moved a bit more into the nice/upper designer catagory, but my local CK outlet is haveing a huge Memorial Weekend sale and I thought I could pick up a frag or two for the heck of it. Here's what I need your help on...I've tried Obsession, Eternity, One, and Euphoria (non-Intense). What do you folks think are the top two or three all time CK scents for a man or unisex (or fem. scents that a guy can pull off)??? Thanks for the sage wisdom and thoughts!
    -B

Default Re: Need your imput guys and gals on CK brand...

ck be is my favorite with obsession for men my second favorite.

I enjoy Ck one Electric in summertime. Also, Truth is good for spring. Eternity is a nice classic.

Check out Contradiction, and Truth. They're the best of the current CK offerings, IMO. Euphoria Intense and CK Be are good, too.

obsession and then eternity

Obsession would be first, then CK One. Euphoria Intense is pretty good in it's own right. Just stay away from CK Free, utterly generic & weak.

Escape os brilliant !!! love it... high school memories

I like the recent Calvin Klein Man, as well as the cK one summer 2008 edition the most.
    I refuse to sink.

Contradiction for Men. Even better: Contradiction for Men bar soap and deodorant. Euphoria Intense is the best of the recent CKs. Another one of the better old ones: Eternity Sport. Hard to find, worth it if you do find it.

Sur la Plage

IMO, save your money. I do not feel there are any CK fragrances worth purchasing - and wouldn't buy any "just because they are on sale".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Although I loathe most CK, I do enjoy CK Be, and I also like CK Obsession- however it has been reformulated to a pale shadow of it's former self (Obsession, that is). Do let us know what you purchase and what you think of them....
    Last edited by morrison74; 24th May 2010 at 11:37 AM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Obsession or Eternity, for the sake of it.

But only because you say they're on sale and feel the need to buy it. IMO, there's always something better for the money than most of the CK fragrances.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    obsession and then eternity
    Exactly like me..!

The women's version of Obsession is my favorite CK, I love its rich, resiny bitterness. (It's also my #1 compliment-getter from women out of all my fragrances, masculine or feminine, by a mile.) I'm loath to describe scents as "dated", but the men's version of Obsession struck me as such when I last smelled it - it's been a while, though, so perhaps I should retry it. CK Be is my #2 fave, a great warm-weather scent with a slightly moodier edge than its sunnier cousin, CK One. It's also less omnipresent than One - I never smell it on anyone else, so if you're looking to go against the pack check it out. Its only flaw is piss-poor longevity.

The rest of the CK lineup is mostly forgettable, unfortunately. I used to have a thing for Eternity, but these days it strikes me as a bit two-dimensional. Truth isn't bad, but it's nothing you can't find in any other fragrance house and with more complexity. Euphoria is misnamed. Escape is lousy, in any version, and CK Free is pure bargain-basement - why did they even bother?
    Last edited by subhuman85; 25th May 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Eternity -- nice, long lasting
    CK One -- modern classic
    Obsession -- classic
    Man -- if you don't mind a celery note, mixed reviews

I have no memorable experience with others.

Dependent

Top 3:

Obsession (both men's and ladies')
    CK Be

If you want to smell like an old lady, buy Obsession
    If you want to fumigate your house, buy Escape

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    If you want to smell like an old lady, buy Obsession
    I just turned 27, and if smelling like an old lady means I smell fantastic, then yeah, most definitely.
    Last edited by MFJ; 5th June 2010 at 05:48 AM.

I imagine you've both got different formulas - sadly the most recent one is reminiscent of something an old woman wear. The previous edition was gorgeous and delicious though.

Ehh, I take almost all talk of reformulation with a grain of salt, unless it's gobsmackingly obvious - Rochas Femme, Coutourier Coriandre, et al. Noses change, perhaps yours just doesn't recognize Obsession the way it used to? I wear the recent version of Obsession and have been complimented by everyone from my mother to a 17-year old coworker, who proclaimed it "delicious". Then there was a male friend in his early 20's who wanted to know what "cologne" I was wearing, he thought it smelled great too. Bring on the "old lady" scents, apparently my skin turns them to gold!
    Last edited by subhuman85; 5th June 2010 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Ehh, I take almost all talk of reformulation with a grain of salt, unless it's gobsmackingly obvious - Rochas Femme, Coutourier Coriandre, et al. Noses change, perhaps yours just doesn't recognize Obsession the way it used to? I wear the recent version of Obsession and have been complimented by everyone from my mother to a 17-year old coworker, who proclaimed it "delicious". Then there was a male friend in his early 20's who wanted to know what "cologne" I was wearing, he thought it smelled great too. Bring on the "old lady" scents, apparently my skin turns them to gold!
    When did you get your bottle?

Obsession is the best of the lot and I don't mind Crave. cK fragrances have the tendency to be short-lasting, so beware!

CK Be, the rest i don't care too much about.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I just turned 27, and if smelling like an old lady means I smell fantastic, then yeah, most definitely.
    For that matter, I wear Derby...I must smell like an old man...

BTW, I vote for the CK Summer 2004--the original launch before all the yearly relaunches. Citrus, floral and musk...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I would skip all CK frags if I were you. But as I am not you, if you are looking for the "best" CK frag then to me it's Truth for men. Some places still have it; most do not. Nice green/melon-y scent. Second best is regular Obsession for men, but it's been reformulated from its past glory (of which there was little). Third best option is to go online and get yourself a bottle of Obsession Night for men. Actually this one is really, really nice, but its projection & longevity are abysmal. This keeps it from being a must-buy item for me.

Yeah, actually I stick with skipping all CK frags.

Obsession for men and One.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

CK top 3:

1. Obsession for Women
    2. Obsession for Men
    3. Eternity (though it doesnt work for me, it works for many people I know)

I hear good things abt the discontinued Calvin too...

Quote Originally Posted by RDFCHarry
    When did you get your bottle?
    I got my first bottle in November or so of last year, and my backup mini bottle this past March.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame
    I thought this was relaunched in the last couple of years or so, but I've never seen it on shelves. Did they discontinue it again?
    Last edited by subhuman85; 6th June 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For that matter, I wear Derby...I must smell like an old man...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    CK top 3:
    DF, I totally forgot about this classic till you mentioned. Definitely one of CK's more substantial scents.