Code of Conduct

Default Tommy Bahama for Men - season?

I recently picked up a bottle of Tommy Bahama for men (the original) and I love it. Reminds me a bit of Gucci Pour Homme I which, to me, is strictly a cold weather frag. I bought Tommy Bahama blind assuming it would be for warm weather given the style of Tommy Bahama. Any thoughts on what season would be best for wearing this?

Default Re: Tommy Bahama for Men - season?

It works pretty well for summer nights.
    I refuse to sink.

Blog Entries

I think this one is good year-round. The feel is summery, but the strength is enough to function as a cold-weather frag, yet still light enough not to be cloying.

Agreed, one of the best things about Tommy Bahama is its versatility. It doesn't smell like everything else on the market, and can be worn during any season. Although its got the leather, pepper, ginger accompanied by the woods.. something you wouldn't think of as a summer fragrance. It gives off that summer vibe, the smell and feeling of sand, palm trees, sea shells and the ocean. To me TB is not only extremely versatile, but falls into a number of classifications: Woodsy, leather, tobacco, as well as oceanic and fresh at the same time.

Definitely acceptable for summer. Smells different than every other fruity/aquatic/citrus summer frag. It's unique and separates itself from the majority, yet doesn't overwhelm in doing so.. great summer "feel different" fragrance IMO
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 23rd May 2010 at 09:37 PM.

totally gross fragrance that smells like molasses and black cracked pepper - don't stand near me in the summer heat wearing this one.

This scent is completely versatile! Dont be scared to wear it in the summer, it is very much so a summer frag as well as a winter one.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

My initial impression was winter, but it worked fine in 90 degree heat. I think, go easy on the application during the heat. The pepper note reminded me a LOT of ARMANI PRIVÉ BOIS D'ENCENS.

The women's version, though, is the masterpiece. I wish they would make a room spray with it.