Code of Conduct

Default Sweetness and spice and everything nice

Lately on my search for summer fragrances, I've had a mini-me epiphany! I don't mind sweet fragrances however they need to be balanced out by something; L'eau par Kenzo eau Indigo is sweet but gets balanced with ginger (same story with L'homme), Antidote is uhh.. I guess sweet and spicy but it's 100 other things as well, etc.

So does anyone have suggestions for sweet fragrances that aren't TOO sweet? Or fresh fragrances that aren't found in gym locker rooms (like Un Jardin en Méditerranée)? Thank you kind BNers
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Default Re: Sweetness and spice and everything nice

Givenchy pour Homme, on my skin, is both sweet and spicy. I couldn't stand this because the note of coriander is way too strong on my skin but you should try it and see for yourself. I think this one will fit the bill.

acier alumium is sweet but it has spice in it, but i could see where people would find it too sweet. Royal delight might work it has leather in it.

Arrow Re: Sweetness and spice and everything nice

If you haven't tried it, I think you might really like Penhaligon's Endymion; it's a spicy gourmand that is slightly transparent, probably because it comes in EdC concentration.

I did not care for it when I sampled it last month but I gave it a quick dab on the forearm last week and it has grown on me a bit in the intervening period. mtgprox05 described it here as a lighter version of some more well-known gourmands, which I think is a fair assessment now that I've smelled a couple of them.

Not my kind of thing, but it has a lot of fans here, it is rather well done, and it sounds like what you are looking for.

I ordered a bottle of M7 Fresh online - blind - on the basis of exactly what you're describing. It gets high marks from other BN-ers. Should arrive on Wednesday. Can't wait, since I love M7 so much.

The original DNA by Bijan:

Top notes are caraway, lavender, mandarin orange, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, ginger, fir, gardenia, pepper, jasmine, west indian bay and geranium; base notes are leather, sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, benzoin, oakmoss, vetiver, incense and cedar.

Basenotes Institution

Have you tried Costume National Homme by Costume National? Or Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Have you tried Costume National Homme by Costume National? Or Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone?
    I have not! But I was seeking a sample of Costume National Homme on eBay when I heard about it in a thread. I haven't heard of Pomegranate Noir.. but it sounds intriguing.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! It looks like I'll be doing a lot of sampling haha
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

L'Occitane Eau des Baux has a very sweet note with incense. Not spice, actually.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

100% agree with Mike's Costume National Homme idea. First thing that sprang to mind when I saw the thread title. Side note - there's a song by Milton Nascimento called 'Crava et Canela' (Cloves & Cinnamon) that will also help your summer go by quite nicely.

Declaration by Cartier comes to mind.

Bogart Pour Homme - sweet pipe tobacco cheapo!

Chergui!

Opium Pour Homme Eau De Parfum.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Basenotes Institution

One I forgot to mention: Ambre Nuit by Christian Dior