Code of Conduct

Default Gucci by Gucci Sport - The first real scrubber of 2010?

I tried this the other day and was horrified by it and couldn't wait to find a sink and wash it off.

I like the original Gucci by Gucci, but this new Sport flanker is really awful. I know it's been said before of other fragrances, but none with more actuality than this one, this really does smell like cat's pee. It's dreadful.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Gucci by Gucci Sport - The first real scrubber of 2010?

It is definitely one of the worst recent releases.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I only smelled it from a Maxim magazine, it didn't smell bad at all. Nothing special though, but I don't think it was a scrubber. It didn't smell sporty either.

Thanks for the warning.....I will have to spray this on the dreaded scent cards.....just to see for myself.....Gary

It's not unpleasant, just nothing new.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Blog Entries

The nothingness of nothing in a universe of nothing.

Does a cat's pee really exist if nobody sees it lift its leg? Does a homeopathic fragrance still have an odor? If the imaginary cat is sporty, and looked at Kouros, and has a memory of a chypre without oakmoss, does chypre still exist in a modern way?

This is Schroedinger's sport cologne. Whatever you do, don't open the box!

I disagree with all the negativity about this one so far. It's certainly not something I'm going to spring for, since it's quite synthetic, and not something I need another of. But, I thought it was quite good (no pee for me), and at least for what's in your typical department store was unique as well. I didn't get the typical niche fig note (milky, coconutty, green), but it was a woody fig note juxtaposed on top of a fizzy grapefruit note. Really, it wasn't terrible, nor was it generic, nor was it gross, so for me it's a thumbs up!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

I like the original Gucci by Gucci PH, but it always struck me as a bit weak. I was hoping for something stronger, not weaker. The interesting chypre effect was mostly gone, and what was left had bad longevity for me in a side-by-side test on both skin and paper. I wanted to love it, but no dice. Admittedly, I was joking about the cat pee, but not about the disappearing act.

It's a generic sporty scent without being too 'sporty'. I don't understand how can think it's bad, it's not unpleasant at all! It's a very juicy smell and smells pleasing but, it's just nothing interesting. It will be on Marshall's rack very soon
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    and at least for what's in your typical department store was unique as well.
    Thankfully..............
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Man you guys are being too hard on the damn thing. When someone releases something tired and derivative (i.e CK Free, basically any Ed Hardy, etc) then we jump on it. I mean how common are the notes ambrette seeds, fig, and cypress in modern men's fragrances? Not really common I'd say, and I see that as commendable.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I dont understand the hate with this fragrance its gorgeous to me. I just get a very fruity fizz vibe from it how is that not pleasant?

It's OK to me.

Its good stuff. It has a fresh and citrus vetiver feel. Far from awful but nothing spectacular

something needs to smell like genitals or fungus for basenoters to really love it

the stuff that's recommended on this forum is seriously hideous sometimes...
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by scenternerian View Post
    something needs to smell like genitals or fungus for basenoters to really love it

the stuff that's recommended on this forum is seriously hideous sometimes...
    'Another generic release. I cannot even detect one note of patchouli-soaked butt sweat!'

This smells like body odor , the bad kind , rotted peaches and onions.