Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

Tried it again today. I must say it is a step above its competitors in the aquatic / fresh genre, especially in the drydown. Is that a touch of anise I'm getting? Better the second time around. I like it, but I'm still not wowed by it. It is a quality fragrance, though. I might pick up a bottle at some point.
    Currently wearing: Chrome by Azzaro

Default Re: Chanel Bleu de Chanel (the mediocrity continues)

terribly boring and dull..... amazing Chanel released such a mediocre and forgettable fragrance.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Grr! On second thought Grrrrrr!
    LOL ... hilarious!

I still haven't sniffed Bleu.

Lady nose poking in here: just sniffed it on my lunch hour. Handsome bottle; juice is utterly dull. First thought was: This smells just like something else. If it weren't so boring, I'd summon the energy to try and think what that scent might be. But I can't bothered.

Says it all, really.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

No, Chanel, no. The most boring scent of the year.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

I guess Allure Homme Sport now loses its place as Chanel's most boring fragrance. ;-)
    Currently wearing: Cuirs by Carner Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I guess Allure Homme Sport now loses its place as Chanel's most boring fragrance. ;-)
    Comparing to THIS, AHS is a masterpiece

No, Chanel, no! I was waiting for everything, but not for this. Bleu de Chanel presents synthetic type of freshness, in this way it is comparable to Diesel Only the Brave, for example. But if the Diesel has its individuality, Chanel - doesn't have. I was trying to remember, what fragrance Bleu de Chanel reminds me... Finnally, I've understood that the beginning of Bleu is the full copy of Axe deodorant spray in a green bottle, that I used some time ago. Then the Chanel becomes woodier and more elegant, maybe, but... Nevertheless it is the scent of Lacoste quality, it is NOT Chanel... I can't believe. Such a shame!..

Basenotes Institution

It is a boring fragrance and I did not think the bottle was that great. Chanel has done better........
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Is it on the same par with Allure Edition Blanche? I loved the latter.

Blog Entries

When the magnetic cap is the most novel aspect of the fragrance.....

....and even that was apparently poached from Les Exclusifs.

At least in Marc Jacobs Bang, it was the FRAGRANCE that got stolen from niche.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    Honestly, it's like somebody watered down Blanche with a better aquatic. If you like Blanche AND mainstream aquatics, you may find this acceptable. But it's not as distinctive as Blanche. Stylistically, I think they were looking at mainstreaming Blanche.

One stroke over the par of Blanche, two if you hate aquatics or mainstream cookie-cutter scents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    For what it's worth, Blanche is one of my favorite frags. I had low expectations for it, having not liked Allure or Allure Homme Sport, but it was love at first smell. I have even grown to enjoy it more, the more I have worn it.

That said, I had high expectations for Bleu, and it failed to live up to them. It's not bad by any means, and if you like Blanche you should definitely try it. While I had to have a full bottle of Blanche, I'm not there yet with Bleu. I am going to be on the lookout for someone selling decants, though. I do have this feeling that it may be one that could grow on me if I got to wear it more.

Has anyone seen the video advert for this yet ,as today is the launch date thought it might be out somewhere. It could be the most interesting thing about the fragrance together with the great bottle !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Has anyone seen the video advert for this yet ,as today is the launch date thought it might be out somewhere. It could be the most interesting thing about the fragrance together with the great bottle !
    Can't find the video yet, but here are some stills...

http://gaspardulliel.net/photos/index.php?cat=46

Call me crazy but I liked it. I've yet to find a real aquatic-like fragrance that pushes my buttons like this one does. Nothing revolutionary. Just a pleasantly nice fragrance to wear when I'm not in the mood to wear anything else.

Just bought a bottle. I like the bottle. I like the little magnet on the cap. No, nothing revolutionary, but very attractive. I'm not a fan of aquatics, so I was disappointed when I heard about what the fragrance concept was supposed to be. But it turns out that I actually like it. The scent, also not revolutionary, is much stronger than I expected. The mid notes and dry down seem to be a bit richer and more woodsy that I was expecting. So far, I'm happy with it. I'll have to spend a week or so with it to know my true feelings about it. But so far so good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Just bought a bottle. I like the bottle. I like the little magnet on the cap. No, nothing revolutionary, but very attractive. I'm not a fan of aquatics, so I was disappointed when I heard about what the fragrance concept was supposed to be. But it turns out that I actually like it. The scent, also not revolutionary, is much stronger than I expected. The mid notes and dry down seem to be a bit richer and more woodsy that I was expecting. So far, I'm happy with it. I'll have to spend a week or so with it to know my true feelings about it. But so far so good.
    Glad you like it - your experience is what I had hoped for. I found it interesting that you thought it was stronger than you expected, with a rich and woody middle. This makes me think that I'm anosmic to some important component. I really do not get enough wood - the middle is particularly lacking for me, and the only part that's rich for me is the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Personally, if I was wearing the same thing every day, then better Bleu de Chanel than Acqua di Gio.
    Har har. Not setting the bar too high there, are we?

Welcome back! We've missed your informed opinions!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Har har. Not setting the bar too high there, are we?
    LOL!

No, I guess not. Well, I don't know. I really wanted to love this one, and I'm just having trouble dealing with the disappointment. Trying to say SOMETHING positive, I guess....

I was going to say earlier that this fragrance couldn't get a sympathy date with Chanel no.5 Eau Première. But I suppose it may eventually get a sympathy buy from me - if I can ever get my nose to pick up the bloody woody amber that's flying under my olfactory radar.

There are several fragrances which I fell in love with, once I could detect something I was temporarily anosmic to. Tokyo by Kenzo - I couldn't smell guaiac wood, but once I did, it turned powerhouse on me. D&G the one For Men - same story. Some important component wouldn't come through, and the fragrance really disappointed me, until my nose got trained, and then I loved it. Polo Explorer - the woody amber there was a total waste on me for about half a year. Then all of a sudden, I was getting the frag in a big way. I am HOPING that's the case here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Then all of a sudden, I was getting the frag in a big way. I am HOPING that's the case here as well.
    Hope springs eternal. I know exactly what you're saying here. I love the idea of this one. The packaging is cool. Even like the ad campaign. First sample was kind of blah, though. I, too, am hoping that maybe I missed something. You're very right about that.

Welcome back!!!!!
    Evenstar

I was looking forward to this frag like everyone else. Today, when I was passing a perfume store here in Moscow I saw huge posters advertising Bleu. I dropped in immediately with great anticipation. I thought it would be maybe not a spectacular fragrance, but at least something very very pleasant, like all the previous of Chanel's for men. When I grabbed the bottle I thought - wow. The design of the bottle is beautiful and simple. Dark and heavy glass - love it.
    All of those good feelings were gone after the first spray. I could not believe it. I am not a pro when it comes to testing frags at all, I'm just a regular guy who shows some interest in frags, but this new release is... it's not a new release at all. Why did they do it? Aren't they ashamed? I would be interested in getting Chanel's Bleu if it smelled something new and original, but it smelled so familiar to me. It's like I've known this smell for years. I can not identify what it smells like but I'm 100% sure that there is an identical fragrance.
    $120 for that? Are they NUTS?
    I remember I did not care about the money after Dior released its marvelous Dior Homme. But with this one...
    It was a very quick goodbye for me.

I shall pretty much echo everything that has already been said , its a very safe typical generic designer fragrance BUT It is very well done and very likeable possible future purchase

I bought a bottle with the idea that this will replace my decade love of Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme as my default go-to scent on days I can't make up my mind.

Safe? Yes.
    Compelling? No.
    Smells good? Yes.
    Goes well with my body chemistry? Hell yes.
    Inoffensive? Yes.
    Different than anything else out there? No.

But for some reason, it will probably be in my collection for the next ten years. It's not bad, it's classy, it's not loud, it's not a risk taker and it's... real masculine (to me).
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

I tried this out today, full of expectation. It's a pleasant but ultimately unremarkable scent. If I was bought it as a gift I would be grateful but wouldn't buy it myself.

In terms of how it actually smells, my first impression was of a slightly less synthetic 'bubblegum' scent such as Hugo by Hugo Boss. This settled down to something closer to Issey Miyake Intense, only slightly weaker.
    Last edited by Dante; 20th August 2010 at 03:21 PM.

Yeah! Finally, after days of thoughts, I've guessed what fragrance Bleu de Chanel reminds me so much. It is more citrusy and less sweet, but nevertheless copy of Biother Homme Force fragrance. Please, if you can compare them both and confirm my guess.

Interesting, that Biotherm presents its scent as just fresh and inexpensive, when Chanel... You know, though.

Here, I'll take the bait. Tried this today and liked it alot!I don't think, to my nose, that it is much like many others. It has a quality to it that alot of the watered down stuff doesn't...(see Big Pony and many others). I'm wearing a sample now and I think it is great on me. There.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

This fragrance is the food equivalent of a turkey sandwich. It's simple, tastes good, easy to make, and gets the job done. However, with all the different, better tasting, more interesting choices you can opt to have, why wouldn't you choose to have something better?