Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    Kerosene, I saw that when you put it up and heartily agreed.
    The kids and I stopped in at Nordstrom's today and the sales staff said it's selling like crazy.
    Cheers,
    Daryl J.
    Yeah, I definitely see this one being a huge seller. Chanel knows what they are doing. It's a nice smelling fragrance but nothing original. Doesnt make it bad, it just might not be for person that has a ton of bottles, because it doesnt really separate itself from a lot of other fresh scents.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Hey man! Thanks for all the time you put into your videos. They are appreciated from a fellow North Jersian!
    Thanks! Appreciate it.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I couldn't help but notice how similar this one is to the Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, particularly the dry down.
    Well, if you look at their note pyramids, you'd be surprised to see that they share a lot of common notes.

Chanel Bleu -notes from Chanel website
    ACT 1 -
    Citrus accord, Vetiver, Pink pepper.

ACT 2 -
    Grapefruit, Dry Cedar notes, Labdanum.

ACT 3 -
    Frankincense, Ginger, Sandalwood.

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche - notes from Fragrantica
    The first level brings spicy aromas of black pepper united with pink pepper from Madagascar. The second level brings in fresh aromas with the scent of leather, Sicilian lemon, Calabrian bergamot, and sandalwood which gives it a depth.

The third level introduces oriental accords with Brazilian Tonka, white musk, Haiti vetiver and sandal wood. This level also reveals aromas of gingerand velvety vanilla wrapped in amber. The fourth level brings woodsy accords of cedar wood which add to the masculine character of this fragrance.
    Sorry for reiterating but since my previous posts were buried in the end on one of the previous pages, I am re posting them here.
    I am just curious to know if there is nobody else who thinks this Bleu is so very similar to Edition Blanche.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    My take on Bleu if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfiYvPO5_XY
    That was fun. I had a couple of laughs at the end that almost woke up my wife!

Blog Entries

Sorry for reiterating but since my previous posts were buried in the end on one of the previous pages, I am re posting them here.
    I am just curious to know if there is nobody else who thinks this Bleu is so very similar to Edition Blanche.
    I agree - a lot of similarity. However, my exact view of the similarity has changed. At first, I thought that Blanche was better because the main accord is so much more "out there" - a real "poof" of citrus powder in the face. But now I like Bleu better, because it has both greater longevity AND (most importantly) greater complexity. I almost feel like Bleu was the tweaking of Blanche to both a better fragrance and a more marketable one ("better" being said because I like mainstream stuff).

After having this for over a month, I can say I would buy another bottle.
    It's a good scent, I'm sure lots of people will agree. Only reason it's been getting bad reviews is simple. Being a Chanel, everyone was expecting something out of this world.

Btw, has anyone used the aftershave?

Wow, we are on page 10.

Since I don't shave, I would not buy the aftershave, but I would love a deodorant and a shower gel
    Evenstar

it was such an interesting interview with Polge. I am surprised how he freely expresees his ideas on Bleu de Chanel. It's the first time I read unmistified interview with the Chanel creator about Chanel scent. He created it without love. There is no fantasy in it - as he sais.

Personally I think that Bleu de Chanel is the worst masculine Chanel creation. I fell some sickening sweetness in it. It's not bad but I would wear CK Man instead.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    it was such an interesting interview with Polge. I am surprised how he freely expresees his ideas on Bleu de Chanel. It's the first time I read unmistified interview with the Chanel creator about Chanel scent. He created it without love. There is no fantasy in it - as he sais.
    Do you have a link to that interview? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by George P View Post
    Do you have a link to that interview? Thanks.
    Here you go: http://www.hintmag.com/post/qampa-wi...tember-02-2010

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Wow, we are on page 10.

Since I don't shave, I would not buy the aftershave, but I would love a deodorant and a shower gel
    Yeah, page 10 seems pretty unreal. On the other hand, CdG Wonderwood is on page 3 already. I would call CdG Ww a classic BN favored fragrance - niche-leaning designer with conceptual aspects, and by a house with a proven record. Most people haven't even had a chance to sniff it. In contrast, Chanel is a favorite designer, with multiple classics, and due for a big hit. Brilliant marketing got Bleu into people's hands VERY fast, at the perfect time (end of summer), and almost simultaneously everywhere. Between all that and everybody keeping the posts in a single thread (WOW!), 10 pages seems more like a sign of the times than an anomaly.

BTW, my wife borrowed my Bleu yesterday. I just knew it would happen! What I didn't expect was that she would try to get my son to wear some, too!

i finally got a chance to smell this. Somebody a few pages back gave a review i identify with. It smells like a high quality, more mature version of Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce. I like it, but i can understand why some here on the board do not.

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    After having this for over a month, I can say I would buy another bottle.
    It's a good scent, I'm sure lots of people will agree. Only reason it's been getting bad reviews is simple. Being a Chanel, everyone was expecting something out of this world..
    Take it easy there. You already made up your mind that you would take another bottle after JUST a month. Why don't you wait until you are done a bottle and see.

And who ever said they expected "...something out of this world...". From Chanel ? Who said that ? And what has Chanel done to deserve that kind of expectation from a mainstream release ?

Alot of people just don't like the fragrance.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

I saw the commercial...lol. Then again i think 1 Million's commercial is pretty cool and alot of people say its tacky

Ill give it another go and put it on my skin next time...all i know is from what i smelled, it was just a rehashed rehashing of a rehashed rehash

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Take it easy there. You already made up your mind that you would take another bottle after JUST a month. Why don't you wait until you are done a bottle and see.
    Yeah, I won't buy it till I use it all up. Guess I like it that much. lol

And who ever said they expected "...something out of this world...". From Chanel ? Who said that ? And what has Chanel done to deserve that kind of expectation from a mainstream release ?
    That's my conclusion as to why people didn't like it. Take it easy there.

True. Lots won't, and that's fine.

At the end is what each individual enjoys.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i finally got a chance to smell this. Somebody a few pages back gave a review i identify with. It smells like a high quality, more mature version of Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce. I like it, but i can understand why some here on the board do not.
    Every time I wear it I think of Fierce too! But, I like Fierce a bit more. Something in the notes is like a designer version of Fierce. But, I have to admit this fragrance doesn't have any excitment for me any longer. I's just fresh and ok, but nothing special. I tried but it doesn't have anything for me.

I really hope it flies under the radar and doesnt become the new Aqua di Gio, "fingers crossed"..So far, Im lovin' it.

Thumbs down Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

The new Chanel men's fragrance is yet ANOTHER grapefruit concoction ....Chanel has ruined ALL of their fragrances with its reformulations starting with my absolute desert island fragrance Chanel for Men....the current Chanel formulation pales in comparison to the original....I'm told in France though they still sell the original Chanel for Men cologne unchanged although the Chanel website does not show that....
    Last edited by TWB; 15th September 2010 at 03:00 AM.

i have two bottles of my signature scent le male, one which hasnt been unboxed from nordstroms. i was thinking of taking one back and exchanging it for one of the allures, or maybe even bleu de chanel. theres just something i like about this fragrance, and i usually dont really like fragrances of this type.

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    Yeah, I won't buy it till I use it all up...
    Well, thats cool then. I've had a few bottles that I felt were "best scent ever".....until a few months later when I was bothered by a note or accord in the scent. Or, my tastes change. Plus, there are some other good designer releases out there to explore.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

Well, thats cool then. I've had a few bottles that I felt were "best scent ever".....until a few months later when I was bothered by a note or accord in the scent. Or, my tastes change. Plus, there are some other good designer releases out there to explore.
    Exactly. Almost every one of my "almost holy grails" turns into a half bottle of something I like or love but no longer fawn over. I'll be happy when that happens to Bleu and I can move on. A second bottle would be way premature. Although I am now down almost a centimeter!

I hear you. Yeah, I'm not praising it to be the best thing ever. Might of came out that way, but no. I got other scents in my collection that I like better.
    I'm always looking into different scents.

Interesting
    I have yet to try this, as always people seem to have mixed reviews about this one
    I will have to stop by nordstorms one day to check it out
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I personally think this fragrance is nothing special at all. I smelled it right after it came out and still after trying it about 6 times there is nothing worth buying in this fragrance in my opionion. Maybe if you dont have any fresh scents at all but other than that its average at best in my book and I'm not even the most anal person when it comes to scents. Its the worst out of the Chanels's that I have experienced so far. A fragrance that has nothing special about it will never get purchased by me.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    I personally think this fragrance is nothing special at all. I smelled it right after it came out and still after trying it about 6 times there is nothing worth buying in this fragrance in my opionion. Maybe if you dont have any fresh scents at all but other than that its average at best in my book and I'm not even the most anal person when it comes to scents. Its the worst out of the Chanels's that I have experienced so far. A fragrance that has nothing special about it will never get purchased by me.
    ^ Everything he said... Except I'd only tried it 3 times.

Saw an actual TV ad for this fragrance! They seem rare these days.

fountain

chanel bleeeugh, more like, sorry guys.

I already have smelled Bleu de Chanel by Chanel,and for me its smells like Acqua Di Gio,and I dont like this,because I like strong scents,but this one is not strong

am tempt to buying it, perhaps i should just go to Macy's and spray some. have read good and more bad things about it.. am curious.

Might not like it, give it a try first. You might hate it like lots of people here.
    It's not for everyone. I like it.

I was dining at a sidewalk restaurant in SoHo NYC last night where I suddenly detected the scent of Bleu de Chanel on another diner. I have to say it smelled really good. I'm liking this one more and more. It grows on you. Glad I bought a bottle.

I bought a bottle of this today. I don't know why. It's decent smelling, but to me not very distinct. I wore it to work and it seems a bit shortlived. It's a bit jumbled and I can't even remember what it smells like.

Still, sometimes I go out of my way to buy scents that are considered critical duds-- often, the more I wear them, the more I begin to see subtle facets that I become partial to. One of the reasons this scent sounded appealing to me is that maybe 15 years ago, there was a big wave of "blue" scents (not synonymous with "aquatic" scents)-- a lot of these scents were kind of cheap ( I recall a drugstore scent called "Actif Blue"), but they were kind of intriguing as well. The main problem was that most of the scents from this "movement" were just cheaply made.

I liked the idea of one of these "blue" scents being made by a quality house like Chanel. I just reapplied some Bleu de Chanel so I could review it and it does remind me of a better made cousin to some of these early nineties scents-- again, BLUE scents yet NOT aquatics. I suppose it does smell very blue-- I get a cleaner, darker streak of Platinum Egoiste running through it in places along with a touch of hot isobutyl quinline leather/labdanum of Chanel's classic Antaeus. Still, as a composition it still seems a bit jumbled to me. I think this one will take some time to understand. It just smells so indistinct that it's really hard to get a handle on it.

The bottle is nice and the magnetic cap is really cool. I just hope the scent reveals more as time goes on...

BORING, UNORIGINAL, WEAK. it's amazing to me that this house also created Sycomore.

Sniffed it again today. I just can buy into it's philosophy.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

You know, I'm starting to think that this is endemic of the perfume industry being a reflection of what these designer houses do best: fashion. Fashion is about trends, setting them and following them. There was the trend for acquatic, vanilla, oud, citrus, and maybe tomorrow it would be... spices?

Finally tried Chanel Bleu. They could have called it grey too or another flat color. This one is the reflection of bad fashion, about not adding anything new to a trend. It`s just another average product, that if you changed bottle and brand you wouldn`t notice it was from Chanel. It`s like Chanel copied who was copying themselves - my first impression of the smell was "This is Lalique Le Faune improved". But Lalique Le Faune is already a simpler version of Allure, with a more syntethic cheap citrus up top and a simpler vanilla base. Chanel Bleu is like they stirred Ysl L'homme with Allure with Lalique Le Faune with a simplyfied and toned down base of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. Of course people will like it, they have already smelled all the notes in this one before. It`s a shame that Chanel did something like this, and the inspiration of a shaved executive comming from the airpoirt, as Polge quoted in one of his interviews, is clear here, the fragrance is as boring as the inspiration sounds. Chanel Bleu makes me blue about Chanel recent launches

I finally tried it too and I was very unimpressed. Very mainstream. That's too bad.

Is there a consensus of what other fragrance this smells like. I see some saying Fierce, Some Acqua Di Gio, It smelled like Versace Man Eau Fraiche and Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction to me. Obviously, it is a familiar scent just wondering what scent it most reminds everyone of?

I don't really think it smells like any of those, although I've never smelt Fierce.

I'm not surprised by all the bad reactions to this fragrance. On my skin, after allowing it to bloom a bit, I particularly disagree that it is generic, boring or uninspired. On a blotter, it did nothing for me, but I personally think that this one does a good job at courting the mainstream while staying true to Chanel's sophisticated roots, and those are two tough poles to straddle. I think that Chanel has a lot invested in its "Les Exclusifs" line and they had to do what they could to have a new hit, and this one looks like it's going to be that for them. I don't fault them at all for this, nor do I think that the reactions to this one as being poorly constructed or ill conceived are quite fair. I do believe that unless Chanel came up with a new Egoist, they were destined to be panned by many perfume lovers. Judging the fragrance on its own merits rather than some sort of expectation as to what the fragrance could have or should have been, I find it to be anything but bland, or boring. I also disagree that it should be classified as an "aquatic" per se. It is more of a modern juxtaposition of a fougere and an oriental. I also disagree with the comparisons to Allure. To my nose they are completely different compositions.

Blog Entries

^ Agreed with much of what you say. I think Bleu was a very crafty creation - Chanel's spray-painted tag on Mainstream Avenue saying "We own this block." Not only is it very satisfying in a mainstream way - there is enough complexity and artful construction to make it appealing to those who are willing to look for the good stuff.

I can't stop wearing it - I simply enjoy it too much. I wear my "good" scents every few days, but Bleu is setting the standard of desirability right now. Chanel has raised the bar on mainstream scents, IMO, and deserve more than just catcalls and whistles. Yes, I've made a few jokes and jabs myself, but Chanel has the last laugh, as I've used over 1/8 of my big bottle in just a few weeks. Going by that measure, it has made it into my top five already.

I agree that it isn't an aquatic - though it has a nice aquatic note that I get every once in a while. There definitely is some resemblance to Polo Double Black - another powdery (no offense, Bigsly) fougère. But I don't experience it as a standard fougère, even though I get a nice strong fougère-like note similar to the one in Platinum Egoiste. I definitely enjoy the fresh notes. But the most surprisingly enjoyable thing about it is the variety of subtle notes that pop out unexpectedly during the day. The nice longevity really works well with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Is there a consensus of what other fragrance this smells like. I see some saying Fierce, Some Acqua Di Gio, It smelled like Versace Man Eau Fraiche and Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction to me. Obviously, it is a familiar scent just wondering what scent it most reminds everyone of?
    Smells like that Axe Body spray that my Super loves to douse himself with.

I agree with those who say it's actually fairly complex and, in its own way, original. In that regard I think it shares something with Givenchy Play, which is also classy and casual and has more going on that a first sniff would indicate (I think Descarte's review in the directory hits the nail on the head for Play). Sadly, I've still found the cedar note in the drydown (a large dose of ambroxan, perhaps?) to be slightly scratchy and irritating, and that's been the primary thing preventing my enjoyment of this fragrance, which I should enjoy more than I do as I find it has a number of similarities with one of my faves, Reflection.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    ^ Agreed with much of what you say. I think Bleu was a very crafty creation - Chanel's spray-painted tag on Mainstream Avenue saying "We own this block." Not only is it very satisfying in a mainstream way - there is enough complexity and artful construction to make it appealing to those who are willing to look for the good stuff.

I can't stop wearing it - I simply enjoy it too much. I wear my "good" scents every few days, but Bleu is setting the standard of desirability right now. Chanel has raised the bar on mainstream scents, IMO, and deserve more than just catcalls and whistles. Yes, I've made a few jokes and jabs myself, but Chanel has the last laugh, as I've used over 1/8 of my big bottle in just a few weeks. Going by that measure, it has made it into my top five already.

I agree that it isn't an aquatic - though it has a nice aquatic note that I get every once in a while. There definitely is some resemblance to Polo Double Black - another powdery (no offense, Bigsly) fougère. But I don't experience it as a standard fougère, even though I get a nice strong fougère-like note similar to the one in Platinum Egoiste. I definitely enjoy the fresh notes. But the most surprisingly enjoyable thing about it is the variety of subtle notes that pop out unexpectedly during the day. The nice longevity really works well with that.
    I completely agree. I actually can't stop wearing it. Even when I decide to wear something else, half way through the day I find myself wishing I had worn Bleu instead. Hehe. I think it's really rather beautiful in its own way and I get a lot of compliments from it too.

I agree with what many have said. I picked this up a few weeks back. I had sprayed it on and liked it while shopping so I figured it was a good idea to pick it up. I wasnt thrilled with it but for some reason I go for it often. I dont know if thats because its the new bottle on the shelf or not. I have to admit its been more of a daytime work scent though. I have not used it when going out.

I also dont get much longevity on this one. Maybe 4-5 hours tops. I know everyones skin is very different but I wish it would last longer. The rest of the Chanel line seems to last a full work day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyray24 View Post
    I also dont get much longevity on this one. Maybe 4-5 hours tops. I know everyones skin is very different but I wish it would last longer. The rest of the Chanel line seems to last a full work day for me.
    Hmm. That's interesting. I often have problems with longevity of my fragrances, but with Bleu I can smell it for a very, very long time. It eventually becomes a skin scent after about 4 hours on me, but I can still smell it for at least another 4-5 hours after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Hmm. That's interesting. I often have problems with longevity of my fragrances, but with Bleu I can smell it for a very, very long time. It eventually becomes a skin scent after about 4 hours on me, but I can still smell it for at least another 4-5 hours after that.
    It could be due to the amount I am applying also. So far I have applied lightly at about 3 sprays. It could be fading and there is so little on me that I dont notice it.

I finaly tried Bleu de Chanel today. It is everything that I expected after reading this thread and not in a bad way.
    To me it is modern, mainstream, very versatile fragrance of high quality materials aimed toward people that use just 1 fragrance (read everyone but basenoters).
    It is bit fresh, bit spicy, bit woody, bit sweet and masculine. It has clearly Allure series + Platinum Egoiste DNA. It is not anything ground breaking but very well done and it might be my first Chanel purchase. I can see anyone 20+ wear it anywhere and anytime. This is Black Code of Chanel house.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Hooray! Another admirer of Bleu.

tried it today... I think all the haters simply didn't wait for the dry down! Yes, it smells mainstream and it smells like something we're familiar with and we smelled before but at the same time I think it's different and I LIKE it! I keep getting whiffs of it after hours and hours of wearing, and I keep asking myself where is that good smell coming from?! Yes it starts sweet and weird but the dry down is amazing!
    Try it on your skin not on paper and wait for the drydown stage before judging

Exactly! It seems to linger for hours and hours and I get lovely wafts of this lovely smell every now and again!

I sprayed it just once on my wrist and I could smell it only for about 5 hours so longevity is average on my skin. I like that drydown has just right amount of sweetness to keep it interesting for me (less than Allure Home Sport that was too sweet for me when I tried it during heat, and more natural than synthetic sweetness in Edition Blanche). Overall its similiar to Versace PH that I tried previous week but more sweet in basenotes and also while Versace PH went ADG way during later stage, Bleu goes its own way that crosses path with Allure Sport and Platinum Egoiste. Versace on other side was bit louder (on border with being cloying on topnotes), also had better longetivity on my skin.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Was in Sephora checking out things and the lady asked me did I want her to make me any samples and I said well I'd like to try the Chanel Bleu. I've only smelled it on a card and to me it was like Versace Man Eau Fraiche but when I got to spray it on my skin it was nothing like that. It sprayed fresh and first but then it turned sweet and started to smell like Allure Sport but with more Citrus (Edition Blanche) so this is were the people are getting the Allure Blanche similarities. I also got a compliment on it from a very gorgous lady (mid 20s) who said you smell really go what are you wearing? All in all once trying it on skin this is definatly a take on the Allure series and this took me the same way Allure Sport (and VPH) did once I wore it on skin it was much better. Very Nice.

I've owned this for about a month and I rarely reach for it. I sniff the cap and then put it aside. I need to wear it a few more times before I pass it on through sale or swap. It just did not impress me the three or so times I have worn it.

I do think this is great, as mentioned multiple times, but I don't get the connection to Edition Blanche. EB is a lemon bomb that is overwhelming on me. I can't stand it. I think Bleu is much more complex and the citrus is just one small facet.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Finally chiming in on this one - I found it rather scratchy and rough, both on paper and on skin.

I think it may sensitivity to a certain (woody) aromachemical in it, because I know Chanel wouldn't skimp on materials, bland though the concept may be. As others have said, I don't hold the blandness against it. Chanel is entitled to make something with mass appeal. But the fact is, something in this stuff just irritates me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

idk. there was just something about it. first of all, a couple of months ago when this was JUST released, like the day of, i didnt think about it to much because i dont usually like fragrance that have to do with BLUE because im not too much of an aquatic, fresh, citrus, watever u call it fan. but for some reason, i kept reaching for the scent strip out of my piles of scent strips and i kept smelling it. i couldnt stop. it was very appealing to me. then now a couple weeks ago when i was at nordstroms smelling fragrance with my friend, for some reason bleu kept drawing me back in and i kept smelling it. it was just appealing to me.

yep picked it up tonight. i really really like something about this fragrance. its the most versatile scent i own. i dont know a single occasion where wearing this fragrance would be inappropriate. school, office, date, night out, summer, spring, fall, winter, ANYTHING. and i think the overall scent is extremely appealing. especially deeper into it when it becomes more masculine. and i can tell u, girls LOVE this. i think the only reason it gets hated on is because it doesnt smell risky. being the young man that i am, as long as im smelling good and sophisticated, i dont need to smell risky.

Yes, similar after the top wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    yep picked it up tonight. i really really like something about this fragrance. its the most versatile scent i own. i dont know a single occasion where wearing this fragrance would be inappropriate. school, office, date, night out, summer, spring, fall, winter, ANYTHING. and i think the overall scent is extremely appealing. especially deeper into it when it becomes more masculine. and i can tell u, girls LOVE this. i think the only reason it gets hated on is because it doesnt smell risky. being the young man that i am, as long as im smelling good and sophisticated, i dont need to smell risky.
    I completely agree. "Risky" scents are great and we all like to wear them from time to time, but it doesn't have to be like that ALL the time surely. Sometimes I just love to wear a conventional, but wonderfully elegant and high quality fragrance. And as you say, Bleu is incredibly versatile. It ticks so many boxes for me. Yeah, it's not for everyone obviously, but personally I love it and the feedback I've had on it has been excellent.