Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

I tried this today. At first it's really generic, but after a couple of hours it gets sweet. Definitely a grower. It goes from KC Black to a more amped up SF Subtil. I like it.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Where can one try this? Macys? Nordstroms? Saks?

I was in the Nieman Marcus in Charlotte when I tried it. You will have to probably ask for it, they have a tester and are taking pre-orders.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I was in the Nieman Marcus in Charlotte when I tried it. You will have to probably ask for it, they have a tester and are taking pre-orders.
    It was the exact same story at Saks. Very low-key, one tester, taking pre-orders. I agree with Chuck - it's a grower. The drydown is really quite good for me. Not as novel as Blanche, but more complex overall, and rather enjoyable. I'm tempted. Not quite there, but tempted...

Macy's had a tester today. They are taking pre-orders.

They had about 100 bottles sitting around Bloomingdales earlier this week.

Sampled it twice now... and it's not for me. It starts out sticky sweet, then dries down into... more sticky sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlnd View Post
    Sampled it twice now... and it's not for me. It starts out sticky sweet, then dries down into... more sticky sweet.
    Ought to be a bestseller, then.

I don't care if they release a moneyspinner every now and again so long as they stop messing with their classics.

Tried this today from a tester at Nordstrom's. Pretty cool bottle, with a nifty magnetic cap sorta thing. As for the juice, I felt it was fine. Definitely not bad, in fact good. I didn't get the sweet stickiness that others mentioned. But while good, I don't think it was that different than a dozen other masculine, fresh, acqua di whatevers sitting on the shelves at Nordies.

Then came trouble. My wife catches a whiff and says "Now that smells masculine, I like it."

She usually says I smell like fox pee or sawdust. I generally say thanks.

how is the longevity on this? is it as good as allure? i get about 8 hours with allure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    Then came trouble. My wife catches a whiff and says "Now that smells masculine, I like it."
    I swear they must have used an all-female, uber-mainstream focus group for this stuff. I can see the interviews now...

"I'm surprised you didn't want my husband's opinion. But, whatever..."

"Have you ever heard the term 'base note'?"

"Um, yes. I think."

"That's all. Thank you for your time."

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    how is the longevity on this? is it as good as allure? i get about 8 hours with allure.
    My guess is at least as good. It's better than Blanche on my skin, and on paper.

I tested this on my skin today at my local Macy's and have decided that I won't be buying it either.

I think I'm gonna buy it just to spite all of you...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I think I'm gonna buy it just to spite all of you...
    LOL

I'm thinking I may bring my wife to the counter, zap her with those "buy me" top notes, and let her pay for it. Ah, the romance of Chanel!

(sorry - I'm in a devilish mood, too!)

I'm intrigued. . . looks like a trip to Macy's tomorrow. . .

Talking Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

hey great news for Aussies, Chanel is launching exclusively in Australia 1st September 2010. The Chanel girl said we are the first in the world to receive Bleu! Wow

The first will be Russians. As usual for Chanel.

Bleu de Chanel has already been available in stores for a short while here in the Netherlands. The official launch date is August 1 afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by asssif View Post
    hey great news for Aussies, Chanel is launching exclusively in Australia 1st September 2010. The Chanel girl said we are the first in the world to receive Bleu! Wow
    This is incorrect. It will be instore tomorrow, August 1st. I saw them setting up today.

I tried Bleu today at Nordstrom. I was on my way to another counter and saw the tester. On my way back I asked the SA if I could have a sample. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: May I have a sample of Bleu
    SA: What is that?
    Me: The new man's cologne. The tester is at the end of the counter.
    SA: Oh, I did not know we had that
    Me: Yes, it is new
    SA: You know, it is for men (as I was spraying from the tester)
    Me: I know
    SA: Then why do you want a sample?
    Me: Errr, ahm, well I want to try it on my husband

It was funny, you had to be there

About the fragrance: I am speaking from memory, but I found the opening notes similar to Edition Blanche. I think I like it better than Edition Blanche. I can see that this is going to be a similar case as Allure Homme. Women will like it better than men.

Although it is not innovative, I can tell that the ingredients are better than the ingredients for most perfumes found at the mall

I don't mind Chanel issuing this, as long as they keep producing the Exclusifs
    Evenstar

Smile Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    This is incorrect. It will be instore tomorrow, August 1st. I saw them setting up today.
    OMG I'm such a tool. I meant to say August 1st. Hey thanks for correcting me. I have Bleu in my hot little hands as we speak. Just bought it today. very heavy bottle though.

I tried it today. To me, this is a scent I would like to wear with a suit. It smells kind of sporty to me, because of the citrus and floral notes in it, however the drydown served to present a darker side which I did not expect, must be due to the incense and sandalwood. Quite sweet at the end as well. Something I would therefore wear to a night event with a tie. So at least there is a progression. The sillage and projection to me is satisfactory.

That said, for me, I wouldn't invest in it yet because I believe this is too much of a cookie-cutter fragrance. It's kind of like "Been there done that, but I'm still gonna do it anyway, hope it sells." I won't think it will score too many points for ground-breaking, innovative. However, with most fragrances crafted by the Chanel house, it is definitely worth a try.

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel. I thought this reviewer's opinion of it was rather true...It sells, it will sell.

"There are hundreds perfumes like this on the market but only one is called Chanel and has the double C logo." - Octavian Coifan

Summary: First impression upon spraying, sport. Impression after the drydown, darker. Pleasant, but nothing too special.

Tried it one more time yesterday and it is just a mess to my nose. Really amazed that this is Chanel.

Tested it yesterday at Dillards...It brought VERY strong thoughts of "I have smelled this before." After a couple of hours I figured out what scent I feel it has the strong associations with, Perry Ellis Portfolio.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Me: May I have a sample of Bleu
    SA: What is that?
    Me: The new man's cologne. The tester is at the end of the counter.
    SA: Oh, I did not know we had that
    Me: Yes, it is new
    SA: You know, it is for men (as I was spraying from the tester)
    Me: I know
    SA: Then why do you want a sample?
    Me: Errr, ahm, well I want to try it on my husband
    I went to a different store (no names), and it was the same deal, except this time the SA didn't even know the tester was there (the other one had put it out). No boxes on hand - just pre-orders.

I hit my wife with the multiple unmarked card test, and she picks Bleu over anything from the Allure family every time. They should put a tester and a display of Bleu Stud Boy on the women's counter. It would sell like hotcakes as a gift for men.

I'm starting to see why the talking points are to relate it to Platinum Egoiste. The aromatic notes set against the classic Chanel powdery ditrus are basically a modernization of the fougère accord in PE. It's a bit softer and more current. PE is fast dropping out of the mainstream IMO - I think this is a valid corporate response by that reasoning. Never intended as a replacement for Antaeus, we shouldn't expect it in Bleu. OTOH, I look forward to something with more wow in the future, be it in their main line, or the Exclusifs.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Tested it yesterday at Dillards...It brought VERY strong thoughts of "I have smelled this before." After a couple of hours I figured out what scent I feel it has the strong associations with, Perry Ellis Portfolio.
    The SA at Nordstrom said "This smells like a couple of other fragrances we sell".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I was in Saks yesterday and they didn't have this yet. It sounds just awful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    LOL

Just read the reviews of that one. Slarty's cuts to the chase, as always! And it's cut-and-paste to Bleu.

I loved this one...

"Reminds me a lot of CK Crave, but more pleasing."

I'll agree with THAT. At least, the last part!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The SA at Nordstrom said "This smells like a couple of other fragrances we sell".
    LMAO

I would have begun silently counting off the caps of the Allure flankers with my index finger. At which point she would say...

"OK. Maybe more than just a couple."

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LMAO

I would have begun silently counting off the caps of the Allure flankers with my index finger. At which point she would say...

"OK. Maybe more than just a couple."
    I was quite tempted to say "Just throw a dart at the wall".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I was in Saks yesterday and they didn't have this yet. It sounds just awful.
    Awful is a bit strong. I would say that, in the fragrance universe, it's the mild recoil from the bullseye of Eau Première. The ordinariness which is the necessary matrix of genius. Many will wear this and smell good. A few will wear other things and smell great.