Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    what makes it best cologne on the planet? what makes it unique? I can name 3-4 colognes easily that smell just like Bleu and their price tag is several times lower. Bleu is a safe, innofensive but somewhat pleasant scent, a pure example how far the synthetics can go nowdays. But it sells well, actually same trick is played in Gucci Guilty for Men.
    Which frags smells just like Bleu ?
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

My wife surprised me with this on Friday and I must say that I really like it. I didnt think that I would after reading reviews on here and on Fragrantica. It is def one of my favorites right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Which frags smells just like Bleu ?
    Maybe "just like" wasnt a proper aproach. But you can get a similar vibe from Pierre Cardin Revelation or Adidas in orange colour (forgot name) or original Lagerfeld.

On a lower scale, at certain stages there are some similarities even with D&G light blue or Azzaro Chrome Legend.

Dont get me wrong, i find Bleu a pleasant scent and clean. But it brings nothing new or extraordinary to the world of fragrances to be considered the best cologne in the world (the statement a few msgs above). As pleasant and clean i find it, i will never pay the pricetag asked for it; if price was around 40-45 euros, maybe i could be persuaded to buy it. Over this, i dont consider it price worthy. But thats only me.

There may be some similarities with say, D&G Light Blue or Chrome Legend, but that's like saying The Dreamer has some similarities with Salvador Dali PH because they both feature clary sage.

I haven't smelled Revelation or the others you mentioned in the first paragraph, but I can honestly say I've not smelled anything like Bleu before. It's a hybrid fougere/chypre (note the oakmoss in the base - er.. well, if you have the packaging handy. It's not listed as a note but it's listed in the ingredients and it's pretty easy to pick out if you've ever smelled real oakmoss) with a dark aquatic element.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Tested Bdc on paper over the weekend. Prefer it over allure homme sport which smells like a household cleaner and activates my sinuses.
    The opening of Bdc is definitely smoother and calmer. Ahs on the other hand, opens sharp and pungent.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Not sure if this was already posted, but there's now a shower gel and after-shave balm(as opposed to the lotion) for Bleu! I just bought the shower gel here in Dublin and they were already out of the after-shave balm, but the SA gave me two samples of it.
    The balm is great. Soft for the skin and it projects nicely for an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    Maybe "just like" wasnt a proper aproach. But you can get a similar vibe from Pierre Cardin Revelation or Adidas in orange colour (forgot name) or original Lagerfeld.

On a lower scale, at certain stages there are some similarities even with D&G light blue or Azzaro Chrome Legend.

Dont get me wrong, i find Bleu a pleasant scent and clean. But it brings nothing new or extraordinary to the world of fragrances to be considered the best cologne in the world (the statement a few msgs above). As pleasant and clean i find it, i will never pay the pricetag asked for it; if price was around 40-45 euros, maybe i could be persuaded to buy it. Over this, i dont consider it price worthy. But thats only me.
    I guess to each his own also applies here YMMV.......

I own both 150 ml Chanel Bleu EDT and 125 ml original Lagerfeld Classic (both the new and old version) and use both on a regular basis, maybe each once a month or so.

To say lagerfeld Classic has ANYTHING AT ALL REMOTELY to do scent wise with Chanel Bleu is like telling me a red Ferrari looks a little bit like a white Rolls Royce.
    These two frags have nothing in common - I have been using Lagerfeld for years, both the old formulation and new reformulated version and I'm on my 2.nd bottle of Chanel Bleu 150 ml EDT.

If you told me a frag like Armanin Code was a little bit like Chanel Bleu, I would have nodded and thought - they share some dusty lemon vibes, but that's pretty much it. But Lagerfeld Classic and Chanel Bleu - to my nose - have nothing at all in common.

Pierre Cardin Revelation - almost the same. Have nothing in common with Chanel Bleu. I use Revelation in EDT from time to time and also in deo spray (for fitness) and it does have a little bit in common with Bleu, but honestly not more than for instance Polo Blue has........in fact Polo Blue to my nose is closer to Bleu than Pierre Cardin Revelation is, and Polo Blue is not that close at all
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Someone wrote Chanel ''Blew'' It I totally agree.
    "You can look at a picture for a week an never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life." Joan Miro

Is it "classy" enough for formal occasions?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Is it "classy" enough for formal occasions?
    You could make it work, but most of us here on BN would recommend many other fragrances over Bleu de Chanel for formal wear.

Incidentally, I still love it. A very good, versatile scent. Gets better with repeated wearings.

wooow.. soon we will see post number 1000, i just think i must try Bleu this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    wooow.. soon we will see post number 1000, i just think i must try Bleu this weekend!!
    +1 !

Aah it's ok. But Chanel has Sycomore, Pour Monsieur, Egoiste, and Antaeus...compared to those masculine titans it's just another mainstream fragrance.

Do you think it's worth buying for my BF? The guy on the ad is hot... Wish my BF was like him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mymy View Post
    Do you think it's worth buying for my BF? The guy on the ad is hot... Wish my BF was like him!
    Yes

I love the scent. Just wish that I could get my hands on the refillable travel set...
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread - AGAIN
    I still need a Creed Original Vetiver 120ml cap...

Quote Originally Posted by Mymy View Post
    I don't know why, but this is just funny to me

lol yeah i know

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    You could make it work, but most of us here on BN would recommend many other fragrances over Bleu de Chanel for formal wear.

Incidentally, I still love it. A very good, versatile scent. Gets better with repeated wearings.
    Yeah, I'm still getting some surprises in it, including the vetiver notes I missed before. I find myself avoiding it so that I can test the stuff I need to test and review, but down underneath, I'm still nutso for Bleu and want to wear it half the time.

I'm also starting to accidentally spell "blue" as "bleu" at work. ANNOYING AS HELL.

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel

I don't find Bleu boring or generic at all, especially for an aquatic scent. That said, this is definitely a fragrance that needs to be sprayed on the skin to enjoy. I did not like the smell inside the bottle or on the test paper at Nordstrom. Once applied to my skin though, I instantly feel for this frag..It flashes images of a cold beachy feel in the early fall when the weather starts to drop to the mid-60s and skies are grey. I'm wearing it today in the 100 degree heat (about 80 in my office) and the transitions of notes are really apparent throughout the day. After about 2 hours the musky/woody notes were magnificent. One negative, after about 8 hours Bleu does smell a bit on the synthetic side.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I don't find Bleu boring or generic at all, especially for an aquatic scent. That said, this is definitely a fragrance that needs to be sprayed on the skin to enjoy. I did not like the smell inside the bottle or on the test paper at Nordstrom. Once applied to my skin though, I instantly feel for this frag..It flashes images of a cold beachy feel in the early fall when the weather starts to drop to the mid-60s and skies are grey. I'm wearing it today in the 100 degree heat (about 80 in my office) and the transitions of notes are really apparent throughout the day. After about 2 hours the musky/woody notes were magnificent. One negative, after about 8 hours Bleu does smell a bit on the synthetic side.
    I agree that it must be tested on the skin, not just on paper. It's my hidden gem of today as i hadn't tried it until today. Only "bad thing" i can think of is its popularity..... would like to use more individual scents. But just can't resist this one it smells so d*mn good on me!
    For sale (Worldwide): Dark Aoud, Jazz Prestige, Ungaro I Edt + Aftershave, Versace L'Homme Vintage etc.

"Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Really? All of the men's scents are worth owning it the best is Egoiste

Das "Bl de Chanel" for those of you who understand German.

btt I've smelled Coromandel and its awesome but unfortunately its a women fragrance.

I really loved Bleu. However, every time I compare it to sport and allure, I usually get drawn to allure. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry, but it smells perfect.

It's a pretty nice scent. I think most of the detractors are critical because it's 'too safe' or doesn't stand up against the Chanel classics, both of which I agree with, to a degree. On its own, it's not a bad frag at all, and the unwashed masses seem to love it nearly universally. Plus it's one of the most versatile frags out there, so I would recommend at least giving it a sniff.

Platinum Egoiste with its clean, masculine, sexy scent is the only Chanel fragrance I can recommend for a man.

I can't imagine any young man wearing the powdery rose and vanilla bomb that is Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree.

Basenotes Junkie

I mostly wear Bleu de Chanel to please the world. It's not that I find it bad in any way, I just get olfactory fatigue from it pretty quickly, it seems.

But oh god does the world love this fragrance. I get a constant reminder about how good it is based on everyone around me. It's just so pleasant, good-smelling and manly. Women LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I don't find Bleu boring or generic at all, especially for an aquatic scent.
    Bleu de Chanel isn't an aquatic.

I am trying to appreciate this scent..I liked it at first, then the dry down seemed like a watered down Coco to me. I am testing it again....why do I get a really strong Coco vibe? Or even a Coco M. vibe...I just would want something different. Actually, it really reminds me of Coco M. EDT, just spicier.
    Last edited by kalli; 26th July 2012 at 08:51 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    Das "Bl de Chanel" for those of you who understand German.

btt I've smelled Coromandel and its awesome but unfortunately its a women fragrance.
    Coromandel is unisex and many (including myself) say it's even better on a guy.
    It's my most worn fragrance of the past year. And nobody told me that I smelled feminine.
    It's a huge compliment getter. If you love it, wear it.

I love Bleu, very unique scent on my skin. You must test outside of paper strips and bottle sniffing. This frag lasts forever on my skin too and has a very unique dry-down for an aquatic.

Bleu de Chanel is one of my guilty pleasures. It was love at first sniff.

It doesn't smell very manly to me as it's very fruity/citrusy, but I still love to wear it. I've gotten complements with it so it's a keeper.

I can definitely smell the pink pepper on the dry down. It also projects really well and has good longevity.

Blog Entries

I like Bleu de Chanel -- it is fresh, inoffensive, and easy to wear.

Blog Entries

Nice to see some Bleu lovers coming out of the woodworks!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Please try Egoiste, Antaeus (older and more challenging to wear) and my fave mainstream Chanel, Allure homme.

I don't care much for Bleu de chanel...it has too many of the sporty citrus-ginger components in it.

Do a test: spray Bleu and Dior Homme Sport side by side on skin and the generic citrus-spice combo will glaringly stare back from Bleu at you.
    I absolutely love bleu de chanel and I absolutely loath Dior Homme Sport.

Finally bought a bottle- its well made seamless and high quality fragrance.
    Not unique? Yes, it's not. Smells cheap? No, it's not.
    I think it's one of those scents which helps you forget about what are you wearing and concentrate on what are you doing

Never tried it. I've got nothing against divisive scents, but when I read 'boring' I tune out. Conversely, if I read 'too edgy, smells like b.o.' yada yada, that tends to pique my interest.

In addition to what others have said I'd suggest Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport (damn the name confusion, someone should seriously get kicked in the nutz for this! jk never kick anyone in the nutz, mkay?) if you're interested in checking out a good citrus/sweet hay scent.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

I bought a bottle last week, absolutely love it and so do the people around me. Whether it is generic or not, who cares.

I adore the shower gel. It's actually better than the fragrance itself for me!

How do people with dry skin find this fragrance for longevity? Allure sport lasts a good 8 hours on my skin so wondering if this performs similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp View Post
    How do people with dry skin find this fragrance for longevity? Allure sport lasts a good 8 hours on my skin so wondering if this performs similarly.
    I don't get huge longevity on my skin. Maybe 4-6 hours. On certain clothing it lasts for days though!

Quote Originally Posted by gsp View Post
    8 hrs plus easily with bdc on my skin
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    8 hrs plus easily with bdc on my skin
    Same here. It lasted until the evening when I wore it last Friday (4 sprays -- 2 chests, 1 on the front of neck, 1 on the nape/back area).

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I love the scent. Just wish that I could get my hands on the refillable travel set...
    Actually, how do you refill it? I mean, does it actually come apart?
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Bergamote 22/Verdon Au Toilette.

sorry but I think this bleu, just like the iphone5, nothing new or special, pricy, and people buy like crazy.

A great scent!
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 12th February 2014 at 11:14 AM.

A bit of a disappointment on me.

Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    Actually, how do you refill it? I mean, does it actually come apart?
    I have this. You just screw on the refill bottle. It comes with 2 spare 20ml bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by elmalo View Post
    I absolutely love bleu de chanel and I absolutely loath Dior Homme Sport.
    You and me both. Dior Homme Sport is absolutely horrendous to me. Ick!

Nevermind

Late to the party but only mange to try it today. And don't like it, reminds me of Dior Homme Sport. Its also got the lemon cleaner vibe to it. Almost blind bought this, glad I didn't.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

I started to say "Holy mother of all thread revivals!!!".....but apparently, this one has a bit of the Energizer bunny in it, and just keeps going, and going.....

For some reason I can't stand the scent and I am an idiot who did a blind buy. As much as I hate it, this fragrance gets me the most compliments. Go figure.

It's interesting to go back and read through this old thread!

I wore BdC as my SOTD, and I got nothing but compliments! I think it's a great fragrance!