Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

This is the new Chanel fragrance marketed towards men discussed earlier here. The name is taken from the Chanel fragrance of the 1930s, Le Bleu de Chanel. August 19th is the release date.

Bleu de Chanel is a woody aromatic by Chanelís house perfume Jacques Polge.

Notes: pink peppercorn, citrus, peppermint, nutmeg, vetiver, grapefruit, cedar, labdanum, jasmine, incense, patchouli, ginger and sandalwood.

more info here:
    http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/05/24...new-fragrance/

It's hard to have any expectations based on the notes!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

I just hope they release it international,
    and easily avalible ... not more exclusive
    stuff from that house in a while, please!

This is good news.....I hope!!!
    Gary

This is wide release, not exclusive.

Looking forward to it.

Would BLEU become the new Black?
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I just hope they release it international,
    and easily avalible ... not more exclusive
    stuff from that house in a while, please!

If this is the same fragrance I was talking to a Chanel Rep earlier this year about, then yes, it will be an international release.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Blog Entries

discovolante; Perhaps they will hava a flanker called Black & Bleu, in part for what it does to your wallet. (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Would BLEU become the new Black?
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 24th May 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Sur la Plage

Part of me is looking forward to this, and the other part is dreading that it is going to be another "focus group fragrance".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Part of me is looking forward to this, and the other part is dreading that it is going to be another "focus group fragrance".
    I hear you on that. But I'm leaning hopeful. If it was Allure Homme …dition Bleu - yeah, focus group and gag me with a stack of testers. But they seem to have gotten the obvious point that there are about 3 Allure flankers too many. Maybe that kind of thinking extends to the fragrance as well.

I want to believe that they let Polge's genius totally off the leash on this one. I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I hear you on that. But I'm leaning hopeful. If it was Allure Homme …dition Bleu - yeah, focus group and gag me with a stack of testers. But they seem to have gotten the obvious point that there are about 3 Allure flankers too many. Maybe that kind of thinking extends to the fragrance as well.

I want to believe that they let Polge's genius totally off the leash on this one. I WANT TO BELIEVE!
    Hopefully more than the name is taken from the 1930's fragrance, and that they took the success of Sycomore very seriously; applying the same creative process here.

Basenotes Institution

I hope it smells like bleu cheese.

note list isn't too promising.
    let's hope it's not trying to cover all bases, none well.

Excited! Even if it's still a dissapointment, it's a disspointment of Chanel quality!

I expect good cologne based just on Jacques Polge name. Whatever are the notes.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    Excited! Even if it's still a disappointment, it's a disappointment of Chanel quality!
    LMAO - and in total agreement!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    I expect good cologne based just on Jacques Polge name. Whatever are the notes.
    Exactamente!

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    note list isn't too promising.
    let's hope it's not trying to cover all bases, none well.
    Yeah, I was a little concerned about that too. I guess the hope is that they can create a novel, compelling effect using familiar accords.

But hey, this is Chanel and Sheldrake we are talking about: Why the hell not?

I'll buy it, as long as it's under $75. There are certain houses where it's an automatic for me, like a new U2 CD...

August 19 is the release date in France. I suspect it won't be released in the U.S. until later than that, as was the case with Cristalle Eau Vert. Does anyone know what the U.S. release date is?
    Last edited by NYCBoy; 25th May 2010 at 01:17 PM.

Chanel... Cordon Bleu!

This looks really interesting to me. Count me in the cautiously optimistic camp. The notes look like an odd combination, but one I'd be interested in smelling. I don't get the "focus group" vibe from this one, but we'll see.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    August 19 is the release date in France. I suspect it won't be released in the U.S. until later than that, as was the case with Cristalle Eau Vert. Does anyone know what the U.S. release date is?
    It seems to be unconfirmed at this point, but Scented Salamander reports a worldwide launch in September. [link]

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I hope it smells like bleu cheese.
    Dang it! Now I'm hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    It seems to be unconfirmed at this point, but Scented Salamander reports a worldwide launch in September. [link]
    Thank you for that link. Apparently, they believe the worldwide launch will be in August rather than September, based on the latest info. I hope it's true.

Basenotes Institution

My guess is this is going to be a very woody fragrance. Wood seems to be very popular these days in masculines and I am guessing Chanel is going to jump on the bandwagon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    my guess is this is going to be a very woody fragrance. Wood seems to be very popular these days in masculines and i am guessing chanel is going to jump on the bandwagon.
    Guess again! Octavian just posted his thoughts on Bleu saying "It smells like the entire fresh-sport masculine section with no absolutely original twist - what today is called sport." Site Link

How disappointing!
    Last edited by teger; 26th May 2010 at 10:31 PM.

^^^^ Nice!! After reading that review im happy, sounds like my type of frag

Nutmeg has become the note du jour in masculines these days. The banal list of notes doesn't give one much hope, does it?
    I just read Octavian's review, he certainly rips Chanel a new one! IMO Chanel's mainstream fragrance releases have been rather dull since their glory days of Coco, …goÔste and Antaeus.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 29th May 2010 at 04:13 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Guess again! Octavian just posted his thoughts on Bleu saying "It smells like the entire fresh-sport masculine section with no absolutely original twist - what today is called sport." Site Link

How disappointing!
    (sigh)

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I'd blame the masses' tastes in fragrances for this... and a fresh sporty release in summer is clearly marketed at the masses. I'm still interested in trying it out but at this point, the score is probably Focus Group: 1 J Polge's Artistry: 0

But I'm hoping it's still enjoyable...

Very disappointing.

But it's a great idea for Chanel to advertise fresh scent like the dark and woody one... Sure that millions of guys will buy this Bleu, and it will become the bestseller of the decade...
    Last edited by AntonPan; 27th May 2010 at 03:43 AM.

No matter what- I will have this, period.
    I love Jasmine.

After reading Octavian review I feel like it should be a best-seller, it will have a great offspring of flankers, and bring Chanel enough money to continue Les Exclusifs line!
    I`m positive man
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I am not crazy about the name just thinking for a marketing perspective. I did read some where on the internet that some one got to sample the fragrance and it was a 'light' citrus spice wood. Just reading that made me think what happened to the days of Antaeus and Egoiste?
    Last edited by scentimus; 28th May 2010 at 03:37 AM.

I hope Bleu will be as fascinating and mesmerizing as Chanel's latest feminine fragrances and Les Exclusifs!

Wait...

I do like the bottle.....I'll wait and sample before I say anything negative!!!
    Gary

Based on the bottle..............I want one

The bottle reminds of the Allure's bottle so much. But in a blue color and with a black cover.

I'll hold off judgment of the scent til I actually try it. But I do NOT like that bottle, so generic, so boring. I don't mind simple, if it's done well, this on the other hand, is just.... meh.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Gotta love a fragrance colored in a radioactive tint which doesn't exist in nature..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I'll hold off judgment of the scent til I actually try it. But I do NOT like that bottle, so generic, so boring. I don't mind simple, if it's done well, this on the other hand, is just.... meh.
    Most of Chanel's bottles are generic square shapped the only one which had a little flash was Chance with it being round with a chrome ring running arond the sides of the bottle.

The 50 ml bottle will be Ä54 and the 100 ml will be Ä74.

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post
    Ooh baby, I hear how you spend night-time,
    Wrapped like candy in a pure blue neon glow.
    Fade away and radiate.
    Fade away and radiate.

- Blondie, Fade Away and Radiate
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 30th May 2010 at 08:03 PM.

How disappointing!
    I just read that review. Real downer, although I think of Chanel's mens fragrances as being weak overall. As if the world needs another Sport fragrance ! I will still sample it, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I'd blame the masses' tastes in fragrances for this... and a fresh sporty release in summer is clearly marketed at the masses. I'm still interested in trying it out but at this point, the score is probably Focus Group: 1 J Polge's Artistry: 0

But I'm hopin it's still enjoyable...
    I blame the masses as well. Bastards. The masses are asses.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

Sigh is right. However, I have some hope left. If it's anything like Tiffany for Men Sport - which I consider a very worthy scent - then perhaps there is some redeeming aspect.

We'll see......

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Sigh is right. However, I have some hope left. If it's anything like Tiffany for Men Sport - which I consider a very worthy scent - then perhaps there is some redeeming aspect.

We'll see......
    Ditto.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I've instinctively become wary of any fragrance that is blue in color...

It's still Chanel and regardless of other opinions they don't have one loser in the men's line IMHO. Not one. Considering the perfumer it's worth a blind buy online if it can't be tested/purchased in retail stores here in the states. A new launch from Chanel is long overdue (I don't count the variations of Allure).

BTW the notes sound yummy. Sometimes I think people just want to bash something new unless they put some off beat note like note of "scent no one can pronounce" in it. Try it first and then tell us what you think!

Is it just me or is nutmeg and/or ginger finding it's way into every recent release? Is there some new aromachemical Givaudan et al are pushing under perfumers noses?

This "ginger" is a sure turn-off for me in every example i've tried so far.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 31st May 2010 at 07:08 AM.

well,. many people hate the last Guerlain homme in reason for the " mainstream" "generic" etc, etc.. adjetives oriented to the popular sellers and crappy fragance,.. but i really like it (isnt in my next to purchase it),. and others too.

so, of course im open to try this channel with an optimist vibe... so,. lets wait to smell it !

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    well,. many people hate the last Guerlain homme in reason for the " mainstream" "generic" etc, etc.. adjetives oriented to the popular sellers and crappy fragance,..
    Yeah, the designer market is so full of fragrances that smell nice, but not very interesting at all. I'm particularly against acqua scents because calone makes me wretch.

scented salamander has already posted the picture of the bottle

I am a bit disappointed because it looks like another Allure
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by Le critique de parfum View Post

I hope Bleu will be as fascinating and mesmerizing as Chanel's latest feminine fragrances and Les Exclusifs!

Wait...
    Oh God, this time even the bottle is original. It`s very similar to Silver Shadow Private Bottle:

Last edited by rickbr; 4th June 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Oh God, this time even the bottle is original.
    Are you sure that it is original? To me it is a bottle of Allure Homme (the same shape, cap and bends) but in the other colours.

Last edited by AntonPan; 4th June 2010 at 06:10 PM.

Blog Entries

It seems as though the fragrance companies have lost touch with the sales potential of classy bottles. The bean counters must be in charge.

actually I was hoping they would call it:

CHANEL ALLURE HOMME EDITION BLEU EAU DE TOILETTE CONCENTREE SPORT
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - New fragrance

I think I would have named it Le Abyss Bleue.

Chanel has always had minimalistic bottles. I appreciate their consistency, though I have to say that I don't find the Allure Homme type of bottle to be the height of Chanel chic.

As for the fragrance, it doesn't sound very promising. I'm hoping for a surprise, but don't really expect to be wowed.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Are you sure that it is original? To me it is a bottle of Allure Homme (the same shape, cap and bends) but in the other colours.

There was a word NOT lacking. Even the bottle is not original, and I thought is it too much coincidence the same blue color of Silver Shadow Private. After all, with a lot of blues available, why choosing one very similar?
    Well, although I don`t like it, the truly unique blue scent that I tested was Le Bleue d'Issey