Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed V Cool Water - Real Life Head to Head challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    This thread made my day!! It's a $225 bottle of Cool Water. I've been telling people this for years. So funny!!!
    GIT was first.. so, really, Cool Water is a second rate version of GIT. I didn't enjoy GIT so I don't plan on trying Cool Water.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I am not sure if I am thinking right but with all this talk I am getting inclined towards buying a 'vintage' bottle of Cool water.

Anyone has some idea how can we identify a cool water bottle from the yore?
    Judging by the reviews for Truefitt & Hill's Freshman, that may be what you're looking for!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Great in the field test....Thanks for posting....Not as a hijack but....It's funny, I got more compliments wearing Cool Water, than any Guerlains I've worn....I still wore them because I liked them...and I stopped wearing Cool Water because I stopped liking it....But the compliments stopped aswell...lol
    Now I'm wearing a Caron scent and the compliments have started again.... But the point is Women have always loved Cool Water on a man...and this continues to prove that point...
    "Music Is My Mistress, and She Plays Second Fiddle To No One"-Ellington

I place my bets on BDP

I've got to be honest, I think an 'in the field test' is somewhat pointless.

Everywhere I go all I smell is JPG Le Male, The general public/uninitiated associate whats popular with something that must be good. You could run a test 100 times and have Le Male versus any of the top niche fragrances and I bet you the synthetic scrubber would come out on top ninety-nine times out of a hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Everywhere I go all I smell is JPG Le Male, The general public/uninitiated associate whats popular with something that must be good. You could run a test 100 times and have Le Male versus any of the top niche fragrances and I bet you the synthetic scrubber would come out on top ninety-nine times out of a hundred.
    Agree.

I did the Cool Water vs GIT experiment with my wife awhile back. Keep in mind that I used to wear Cool Water a lot when I first met her and she loves it. Also I haven't worn Cool Water in 10 years or more so I was wondering if she would recognize it.
    After testing both out on her she did recognize Cool Water. She also didn't really care for GIT withinn the first 30 minutes or so. Cool Water after 30 minutes to an hour went from "I love it" to "it smells clean." GIT after 2 hours went from"It's OK" to "Whatever your wearing, now that smells good." I then asked her which one was Cool Water and she immediately pointed to the wrist with GIT. Whaawhaawhaa.....wrong!
    Cool Water has probably one of the most universally liked openings. Synthetic or not people love it. GIT once it gets into the heart and drydown takes on more of the opening of Cool Water and improves upon it 10X. I've yet to find a person that doesn't like GIT through the heart and drydown.
    Last edited by silentrich; 3rd December 2011 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Over the past few years Cool Water has become even more synthetic than before...the orange blossom and peppermint have radically gone down in quality, and the woods and geranium notes have also gradually degraded. It still has a large following though. Very few fragrances in the world can match the alluring green-irisy violet leaf notes of GIT which perfectly hits the spot for me...far superior to the gaseous synthy violet notes found in Dior Fahrenheit or Grey Flannel, more pleasant than the rotting/boiling egg aroma of the absolute.
    Have to agree. Years ago cool water smelled decent, now it smells like synthetic shit. Reason why I own a bottle of GIT.

You can have thousnads of these CW vs GIT challanges.....I do not care what the masses say.....CW simply does not last on my skin.....After 3 hours CW is long gone.....Not being a huge fan of Creed I'll take GIT over CW any day and any time!!!
    Gary