Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question A Plateau Reached, I have.

I have apparently reached a level of satiation in fragrance where something new I need. Like a warm gentle wind on my face, change, but what? At a loss I am. I need to renew my fragrance journey, with help from my friends. I am in a state of malaise. Please advise. Feel free to check my wardrobe. My fragrance life, in your hands, is.

Default Re: A Plateau Reached, I have.

Been reached n tesla, indeed a plateau has, to find much enlightenment , one must appreciate what one already has. Herh herh herh

Blog Entries

Pour_Monsieur; With much wisdom you speak, yet still there is a need to continue the journey. The jouney, enlightenment provides. For your message, thanking you, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Been reached n tesla, indeed a plateau has, to find much enlightenment , one must appreciate what one already has. Herh herh herh

The force is strong with you N_Tesla that I can sense . Indeed our Journey never ends once it has begun , or failing that do what Im doing and give stuff a whiff that you usually wouldnt

LOL!

Do or do not do--this is no "try."
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Black Aoud
    Black Musk
    Full Incense

This makes me wonder... what scent would Yoda wear?
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Oh Great Smelly One (LOL) your wardrobe is staggering. He says bowing deeply. May I offer as a suggestion A beautiful frag from Santa Maria Novella called Peau D'Espagne. An old style leather with a wicked opening and beautiful drydown. This scent lasted approx. 8 hrs on me.

A house that is starting to get some love is Cale from Milan, Ive tested most of them and they are superbly mixed(IMHO) They are very generous with their samples.

These humble offerings to The Great Smelling One.

Cheers Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Perhaps entering world of perfume-making and creating your own masterpiece?

A break. That's what I recommend. With that many scents at such a loss - something drastical should happen, I'm serious.

Frankly, what can be expected from 3-5-10 new scents? Look into yourself, something else you surely miss, scents are just the surface.

The year after Mitsouko was created by Jacques Guerlain, he released the most wonderful, yet infrequently spoken of Eau de Fleurs de Cédrat. Have you tried this? If so, do let us know your opinion of it. I think it is quite excellent and uplifting. So I recommend it to you N_Tesla.

I did notice one opoponax fragrance in your wardrobe and if you have never tried Les Néréides Imperial Opoponax (now just called Opoponax, I believe), I would encourage you to try that as well.

Sur la Plage

Just enjoy what you have.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

In checking your tried list I don't see any of the Ungaro trio (I, II, III). If you haven't tried any/all I would suggest you do.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

i sugest one million by paco rabane and aqua di go by armani
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

You need something qualitively different, not another bottle of perfume! Time to put away your impressive collection and take to some pure oud oil[s] Oriscent has a sale on samples, I'd recommend their Kyara Koutan and Borneo 3000. Don't be fooled by their small size and high price tag - 0.3ML of pure oud oil is plenty and will last many many many times and the experience should be sufficiently new and enjoyable to re-boot your olfactory neural pathways.

In a sense, I was led by the nose to where I'm at now. I didn't care about niche, vintage, celebrities, history (real or fake), etc, unless it smelled wearable. I liked everything at first, then mostly orientals, then gourmands, etc., then I started sampling women's frags, and went through a few other phases of development. Now, I think I know what I enjoy and what I don't, and I'm going to try and eliminate some more frags from the rotation. I have no idea if this will be "successful." I'l keep sampling, mostly because of my bargain hunting ways, but I won't otherwise go out of my way to sample anything new. As for the OP, I would need to know more about what kinds of frag and notes you like.

Blog Entries

I thank you all for your replies. I fear I am in the Winter of my discontent and know not what the future holds. I look not to the future with optimism, but with caution; the kind of caution that comes with the discourse that is age. It is not the best of times nor the worst of times, merely times et tempus fugit memento mori. What is left to us is durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 10th April 2011 at 03:50 AM.

Well, that was depressing!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Perhaps go on a 'note exploration' if you are so inclined? I believe this will keep one occupied for years to come.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Some consider the present as all there is. They contend both the past and the future exist only in the present moment as memories or flights of fancy, so they conclude this moment is all we have. They suggest living in it as fully as possible.

That being said, perhaps it is appropriate to go spritz something nice on and enjoy the moment.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell