Code of Conduct

Smile Prepare for 2010. The hottest year of all time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...d-1837856.html

I don't want the heat to get me unprepared, so basenoters recommend the fragrances that work best in very very hot weather.

I'll start:
    L'eau Par Kenzo Pour Homme
    Uomo? Moschino
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: Prepare for 2010. The hottest year of all time.

I find most Aramis frags work well in the summer. I'll go Havana or Tuscany.

Don't put your cooler weather frags away, though - we've heard news like this in the UK several times in the last decade, but it's never really come off. Whilst no one went quite as far as "hottest summer ever", last summer was supposed to be exceptionally long, warm and dry. What we actually ended up with was pretty much endless cloud and rain. I don't think I got my shorts out once last year.

So yeah - I'll believe it when I see it. Or feel the heat of it.

I am biased with MPG.
    Racine, Fraiche Badiane, Bahiana and Pour le jeune homme are pretty good in hot weather.

Probably best to stay away from big sweet fragrances built around vanilla, amber, or heavy florals etc. Also combinations of patchouli with florals become nose killers in heat. I like light green fragrances and dry woods the very best in hot weather.

Green examples: Mugler Cologne,Eau de Sisley Campagne, Angelique Sous La Plui, SL Encens et Lavande, Hinoki, Guerlain Aqua Allegoria (whole series), Signoricci, Live Jazz, Erolfa, Hermes Gentian Blanche, and Pamplemouse Rose, Acqua di Bella Baraja, TF Grey Vetiver, CdG Vetiveru, Paul Smith Story.

Dry Woods: Ulrich Lang Nightscape, Kenzo Air, CdG Jaisalmer, Kyoto, Cartier Declaration Essence, HeWood, MPG Bois d' Iles (its a gourmand, but has very dry woods so it works in heat) TF Oud Woods,

There are hundreds like this, basically yes to dry woods and dry green or citrus. No to sweet and heavy elements that cause a fragrance to scream in hot weather. Stay away from sweet vanillas, amber, leather, big patchouli, sweet florals etc.- No.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 25th May 2010 at 01:57 PM.

Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica....AdP
    Balle de Match....PdN
    Blenheim Bouquet....Penhaligons
    Boucheron pour Homme....Boucheron
    Bowling Green....Geoffrey Beene
    Eau Sauvage....Dior
    Eau d'Hadrien....AG
    Live Jazz....YSL
    Eau Pour le Jeune Homme....MPG
    Racine....MPG

A few amongst others that work for me.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Though it's 'common' Acqua Di Gio is so refreshing.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

Hottest year of all time? So i am glad to have a new star in my collection: Sonia Rykiel MAN, oh man i am addicted to it now.
    So equipped with Thierry Mugler Cologne, Bvlgari Aqva, YSL Live Jazz, Guy Laroche Horizon, Thierry Mugler Ice Man - what can i say to hottest summer of all time? Bring it on!

I've found nothing to work better than Ted Baker Skinwear.. my wardrobe is vast, but this stuff is stellar in the heat... just stellar.. try it.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Fuc*in Woods and Spices! Fuc*in Woods and Spices all fuc*in summer long!!!