Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: L'Occitane Verdon

From nstperfume.com:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

L’Occitane has launched Verdon, a new range for men inspired by the Verdon Gorge in the south of France. In addition to grooming products ranging from Face Wash to Deodorant, the line includes Verdon Eau de Toilette, a sporty aquatic fragrance:

Dive into the heart of fresh waters and gorges of the VERDON valley in Haute-Provence with this Eau de Toilette. The fresh and stimulating blend of peppermint, citrus and aquatic notes instantly recalls the sensations of a day spent in nature.

Additional notes include bergamot, lemon, lavender and cedar.

Last edited by petruccijc; 25th May 2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: L'Occitane Verdon

You always have the breaking news!
    I like L'Occitane, but "sporty aquatic" does not bring joy. I'll give it a sniff when it arrives, but I'm not hopeful.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I like L'Occitane, but "sporty aquatic" does not bring joy. I'll give it a sniff when it arrives, but I'm not hopeful.
    I concur with what you are saying Ody. Et tu L'Occitane?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L’Occitane Canada is giving away sample to Canada resident.
    You may get one first hand and let us how it goes..

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Thank you, petruccijc, for the news. I concur with OdyM on the aquatic sporty theme. Maybe the company trying to reach a new audience.

I adore L'Occitane's Labadanum. Very warm and rich, and I adore their Eau des Baux.
    Last edited by Primrose; 25th May 2010 at 04:48 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Thank you, petruccijc, for the news. I concur with OdyM on the aquatic sporty theme. Maybe the company trying to reach a new audience.

I adore L'Occitane's Labadanum. Very warm and rich, and I adore their Eau des Baux.
    I will check it out, but I must agree with Primrose that I absolutely adore Labdanum and Baux
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

The sporty aqua deal doesn't do much for me either.....I'll sample and give it a chance!!!
    Gary

Peppermint....iiiiinteresting. Risky. I wonder how prominent it will be. I'll be sure to sniff it, but I'm not exactly holding my breath for greatness.

When will it be in stores, if it isn't already?
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 25th May 2010 at 09:07 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

Is it me, or does the packaging look really cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm not sure the EdT is pictured above...none of those look like any L'Occitane fragrance bottle I've seen. Unless it's that clear thing. In which case, yes, it does look cheap!
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 25th May 2010 at 10:32 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm not a huge L'Occitane fan, although I do like my Eau des Baux deodorant, but this looks like a big step down for them to me.

Had a chance to check this stuff out today while heading in to grab refills of their Red Rice cleanser / toner / moisturizer.

Verdon smells... pretty good. Very, very fresh. Definitely masculine. Aquatic... but more mountain valley stream aquatic than ocean aquatic. But i'm not sure i'm sold on the EdT. it seems like it'd be a more appropriate smell for moisturizing lotion and bath products. Which is probably why I bought some of the face cleanser and moisturizer and gave a pass to the frag itself.

Verdon is pretty excellent in my books. I love it actually.

Surprising since their recent fragrances were lackluster to say the least.

Great evolution, Verdon is very well made : 3 distinct stages (mint, wood, marine). The mint note is spectacular, deep and green (no menthol) and the marine note is subdued. Overall Verdon feels natural and true.

thanks guys, mountain valley stream aquatic sounds interesting.

Hopefully my local l'Occitane has this so I can try it at lunch! Will report back...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Tried it yesterday....

Absolutely boring....common place, similr to every late 90s early 2000s acuatics...

100% forgettable.

Not released yet here down under it appears.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Mike, I think the "toiletries" approach of simple bottles is to appeal to the "average" man who wants quality and scent, not a fragrance or grooming nut...um...connoisseur. This man would be frightened off by a stylish bottle or packaging.
    Last edited by Primrose; 1st June 2010 at 01:06 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

They had this at L'Occitane in SF today. It had a topnote of mint and eucalyptus on paper that was a bit much for me (in a toothpastey way, not in terms of strength). It's got calone in it, which is actually quite pleasant, but gives it a kind of unremarkable resemblance to 90's men's bath and body store kinds of scents. It came across as one of those scents that's great as a soap or a deodorant or a candle, but maybe comes off a little mall-store-ish when presented and reviewed as a proper EDT. But that's pretty much how I feel about most of the L'Ociatane scents, so maybe I'm just being a snob...

(Though their vetiver bar soap smelled wonderful)
    Last edited by rogalal; 1st June 2010 at 05:36 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

I love mint & eucalyptus but I tend to find aquatics a bit grating on my nerves...

If it turns out anyone likes it you better stock up because the company quits making so many of its scents.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Tried it yesterday....

Absolutely boring....common place, similr to every late 90s early 2000s acuatics...

100% forgettable.
    I totally agree.

Tried it and found it quite run-of-the-mill. So if this is discontinued, you are not to be afraid for there are literally thousands of scents around than can be a perfect replacement to it.

What it really got my mind is that Eau de Quatre Voleurs has been discontinued, even though it was a seller, according to the SA. I wonder L'Occitane's marketing managers decided to replace it with the new one: they must be thinking Verdon will be a hit.

I keep hoping something will channel the topnotes of Lacoste Booster while maintaining quality through the base. After a glimmer of hope that this could do it, I guess I'll just keep hoping.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 16th June 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Tried it, and it is L'Occitane's first masculine fail.
    It is below their typical taste level.
    Smells alot like the L'Eau d'Issey Eau D'Ete summer edition 2009, mixed with aqua di gio and some natural mint oils.
    Unimpressive.

I sampled this at the store maybe a week or two back. I now forget what it smelled like...if that tells you anything.

Any one know the list price?
    Was wondering about blind buying a very cheap used bottle (50ml)