Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default D.S. & Durga - Shake Shake Senora, Petitgrain Sur Fleur and Pomelo Blossom

From nstperfume.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooklyn-based indie perfumers D.S. & Durga have launched three new limited edition spring/summer fragrances for their collection at Anthropologie:

Shake Shake Senora ~ “A calypso melody is like a tropical flower. Island marigold, heliotrope & vanilla orchid.”

Petitgrain Sur Fleur ~ “A rare grade of orange blossom wood co-distilled with its blossoms. Rich tuberose & Provencal lavender.”

Pomelo Blossom ~ “Delicate pomelo blossom. Zesty pink grapefruit peel & white musk. For balmy summer nights.”

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: D.S. & Durga - Shake Shake Senora, Petitgrain Sur Fleur and Pomelo Blossom

Woohoo!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: D.S. & Durga - Shake Shake Senora, Petitgrain Sur Fleur and Pomelo Blossom

Hmmm.... D&D intrigues me, and I have an Anthropologie in my neck of the woods...
    But none of these scents grab my attention. Still, probably worth a look-see.
    Thanks for this news, another fast-breaking story from Mr. Petruccijc
    Last edited by odysseusm; 26th May 2010 at 01:49 AM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Hmmm.... D&D intrigues me, and I have an Anthropologie in my neck of the woods...
    But none of these scents grab my attention. Still, probably worth a look-see.
    Thanks for this news, another fast-breaking story from Mr. Petruccicj
    I agree. None are sounding that exciting to me, but if I happen upon an Anthropolgie I will check them out. I really love their Smoked Amber fragrance though.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I agree. None are sounding that exciting to me, but if I happen upon an Anthropolgie I will check them out. I really love their Smoked Amber fragrance though.
    Smoked Amber is an amazing, smoky-incense scent. I sure debated about that (and continue to do so). I started with Royal Purpure with its herbal-coniferous notes, and like it. Very powerful stuff.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the hell did they change the bottle again? They should stick with one bottle design and keep it. This is bottle #3...it's confusing the branding of their fragrance line. (sigh)

The Petitgrain Sur Fleur sounds like something I'd like.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing some Petitgrain Sur Fleur on my arm as I type this (I passed by an Anthropologie on the way back from lunch today).

It's a very oily white floral, lightly indolic and very eaux-colognish in its crispness - a nice combination. I smell absolutley no tuberose, it's mostly orange blossom and petitgrain and the lavender is pretty much squashed by the florals. You get it if you sniff your arm up close, a whiff of medicinal lavender, but then it's gone when you pull your arm away.

In the heat it's actually quite refreshing - reminds me of those Eau Delicate flankers that JC Ellena has done for some of the Hermes scents (24 Faubourg?) and it falls in line with the whole Anthropologie art direction: casual, organic, summer oriented, handmade....

But I have a feeling this might feel, over the long term, a bit like wearing a housedress - comfortable but a bit too flimsy.

p.s. - The Shake Shake Senora was nice (didn't try the Pomelo Blossom), but it quickly disappeared in the heat. I have to hand it to DS & Durga though - their scents smell very unique and like nothing else on the market. Gotta give 'em props for that.