Code of Conduct

Thread: fragrancex.com?

Default fragrancex.com?

is fragrancex.com a trusted site? has anyone got anything from there before? they have Jazz by YSL ~12 for but in a store near me its going for ~24 so whats going on? (even Live Jazz is ~12 on fragrancex.com but its ~33 in the high street stores)

Default Re: fragrancex.com?

Quote Originally Posted by abzr88 View Post
    is fragrancex.com a trusted site? has anyone got anything from there before? they have Jazz by YSL ~12 for but in a store near me its going for ~24 so whats going on? (even Live Jazz is ~12 on fragrancex.com but its ~33 in the high street stores)
    Stores have to pay store employees and utilities and rent and a warehouse for storage and marketing. A simple search in the forums will tell you what you need to know.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 13th December 2009 at 06:24 PM.

I've ordered from them with no problems, although I have read that, if there are problems, the customer service isn't the greatest. However, they are in the US so there might be customs issues. There are many fragrance sites like this. I have heard that retailers unload some of their product to them, screaming all the while about how they should be outlawed, etc. etc. It's called the "grey market" and is controversial, but is a great way to save money on fragrance. (Chanel is the one product line that is most likely to be counterfeited, so it might be best to buy Chanel only from an authorized source.) Make sure anything you buy is boxed. A "tester" might have been cooking under flourescent lights for quite some time.

Do a google search under "online fragrance discounters" and see what turns up. There used to be a thread here about the various sites and how good or bad they are.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Quote Originally Posted by PB101 View Post
    There used to be a thread here about the various sites and how good or bad they are.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=207117

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Bought 2 or 3 times from them. Maybe I was lucky but I had no problems with their service whatsoever.

NEVER and EVER buy any product from FRAGRANCEX.COM
    You can read some complaints about that ***ing fraud site.. I have bought lots of perfumes from them but when the last order (was including 3 different perfumes) has not arrived for years i also made a comment on complaint board..Think twice before buying from FRAGRANCEX...

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...t=datea&page=1

- They do not reply any of your e-mail,
    - They do not send the fragrances eventhough they collect the money from your credit card,
    - Somehow they have never and ever any tracking number,
    - They are careless & arrogant,
    - They are not able to provide proof of delivery even if you ask for it,
    - support@fragrancex.com is totally useless e-mail,
    - They always keep telling "please be patient and your order is on the way"

Schark: sorry you had a bad experience with them and I understand you're upset but there's no need to spam the board with your complaints or resurrect old posts. You've already posted this in the proper place, the Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

DocmanCC :
    i just shared my bad experience in the related posts (fragrancex)...
    it is totally up to people to shop from FragX but if the subject is FragX, please keep in mind those problems and think twice.. i am also not the only one who has such bad experience with that company.. i also wanted to add my comments on their website "SEE WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING" but they have never published.. On the other hand i have never had such a bad surprise with Strawberrynet, Beautyencounter and Parfums Raffy...
    As i said it is up to you .. but keep in mind that you will most probably have a risk to lose your money..

I absolutely support members leaving feedback about perfume vendors. I'm just saying there is a proper place for such things: the Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides sub-forum. Copying your grievances everywhere else is annoying.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")