Code of Conduct

Default New Antonio Banderas fragrance for Men: The Secret

Antonio Banderas has launched a new fragrance for men called The Secret.

Described as a fresh oriental, The Secret contains notes of mint, grapefruit, cinnamon, pepper, apple liqueur accord, tonka bean, woods, musk and leather. The nose behind The Secret is Christophe Raynaud.

This new fragrance is manufactured by Antonio Puig, and will be available in department stores and chain retailers starting in August 2010.

Snarky is as snarky does.

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Antonio Banderas fragrance for Men: The Secret

that sounds like im going to actually like it

Is it just me, or does the bottle look like a By Kilian clone?
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I just picked up some of this tonight, 1 oz bottle and 1oz after shave for 16 bucks at CVS.

My initial draw to this scent was all of the scents it reminded me of. The opening makes me think of of both Pi and Herrera for Men, a bold, spicy combo dominated by cloves, cinnamon, and kind of a boozy wine type smell (probably the aforementioned apple liqueur). Not too long later, the scent calms down into a mix of its apple, cloves, and woody notes. This stage reminds me more than a bit of Burberry London's darker scent. The drydown is a essentially a sweet woodsy note.

I was very surprised by the price, to say the least. Had it costed more, I probably wouldn't have bought any, but the juice is like an interesting combination of some of the more powerful scents I'd enjoyed years ago.

I'm also not sure if I'd call it an oriental, its almost like a dangerous gourmand.

I like the notes. Mint, apple, little bit of citrus and a sweet 'heavy' base.

All people that tried it say that it is just a copy of PR's 1 million. Is it true?
    Watch my recent video reviews of
    Prada Luna Rossa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dv7TAmfrA
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    All people that tried it say that it is just a copy of PR's 1 million. Is it true?
    Nah, it smells a lot different to me.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Finally tried it. As most reviewers from other sites said, it's a watery copy of Paco Rabanne 1 million - this is the truth. But you should take into consideration that The Secret costs 3 times cheaper than 1 million, but, surprisingly, smells more expensive. 1 million was too much for me: too sweet, too strong, too synthetic. AB The Secret is still that 1 million, but without all these problems.

Definitely, The secret is a good scent for those, who want 1 million without overpayment
    Watch my recent video reviews of
    Prada Luna Rossa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dv7TAmfrA
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4

ive tried this too. i thought it was actually very very good

Just think positively, and it will appear before you

Hahahaha

Finally tried this. Just like the rest from AB, this one is just as good; sweet but not gourmand, and in style. A blatant rip-off of 1 Million is arguable. To me, their openings are very similar, I get the blood orange, and sweetness from various other fruits accompanied by vanilla, tonka bean, and some spices. I think it's a less complex version of 1 Million. Longevity isn't as good but I still got a solid 5-6 hours. Sometimes, my skin rejects a fragrance's longevity for the first time on my skin; so i may just end up buying this since it's totally my type.

Great inexpensive 1 Million alternative, less longevity (thus far from what i can tell) and a bit less projection, but this stuff still projects above average. A totally safe blind buy, imo, if you like stuff like 1 Million, La Nuit, Armani Code, etc.

I cant find this anywhere in the uk, any help would be appreciated

Post Re: New Antonio Banderas fragrance for Men: The Secret

just ordered mine!!!

I have just found out that it defo going to have DNA of 1mil because its made by the same person Christophe Raynaud!!!! From my resaerch he put blood orange/orange notes in a lot of his fragrances. This is probably going to be the main similarity. i got mine for 13 50ml bottle so i cant go wrong really....

Wasn't very impressed by this when I had the opportunity to try it, but I could see how some might be tempted by the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Dreamer View Post
    just ordered mine!!!

I have just found out that it defo going to have DNA of 1mil because its made by the same person Christophe Raynaud!!!! From my resaerch he put blood orange/orange notes in a lot of his fragrances. This is probably going to be the main similarity. i got mine for 13 50ml bottle so i cant go wrong really....
    Wow, really. Didn't know it was made by the same guy. That is awesome. If you like 1 Million, you will like this. And you will wear it more because of its price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    I cant find this anywhere in the uk, any help would be appreciated
    I would think you could get it from ebay.com (u.s.) if you don't mind the extra shipping charge.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

My bottle came a few weeks ago... it smells fantastic exactly like 1mil just without the rose and less complex. I have one major issue with it, it lasts 1- 2 hours on my skin literally its got the worst longevity I have ever seen in a fragrance. Smells fantastic but by the time you leave your house you will not smell it after two hours it completely goes as if you just washed it off in the shower. Not worth it!!! even though I got it for 13.

not really they are similar though. I have both so!

Like I said before, I remember to have tested this one not long after it was released, to my nose, it's a scent of a pleasant, yet not in any way outstanding sweet powdery gourmand