Code of Conduct

Default Help me choose a perfume!

I have a problem!

My father is going to Nyc in June 11 and i am going to ask him to bring me one or two perfumes. He is staying at Hilton Garden Inn in Times Square.

My favorite perfumes are Bond no 9 Silver Factory, Black Aoud, Fumerie Turque and Endymion. I really like rive gauche also.

At first i thought i would ask him to bring me Silver Factory and Fumerie Turque, but those two perfumes i can order online from Strawberry.net in the future.

So i thinking about asking something that is completely unavailable in my country.So i thought about Black Aoud, but the only store that carries Montale in Nyc is Aedes, and that store is a little far from the hotel my father is staying.
    Endymion too is out of the question because of the same reason above.

So... here comes the problem, i am thinking about asking for either a Dyptique or a L'artisan perfume, since both are also unavailable in my country, but i only sampled 3 l'artisan perfumes and i never sampled a dyptique.About the L'artisan that i sampled:
    Dzonghkha:Liked, but no sillage and longevity kills this one for me
    Havana Vanille: LOVED the boozy opening, hated what comes next
    Mechant Loup:I dont know yet if i like it or not, if end it up liking it i gonna ask my father this one.

The other perfumes that interest me and i wont be able to sample before by dad travel:
    Al Oudh
    Timbuktu
    Fou D'Absinthe
    Tea for Two
    Dzing
    Tam Dao
    Phylosikos

Besides those there are some others that i think i would like:

CDG 2
    CDG 2 man
    Geranium Pour Monsieur
    Rose 31
    Spirutuose Double Vanille

So.... based on what i told you guys and in my wardrobe which one of those i should order blind?

Feel free to tell me other options that i should considerate.
    Last edited by Rbsann; 26th May 2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: forgot fragrances

Default Re: Help me choose a perfume!

Anyone?

I really need some help!!!
    Thanks!

Since you have two vanilla scents listed, I think you like vanilla.

The Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a real luxury of opulent vanilla, but I am partial to Guerlain.
    Last edited by Primrose; 26th May 2010 at 03:44 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Since you have two vanilla scents listed, I think you like vanilla.

The Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille is a real luxury of opulent vanilla, but I am partial to Guerlain.
    hmmm

i like, but not to overcloying sweet vanilla.Perfumes like Chergui, Havana Vanille, Bvlgari Black and Angel are too sweet for me. Fumerie Turque is on the right spot.

How about Spiruteuse, is it overcloying sweet?

You should seriously consider Rose 31. Because it is roses and spice. People here say it isnt much about rose but some how i can still smell it, with LOTS of cumin I hated it at first but it just grew on me
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    You should seriously consider Rose 31. Because it is roses and spice. People here say it isnt much about rose but some how i can still smell it, with LOTS of cumin I hated it at first but it just grew on me
    hmm..

based om my preferences, do you think i would like it?

Black Aoud, Fumerie Turque, rive gauche

are the three that i like. However Rose 31 dont have anything in common with these 3.

Rose 31 is dirty rose on a spicy base. The cumin is very dominant, so u have to like cumin in order to like this. I happen to like it after 3-4 wrist tests.
    It is bright, yet dirty and sexy.

I'm actually wearing it now from a sample. Love it ! Very suitable for a sexy "event" , like a date, or clubbing. It can be used for a walk on the beach with a loved one.

Last word, it smells SEXY.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Hmmm

How about musc ravageur.

How sweet is it?

Musc Ravageur is not sickly sweet. It's smooth and cinnamon dominant. Quite sexy, in a romantic way.

"No Pain, No Gain"

I'll comment on the ones I've tried and give you my two cents

Al Oudh - Very nice. More cumin than Oudh. On the sweet side but not over powering and kind of sensual
    Dzing - Haven't given a true test wear, but it's a sort of an odd scent
    CDG 2 man - It has a rich woody mahogany note that I love, but I find it a bit short lived for a high end frag
    Rose 31 - My favorite from all those you listed. Very nice modern rose scent for men

vanilla.

After only a quick look, I'd say Tam Dao and Philosykos might be the worthy ones.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

dont have much experience with fragrance only tried one or two from your wish list. so here's what i think..

Phylosikos - fig scent opening that become faint milky coconut in the dry down. similar to Marc Jacobs, but appears more 'natural' with 3 hours max longevity. Spiritueuse Double Vanille - hardly see people would dislike this fragrance. sophisticated creation based on vanilla without being cloying and overly sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbsann View Post
    hmmm

i like, but not to overcloying sweet vanilla.Perfumes like Chergui, Havana Vanille, Bvlgari Black and Angel are too sweet for me. Fumerie Turque is on the right spot.

How about Spiruteuse, is it overcloying sweet?
    I've compared, Havana Vanille, Tobacco Vanille and Spiritueuse Double Vanille and the Guerlain is not as cloying as the other two. While the the first two are still rather heavy, I found SDV surprisingly somewhat light. Lovely...