For A "normal" man? For a "normal" woman? It's up to the person.
"No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
A normal person should have like seven, one for each day. But B'noters are not normal so they can have as much as they want
I am perfectly normal. I have 50-some fragrances, and want probably 70 more. Totally normal. *twitch*
My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat Nį 2
I'm only 18 years old and I already have 20+ !
However, most of my friends only have 1 or 2. The most cologne that any one of my friends has is like 4 bottles.
Last edited by Dean44; 8th January 2012 at 01:49 PM.
for summer: 2 fragrances
for autumn: 2 fragrances
for winter: 2 fragrances
for spring: 2 fragrances
In the real world 5-6 tops.. average is 2-3 I'd say though.
For a young college Basenoter, I'd say 15-20 is normal. I personally have 20 bottles, 10 decants, few samples.. and my friends think I'm weird lol. But age really matters with this discussion...
Personally I don't wear half of my collection (either blind buys, bottles I used to love but now hate, or bottles that fit in the same category with another bottle I have.. and that other fragrance does it better.) I plan to narrow down by collection to just 10 gem bottles someday.
1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
2) LumiŤre Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
3) Royal Oud by Creed
4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel
Last edited by the non blonde; 9th January 2012 at 04:41 AM.
3-10 seems pretty average. There is nothing wrong with having as many as you want, though
I believe every man should own at the very least, 3 colognes.
1. Every day cologne. For work, hanging out with friends, etc...AKA the signature scent.
2. Date/going out scent. When you want to seduce...I mean impress your date or get some attention on a Friday night.
3. Special occasion. When you need to attend a wedding, birthday party, or propose to the woman you love, and you want a scent to be as special as that moment. Afterall, scent is the strongest sense tied to memory.
"I am a robot and I like cheese"
1. Axe Kilo
2. Lectric Shave
3. Vicks Vapor Rub
4. Febreze Pour Homme
5. Preferred Stock
couple of hundreds is almost ok, couple of thousands is just about normal.