Code of Conduct

Thread: Dia

Default Dia

This is an amazing scent. Funny thing is, after a couple of hours it seems it dissapears on me but 6 hours later I get compliments of how great it smells.

It does stay close to my skin and it's the type of scent that's very versatile........expensive yes but one of the nicest I've ever tried.

I wasn't crazy about Reflection Man......a nice scent in its own right, just not for me.
    Last edited by The Grifter; 26th May 2010 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: Dia

I also liked Jubilation. Plus I think they do smell rather expensive, and by expensive I mean complex/full of ingredients
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I work with a lot of women and a couple of them told me they liked Reflection Man but really loved the one I had on the day before.....it was One Million - Paco Rabane....lol

[QUOTE=The Grifter;1843670]This is an amazing scent. Funny thing is, after a couple of hours it seems it dissapears on me but 6 hours later I get compliments of how great it smells.

It does stay close to my skin and it's the type of scent that's very versatile........expensive yes but one of the nicest I've ever tried.QUOTE]

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me...obviously it's more susceptible to olfactory fatigure or some such.

I think Dia is a killer for olfactory fatigue. A couple of experiences suggest this. The most stiking was working in a small room on a hot day. It was about 6 hours since I had sprayed two spritzes under my shirt (big ones mind, thouse amouage bottles fairly hand it out). I hadn't smelled any Dia for hours. I had to leave the room for about 20 minutes, when I came back, the smell of Dia in the room was STRONG. And that was just lingering in the air after I hadn't been there for 20 minutes!
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Threads like this make me really swing between extreme phases. When I have concluded that some fragrance doesn't work for me, such a thread will pop up and as a result I'd have to rethink once again before completely banishing a fragrance due to poor longevity or sillage.

Amouage Dia, here I come again to give you another chance. One last chance.

Interesting
    I really like Amouage Dia, but was disappointed that I couldn't smell it after an hour
    this explains a lot
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Basenotes Institution

Same experience here. But while it stuck around, it was such a beautiful scent. Reminds me of the same short but wonderful longevity of Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain.

It`s one of the best!

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Threads like this make me really swing between extreme phases. When I have concluded that some fragrance doesn't work for me, such a thread will pop up and as a result I'd have to rethink once again before completely banishing a fragrance due to poor longevity or sillage.

Amouage Dia, here I come again to give you another chance. One last chance.
    I hear you but I always get stuck in the place where I appreciate that others can smell it and like it, but if I can't-- what the heck???

I love Dia. It lasts all day on me.

I do find that, as much as I like it, I don't wear it often.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I agree. Dia does play hide-and-seek and makes you wonder sometimes if it is truly bottleworthy. Just don't get tempted to overspray in the mistaken belief you'd amped up the sillage. I've had a similar recent experience with Escential Molecules' Molecule 02.

Has someone tried the showergel and soap of Dia?

The one Amouage I really don't like. It's got a weird combination of textures to me: It's oily, but floral, but dry, but spicy.

That oily sweet texture really bothers me. Maybe it's the leather note and the peony? Or the labdanum?

Anyhow, I thought this thing faded fast, too. On subsequent wearings I could detect it a bit better and found that it projects like crazy and lasts 12+ easily!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Has someone tried the showergel and soap of Dia?
    Wow. Never knew that had it. I like Dia a lot and no one loves a matched scented soap more than me, but $35 US for one bar?
    I must say though thanks to Derbyman I just got some Habit Rouge bar soap and it's fantastic. If the Dia soap were available in a local store, I might be tempted. But committing to an online purchase and the wait-- passing for now.

You can get 10 ounces of the shower gel for about $55 StylinLA. I'm planning to pick up the (just released) Reflection Man shower gel soon. I'll let you know how it compares to the scent in a week or two when I get it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

This came home for me with this scent on my first wearing of it from a decant a few months ago. I went to coffee with a friend at about 4pm, having applied Dia at like 9am. I could no longer smell it, but after sipping black coffee for a minute it came back so strongly I thought someone else in the place must have been wearing it. I must have looked puzzled, so explained this whole thing to my friend - a woman I have known for many many years. She just said, "No, it's definitely you. I smelled it when we hugged. Smells good, but a bit louder than what you usually wear."

Weird
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits