Code of Conduct
    SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Charles Tyrwhitt of Jermyn Street Dress Shirts

I would be interested to hear your impressions of the quality of their shirts.

I have not purchased any, but just looked at their online selection and certain ones looked nice to me. Would love to get some feedback first.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Charles Tyrwhitt of Jermyn Street Dress Shirts

CT does really top quality shirts (beyond any reasonable doubt). Living in London,I have made several purchases over the years.
    However,if you want added flare and versatility to your shirts,may I suggest my first port of call, Hawes and Curtis.

I love their Curtis Fashion ranges( esp the Brandon and Chelses ranges). Their ever revolving catalogue of shirts wear exceptionally well both in office and casual settings.The quality impeccable(to the point that they even offer a 90 day return guarantee).And that's not to take away from the formal selection-you are bound to be spoilt for choice!Delivery,swift across the world.I've bought family overseas shirts from Hawes and Curtis and they were delivered without any issues.Enjoy!
    http://www.hawesandcurtis.com/mens-f...shirts_64.html

Thumbs down Re: Charles Tyrwhitt of Jermyn Street Dress Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I would be interested to hear your impressions of the quality of their shirts.

I have not purchased any, but just looked at their online selection and certain ones looked nice to me. Would love to get some feedback first.
    I would love to be able to comment on the quality of the shirts, but sadly my first purchase with them was ruined by their rude, terrible customer service.

A friend of mine recommended them and passed on a code what would get me a discount. It meant that I got two shirts that were in the sale for around 25 (after the voucher).

However, after a few days of waiting for the order to arrive, I was instead sent a snotty email from them about the order and that I wasn't elligible to use the voucher code as I wasn't a regular customer (none of this was stated anywhere).

They also implied that I was trying to pull some sort of scam and then offered me charity by saying that they'd send me part of the order with the voucher as a sign of good will.

However, the part that they decided to fulfill was the most expensive part, so they really weren't doing me any favours.

As I was pretty offended by the whole business, I wrote to complain and eventually heard back from another member of staff with some amount of decency who apologised and was willing to go through with the order as originally stated in the transaction.

But, by this time I was too angry to bother.

Way to make a first impression Charles Tyrwhitt...

Post Thanks / Like

I find that T M Lewin's are a much better choice for quality and customer service.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Charles Tyrwhitt of Jermyn Street Dress Shirts

I do not like CT shirts. Hilditch & Key, Turnbull & Asser , Harvie & Hudson are much better ( fabrics, cutting, etc )
    H&K, H&H are in sales now
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Turnbull and Asser have nice shirts, although avoid the cuff links. No one wants T&A on their wrists...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Charles Tyrwhitt of Jermyn Street Dress Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Turnbull and Asser have nice shirts, although avoid the cuff links. No one wants T&A on their wrists...
    I always wear silk knot cufflinks
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes