Code of Conduct

Default 2 original fragances must to be the same?(fakes versus originals)

Guys,

A little question....maybe was asked some time ago.....but I need to know something......

My brother tried a Rive Gauche on Neiman Marcus and some days ago he tried other bottle from a very good Ebay seller....with huge profile............but he say they are a little bit different.....

Some bottles of retail stores like Neiman are better or just different? In my opinion no....but I want to know if all original fragances are the same.....?

Its like to be pregnant?....I mean original or not¿? Or there are good originals or bad originals? Or maybe good fakes?

In my view all fakes are awful and something absolutly different than the original version. But in this case, my brother say the Rive Gauche is different but not fake.....who knows.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: 2 original fragances must to be the same?(fakes versus originals)

I don't think there should be much in the way of differences with this frag. Are you sure they are the exact same formulation? I also don't think this one is commonly faked, so I doubt that it is. Sometimes a frag smells different to me from one wearing to the next, and that's out of the same bottle. One wearing will have great note articulation whereas the next time it comes across as more of a blend. Unless he is some sort of "expert" I think it's very likely that this is the issue, unless it's not the same (women's versus men's, EdT vs. EdP, or whatever).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 27th May 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I don't think there should be much in the way of differences with this frag. Are you sure they are the exact same formulation? I also don't think this one is commonly faked, so I doubt that it is. Sometimes a frag smells different to me from one wearing to the next, and that's out of the same bottle. One wearing will have great note articulation whereas the next time it comes across as more of a blend. Unless he is some sort of "expert" I think it's very likely that this is the issue, unless it's not the same (women's versus men's, EdT vs. EdP, or whatever).
    Its the same fragance Bigsly....like you say sometimes frags smells diferent one wearing to the next....but its original, I m sure.....thanks for your post,
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

well, an interesting point about good and bad originals. In a sense, yes it can happen. Let's say the Neiman's bottle was fresh and replaced often while the one you got off ebay had been sitting on a shelf for a few years. So it happens, but I'm inclined to think it's not the case here. More likely your bro's memory or nose is a little off.

as for good or bad fakes, well in general I think most people agree that any fake is bad, though I have heard of the occasional one that some think is better then the original. If a fake was as good as the original, chances are it wouldn't be a "fake", it'd be a decent frag!
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads