Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Shipping time to Australia from fragrancex?

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone here has ordered perfume from fragrancex and how long it has taken to arrive. I ordered on May 4th and am still waiting. Should I be worried? TIA

Default Re: Shipping time to Australia from fragrancex?

NEVER and EVER buy any product from FRAGRANCEX.COM
    You can read some complaints about that ***ing fraud site.. I have bought lots of perfumes from them but when the last order (was including 3 different perfumes) has not arrived for years i also made a comment on complaint board..Think twice before buying from FRAGRANCEX...

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...t=datea&page=1

- They do not reply any of your e-mail,
    - They do not send the fragrances eventhough they collect the money from your credit card,
    - Somehow they have never and ever any tracking number,
    - They are careless & arrogant,
    - They are not able to provide proof of delivery even if you ask for it,
    - support@fragrancex.com is totally useless e-mail,
    - They always keep telling "please be patient and your order is on the way"

I had something shipped on the 23/04 that still hasn't arrived at Brisbane yet. Alot of people from Aus haven't recieved their shipments yet, maybe slow because UK parcel got re-sent to the US when the volcano erupted?

Has anyone else from AUS got their fragrances from fragrancex lately?

Quote Originally Posted by maybeamac View Post
    I had something shipped on the 23/04 that still hasn't arrived at Brisbane yet. Alot of people from Aus haven't recieved their shipments yet, maybe slow because UK parcel got re-sent to the US when the volcano erupted?

Has anyone else from AUS got their fragrances from fragrancex lately?
    I think you should file a dispute with Paypal if you paid through paypal.
    If you paid with Credit card directly, then call up your credit card company and dispute the transaction.

No point waiting forever.
    Such a horrible company should be taught a lesson.

I think paypal are going to be inundated with disputes. I don't understand how a company who needs positive word of mouth could care less about their customer service. I am also curious to see if anyone else in Aus has recieved anything lately

Angry Re: Shipping time to Australia from fragrancex?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I think you should file a dispute with Paypal if you paid through paypal.
    If you paid with Credit card directly, then call up your credit card company and dispute the transaction.
    Do you think my credit card company will help me? (I'm not in Australia, I didn't pay through paypal this time.)
    It would be great if you reply to me

I bought perfume from fragrancex about two months ago but I haven't receieved them yet. They just said "please wait".

Quote Originally Posted by nina7 View Post
    Do you think my credit card company will help me? (I'm not in Australia, I didn't pay through paypal this time.)
    It would be great if you reply to me

I bought perfume from fragrancex about two months ago but I haven't receieved them yet. They just said "please wait".
    I think you can just call up your credit card company and explain them the situation.
    More often than not you are quite protected from fraudulent online purchases.
    If you pay for something online, using your credit card and you don't receive the goods, you can most certainly file a chargeback.

I hope this helps.

Has anyone received an order to Australia?

Hello Katrina,

Sure, I've bought a few things from FragranceX but they are notoriously slow.

Recently I ordered two bottles through FragranceNET on Thursday 9 December which was posted on 12 December, and delivered here on 31 December.

I ordered three bottles in one lot from FragranceX on 20 November 2010 and they still haven't arrived!
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 13th January 2011 at 02:28 AM.

Hi Dr_Rudi
    Thank you for your reply I have just called Paypal and they have recommended never to wait past 2 weeks. I ordered on 5/11/2010 and I have not received my order they have recommended I go further. I am glad you have some good news but I am sorry I cannot say the same.
    In searching the happens frequently, too often to trust this supplier.
    Have a great day.
    Many thanks.
    Cheers
    Katrina

Hi Katrina,

I know from some previous threads, that FragranceX can easily take 7-8 weeks to ship to Australia. Did you get email confirmation of your order, and email advice of a shipping date - ie, when FragranceX say they shipped it?

Hi Dr_Rudi
    Thank you for your reply yes I received an email but no goods I will advise if I ever receive it
    Thanks again
    cheers
    Katrina

Thumbs down Re: Shipping time to Australia from fragrancex?

Hi Tia

I too bought from Fragrancex for Christmas presents. $178 purchase in November 2010 and still nothing. I read on their testimonials that people were waiting up to 8 weeks so thought all would be good but I am very disappointed. I have even lost my opportunity to claim thru PayPal as it is over the 45 days. I received a purchase from the US which I made at the same time, 10 days later. I hate to say this but I think we have lost our money.

I am going to email them and tell them I am going to leave VERY NEGATIVE feedback on every site I can find. I have always dealt with Strawberry Net and never had a problem, I won't buy from these people again.
    Keep me posted.

Loz (Sydney Australia)

Hi Katrina

Good on you, I was too late for PayPal as I kept believing what FragranceX kept telling me - to wait. Looks like I have lost my money but I hope you can recover yours.

Let us know how you go.

Loz

Man, I thought it only happened to me! I placed an order on the 15 December and still am waiting. I queried the delay with them by e-mail and they told me it's on it's way. However they did mention that they didn't have tracking number, so I had to be patient. I may need to speak to my credit card company soon.

Hi Loz
    As Alex said below You can go to your Credit Card Company and file a dispute, paypal advised me they can do something once your bank raises a dispute.
    Good luck to you all I havent given up yet!!
    cheers
    Katrina

I think Australia Post is a farce, to be honest!
    For a start, we have no way of tracing INCOMING international parcels on the auspost website, and second, they are clearly struggling with their Xmas backlog!

I ordered something from fragrancenet on Nov 30th, which was shipped on Dec 1st (6 weeks ago), yet nothing has arrived.
    I am waiting for something like 6 parcels!

Hang in there guys. I've had to wait 10+ weeks in the past. I've also had orders which were over two weeks apart arrive on the same day. I don't believe they actually get sent on the day they say. I think they get a sticker put on them and we get a shipping confirmation and then the parcel gets thrown into a collective bin waiting for enough parcels to add up so fragrancex gets a bulk shipping discount with which ever cheap shipping company they use in order to provide us free shipping. When I was waiting for my parcels there were many others around Aus waiting too for various times (from as little as two weeks to 10+ like me) and they all seemed to arrive within a couple of days of each other. Coincidence? Doubt it.

Most of my orders at FragranceX arrived safe and sound. However, some people is having problems with that.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Thanks Katrina I will get on to that tomorrow and will let you know what happens.
    Loz

SOOOO happy to read this thread, I ordered from Sydney on 17/11/2010 for xmas gifts and have received nothing- they told me it was shipped on 19/11/2010. and the support service replied with this:

Thank you for your email and for ordering with FragranceX.com. Please notethat your order shipped on November 19th by postal service airmail and isin transit. Some shipments may be delayed by security in customs, and we apologize forthis delay. Your package is on its way and will arrive soon; however, we donot have any tracking information. We appreciate your patience and lookforward to serving you again soon.

The last order I made over 12 months ago arrived within weeks. I truley hope they have a backlog or it is being held up in customs as I spent a few hundred dollars!!- I wont write off my chances just yet!

I am still waiting for goods ordered on the 15th November with this company. Co-incidentally my wife ordered from them also at a similar time, no sign of those goods either.

Very disappointing so far but some slim hope remains judging by this thread...

I just posted on another thread - applies to this one too;
    I am so glad I found this thread, I ordered on 24/11/10 and like everyone else get the same reply....I have contacted my Credit Card company who are refunding my money and will investigate on my behalf. A pity I really wanted the perfumes, but will have to order through another site.

I even offered Fragrance X to send me a second order and if I got both would pay for both.....they could have gotten TWO sales out of me! I will never use them again! If they had better customer service I might consider them but their service is the worst I have ever experienced.

Just to add I ordered same time last year from them and received within 2 weeks - was so impressed..but not anymore! At least I now know that if my package does eventually arrive then I can notify my Credit Card company and pay, but until then - happy to get my money back so I know I have not just lost $140.

I am still waiting delivery of an order which was shipped on 17/11/2010. I have received the usual automated reply to my email messages and have also rang them. I have been told that there was big problems with deliveries of parcels shipped in November due to some shipments being re-routed due to adverse weather conditions, They assure me that I will receive the parcel but am beginning to loose confidence in the integrity of Fragrance X.

my wife placed a $200 order 28/8/10, (150 days ago!) which fragranceX claim was shipped 27/8/10 (prob due to time difference.)
    still have not received it.
    our first query was fobbed off with the ususal 'just wait, held up at customs" LIES.
    subsequent emails have been ignored.
    telephone queries with customs say there is no holdup.

i emailed them today demanding the consignment note for the shipment, as our receipt at time of purchase states we would be able to track the parcel.
    logging in to their website and attempting to track the parcel says 'no tracking available'

i also pointed out that they are in breach of contract, and if they dont give me a bloody good response ASAP i intend to sue the buggery out of them.
    there is also the fact of the deceptive and misleading conduct they engage in ie. a receipt stating a tracking number for delivery, which is 'not available' after you log into their website.
    in Australian law they are committing multiple breaches of the Trade Practices Act 1974, and i assume they have similar legislation in the states.

i am thinking we all need to email the New York media and possibly Police with the stories of this companies THEFT, and shoddy business practices.
    if you 'sell' something, and take someones money, if you don't provide the goods it is THEFT, a criminal offence, even in the USA.

C'mon fragranceX- where is your proof, that you promise to be available even in the receipt of purchase, that the goods have actually been sent, and that your business is not just a front for shamsters and criminals?

I am with you, let's all get together and see what we can do?
    Loz

You are very lucky, I paid by VISA debit card and no such luck with them and because of all their 'standard' email and false hope, I missed the 45 days to claim on PayPal. I have lost $178 but learned a very good lesson!!!

I have just come across a website www.consumeraffairs.com where you can air your complaints about American companies. Maybe it's worth all of us giving it a go BUT when I went to send my complaint it said that it CAPTCHA TEXT I used was invalid??? Can someone else give it a try and see how you go - thanx Loz

I have ordered from them a few of times. Yes, they are so slow that I had given up (and had moved past and no longer wanted the particular frags) by the time they arrived. The parcels all had documentation that insufficient postage had been paid. I am surmising that they offer free postage and then don't pay properly for it, and hence it takes forever. I am pretty sure that once I bypassed the free postage, paid the extra, and received the order in a few weeks. This may also explain why some people never receive their orders. I was surprised that mine actually arrived at all, when they were marked insufficient postage. There are probably many sitting in postal centres around the world - never to reach their destinations - or one would think - maybe returned to sender? If that was the case then they would surely know what was going on. I won't order from them again - that's for sure, but I think they actually do process the orders. Again, it appears that they skimp on the postage and we suffer.

but Aust post would drop a card off, item to collect and charge you the extra postage.
    they are a professional business, and i'm sure the US Postal service is also.