Code of Conduct

Default Geranium Pour Monsieur -- sillage and longevity?

I'm really diggin' GPM lately and I've been wanting to purchase a FB to wear a lot this summer as it's quite refreshing and energizing. I just want to know more about its sillage and longevity. I intend to wear it in London and New York this summer, so I'll probably be out in the heat most of the day, which I believe GPM will bloom even more. What are you thoughts folks?

Thumbs up Re: Geranium Pour Monsieur -- sillage and longevity?

Both fantastic on me
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Geranium Pour Monsieur -- sillage and longevity?

I was quite surprised how long this lasted on me. I was not expecting such tenacity from such a refreshing scent. Good choice for the summer.

Regards,
    Steve

Thnx you guys! I read in a couple of the reviews of how lasting it was for a refreshing scent, but you both validated it! I'll be smellin' minty fresh all summer long then!

Longevity & sillage, both are moderate at best, on my skin. Most FM offerings are not sillage monsters generally. Re-application may be necessary if you are looking for some decent sillage from this one. When I wear it (not very often though), I just get about 5-6 hours from it, which I think is not bad for a summer fragrance but still it leaves a lot to be desired since sillage is not that pronounced either.

I put 2 sprays of this to the back of my neck yesterday and morning around 7 am and I could smell it until about 3 pm. Also with just 2 sprays the sillage was really strong and I was afraid I had put on too much. It may also have to do with the location of the sprays.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I think I'm with gupts on this. I get a lot of sillage and longevity out of Noir Epices, but Une Fleur de Cassie (which I adore and admire) and Geranium pour Monsieur (which I have sampled twice now and still have not come to a conclusion whether I would prefer this over Jardin du Nil by MPG) are on a 5 hours range and then fade to a longlasting very-close-to-the-skin-scent.
    I think you will simply have to judge from your own body chemistry.

Moderate. I get 4-5 hours

My husband wears GPM, and it is a sillage monster with infinite staying power. I really love it on him. However, even in the winter, it is too strong for the workplace with just a tiny spritz. Everyone also focuses on the opening notes, but GPM eventually does an about face and transitions to a spicy cinnamon / clove heart. The way this is done is a credit to Dominic Ropion's genius, but with angelica in the top, which persists longer than many realize, you get a strong Jagermeister smell. Maybe this is too much for summer wear?

I think it's a great scent. Longevity and sillage for me are just fine.

Long lasting juice. Use it as mouthwash, and you'll only have to brush once a day
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!