Code of Conduct

Default Geranium Pour Monsieur -- sillage and longevity?

I'm really diggin' GPM lately and I've been wanting to purchase a FB to wear a lot this summer as it's quite refreshing and energizing. I just want to know more about its sillage and longevity. I intend to wear it in London and New York this summer, so I'll probably be out in the heat most of the day, which I believe GPM will bloom even more. What are you thoughts folks?

Thumbs up Re: Geranium Pour Monsieur -- sillage and longevity?

Both fantastic on me
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Jicky by Guerlain

Default Re: Geranium Pour Monsieur -- sillage and longevity?

I was quite surprised how long this lasted on me. I was not expecting such tenacity from such a refreshing scent. Good choice for the summer.

Regards,
    Steve

Thnx you guys! I read in a couple of the reviews of how lasting it was for a refreshing scent, but you both validated it! I'll be smellin' minty fresh all summer long then!

Longevity & sillage, both are moderate at best, on my skin. Most FM offerings are not sillage monsters generally. Re-application may be necessary if you are looking for some decent sillage from this one. When I wear it (not very often though), I just get about 5-6 hours from it, which I think is not bad for a summer fragrance but still it leaves a lot to be desired since sillage is not that pronounced either.

I put 2 sprays of this to the back of my neck yesterday and morning around 7 am and I could smell it until about 3 pm. Also with just 2 sprays the sillage was really strong and I was afraid I had put on too much. It may also have to do with the location of the sprays.

I think I'm with gupts on this. I get a lot of sillage and longevity out of Noir Epices, but Une Fleur de Cassie (which I adore and admire) and Geranium pour Monsieur (which I have sampled twice now and still have not come to a conclusion whether I would prefer this over Jardin du Nil by MPG) are on a 5 hours range and then fade to a longlasting very-close-to-the-skin-scent.
    I think you will simply have to judge from your own body chemistry.

Moderate. I get 4-5 hours

My husband wears GPM, and it is a sillage monster with infinite staying power. I really love it on him. However, even in the winter, it is too strong for the workplace with just a tiny spritz. Everyone also focuses on the opening notes, but GPM eventually does an about face and transitions to a spicy cinnamon / clove heart. The way this is done is a credit to Dominic Ropion's genius, but with angelica in the top, which persists longer than many realize, you get a strong Jagermeister smell. Maybe this is too much for summer wear?

I think it's a great scent. Longevity and sillage for me are just fine.

Long lasting juice. Use it as mouthwash, and you'll only have to brush once a day
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!