Code of Conduct

Default Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis

I decided that since this is such a classic fragrance, I have to give it a try. But while browsing through the Neiman Marcus website, I noticed that they listed a Shalimar EdP as well as a Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis edition.

I do not see it's description here on basenotes, so I'm wondering if anybody knows if this is a strange-ish flanker to Shalimar, or is it just an exercise in marketing/re-packaging?

Thanks!

Default Re: Shalimar Oiseau de Paradis

Itīs a limited eition but the juice is a classical Shalimar.

The Oiseau de Paradis is a limited edition bottle decorated with feathers. They also now have one with a gold Guerlain charm.

Same juice, just a different ornament on the bottle.
    Last edited by Primrose; 28th May 2010 at 04:20 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thanks! I tried it today (the unadorned one) and I love it! The warm spicy/smoky vanilla. Even though I'm close to overflowing with vanilla based orientals, I just had to get it. Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by supperman View Post
    Thanks! I tried it today (the unadorned one) and I love it! The warm spicy/smoky vanilla. Even though I'm close to overflowing with vanilla based orientals, I just had to get it. Very nice
    The newer Eau de Shalimar can be bought at discount at places like Marshall's, so keep an eye out for this one, too.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.