Code of Conduct

Question Some questions about Chanel Coco Mademoiselle please help!

I just received a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle from a swap from a different website. I am no expert on authenticating things, but have researched various places. The best two places for this particular fragrance I found are http://makeupalley.com/m_106274103 and http://reviews.ebay.com/PHOTO-GUIDE-...00000003826142

Though after reading these I am still unsure. The key thing I am concerned about is the serial number/code. If a bottle does not have one does it guarantee that it is fake?

What are some know possible locations of the serial number?

Is the cap made of glass?

Also, are the labels stickers? (the bottom, the center logo, and the ring around the cap)

I am sorry for all the questions, but if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Some questions about Chanel Coco Mademoiselle please help!

Please post pictures if you can. This will help.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

The only things I am concerned about is lack of serial number and the sticker label. I am not 100% sure about the scent itself because I have not tried the scent in months so my memory of it may not be accurate. Though the lasting power is great, which adds to my confusion since I've been under the impression that fakes fade quickly.

In the pictures the label is a a little off center and scratched, and the label around the cap is as well. I am not sure if this is a problem since there was some leaking in transit and then I had to wash it, so it may be water damage, or the alcohol content may have damaged it while in transit.

Exactly this off-centering and imperfect label makes me think it's fake. I am not sure, just indications.

The crooked labels do look suspicious. I suppose the alcohol in the leaked perfume could have made the stickers come loose and drift a little. I don't want to get my own bottle and experiment, though!
    Last edited by Thalia; 28th May 2010 at 11:54 PM.

Aren't Chanel frags, like most French houses, produced and bottled in France? My YSL, Azzaro and Gaultier bottles all have "Made in France" printed on the bottom. "Chanel Inc" and the New York area code make me suspicious, but I don't own any Chanel bottles, so I could be wrong. But yeah, hard to believe Chanel would allow that kind of sloppy labeling to slip through. My guess is you've got a fairly well-done fake, but again, I could be wrong.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I'm still unsure about this.

I too thought it should say made in France, though the pictures of the authentic bottle have the same made in new york label on it, so I'm not concerned about that part.

What makes me think it is real is the bottle itself, all the fakes I have seen have a very thick and uneven bottom. This one appears to be the same as the real, where the rainbow like glass shape is the same

Example:

I am pretty sure I read about Chanel having a factory somewhere in NJ.

My bottle says made in New York too.

Is the label at the bottom a sticker? And is the cap supposed to be made of glass?

No the cap can be made of plastic so that's not a problem. The problem I think is that the plastic cap looks cheap; it looks like a cap that I had when I bought online a fake Coco EDP (similar bottle).

Anyway, I was at a female friend's house yesterday and she has a bottle of the Coco Mlle in her bathroom in open view; and I distinctly recall the cap looking like the cap of my Coco EDP.

My prediction is that it's a fake. Sorry.
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I hate it when there's even the slightest hint that a fragrance may be a fake. It may not even be a fake but the suspicions will just ruin it completely for me. I'd probably just offload it and buy the real deal from the Chanel boutique. Btw what did you swap in exchange for this bottle? A transaction which clearly favored you might give an inkling to whether this is legit.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 31st May 2010 at 05:11 PM.