Code of Conduct

Default When do you spritz and how often do you reapply?

I thought it might be interesting to find out at what time we put on our perfumes
    and how often during the day we all reapply (if at all.)

As for me, I put scent on as I leave the house (around 7.45 on a working day) or I put some
    on after my shower/bath in the morning.

I usually reapply around lunchtime and then again in the late afternoon, unless I
    decide to change my scent for the evening.

Very occasionally I forget to put on perfume, so I always have spare samples and botles in the car,
    in my handbag and at work.

Default Re: When do you spritz and how often do you reapply?

I believe someone has asked about this berfore.

I put on perfume as a part of my morning routine. I seldom reapply, but I might put on something else in the evening or fill my arms with sample-juice.
    parfyme.moo.no - et norsk parfymeforum
    Blog

I apply in the morning before work, and rarely reapply during the day. When I get home in the evening, I usually put on another fragrance. On the weekends, I sometimes switch fragrances three times during the day and night.

Same as cello, only sometimes I apply -- mostly testing -- early in the morning before the bath as I am reading BN posts -- as seen that somebody said something about the fragrance or it was mentioned on our SotD thread -- and then I wash it off during the morning bathing routine. Then as cello, almost never reapply during the day.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I apply when I get dressed in the morning, unless I really have no particular inclination to wear scent. In that case I may go back and apply later according to my mood.

If it is a light scent , I may reapply before going out to do errands. If I am taking a day trip with my family, I may bring along a 5 ml. atomizer of the scent so I can reapply later.

And if the scent wears off and I'm ready to put on something else, that is when you'll see me post my SotA or SotE.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 28th May 2010 at 12:34 PM.

I apply after my morning shower, just before getting dressed. I sometimes reapply when I come home after work (I'm not supposed to wear fragrance for work, but I do it anyway...). Sometimes I put on something different before going to bed.

Depending on what I wear and what strength it is, knowing I'm not actually allowed to smell, I tend to spritz on my wrists, behind the ears and between 'the sisters'.

Basenotes Institution

Sometimes I apply when I wake up - just because ! My skin is warm and perfume smells damned good on my skin 1st thing in the morning. Better than any other time during the day or night.
    I apply again after my shower and I generally change my scent up to three times in a day depending on how long lasting the scent is.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I shower in the evening, so I apply scent while getting dressed in the morning, and then enjoy it all day.

I apply my scents when I'm about to go out for more than 10 minutes.
    Although rarely, I reapply during the day if it's a long, overly social day.

oh, and I keep a light lavender+citrus cologne on my home desk, and I spritz whenever I feel like freshening up.
    Last edited by sarıpatates; 28th May 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Sometimes I apply when I wake up - just because ! My skin is warm and perfume smells damned good on my skin 1st thing in the morning. Better than any other time during the day or night.
    I apply again after my shower and I generally change my scent up to three times in a day depending on how long lasting the scent is.
    LOL! Mimi, I also spray in the morning. I usu. reach for Cologne Imperiale because it's a wake-me-up! Reappliation depends on the scent, and I carry five small atomisers with me for freshening up. Right now, I have Field Notes From Paris (Ineke), Derby, Cuir de Russie, Pour Un Homme, and Habit Rouge in a rollerball applicator so I can be lavish with it!
    Last edited by Primrose; 28th May 2010 at 04:08 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

For me it depends on the perfume. I rarely reapply EdP or EdT, but there are some parfums that I like to apply several times throughout the day, as reapplication doesn't make the fragrance any stronger, but can bring out interesting facets. With Jicky, for example, the dry resin in the base really only shows up after several hours, and reapplication can help it along. I wish I could afford to experiment with all of my favourites to find out ways to highlight my favourite parts of the mix but I'm too mean... Once upon a time I had an accident with a bottle of Bois des Iles, and it was one of the most awe-inspiring things I have ever smelled. When I win the lottery, I'm going to empty a bottle of the parfum over myself daily
    Last edited by sean-dt; 28th May 2010 at 05:48 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    When I win the lottery, I'm going to empty a bottle of the parfum over myself daily
    *LOL* That's what I feel too !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hillaire

I apply a good amount when I dress before I take my son to school. I reapply before meeting clients, as I will usually re-dress, too. I apply before going out for dinners, though I pass if I eat at home. I bathe at night and slather on all the stuff then, before bed. It's then I tend to test out new scents and samples, too.

I typically apply a fragrance in the morning and then again in the evening. Most often it's two separate fragrances.

In the morning just before I dress and put on my jewellery. I let the fragrance dry before dressing. Never reapply and never carry fragrance round with me. I have nightmares of the bottle getting smashed in my handbag.
    DONNA

In the morning after shower. Normally I don't reapply. Many fragrances lasts all day. But for example Escale a Portofino has to be reapplyed because it doesen't last. Or perhaps I wear something else in the evening then. On weekends I sometimes don't shower until rather late and then I sometimes sample in the morning.