Code of Conduct

Default Which frags are so precious to you that you keep back-up bottles of?

I am wondering... be it you fear discontinuation, reformulation, unavailability etc.
    Actually, I have thought about this with a couple of mine, but eventually ended up only with three:
    Chergui (I confess - 2 - bell jars, because I think these are richer - black labeled - in the Chergui way and I fear they could be gone given the 'history' of Chergui))
    Rose de Nuit (this is so special, though difficult and challenging to wear. It might serve me until my last day, so I may have to include it in my last will )
    Une Fleur de Cassie (another totally unique and so incredibly beautiful one)

How about your 'secret stocks'?

Default Re: Which frags are so precious to you that you keep back-up bottles of?

Two bottles of Liquid Karl by Lagerfeld,two bottles of Polo Crest and then,erm,eight bottles of Bogner Snow Man...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which frags are so precious to you that you keep back-up bottles of?

Well I haven't actually stocked the backup bottles yet, but I'm starting to think that Grey Flannel and Yatagan are contenders for the 'ol apocalypse trunk. With new regulations concerning oakmoss, and Caron's penchant for reinventing their wheels, I can see these being endangered species.

Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier (Limited edition)
    Versace L'Homme (Found a pre-reformulation bottle)
    Domenico Caraceni 1913 (Inspired by an irrational rookie BN fear that it might be discontinued)
    Last edited by StylinLA; 29th May 2010 at 04:42 PM.

PdN New York and Nicolai Pour Homme. It seems PdN have been reformulating - I also have 30mls of the original Odalisque & Sacrebleu.
    Tiffany for Men, which I suspect will change - it's just too good to be true.
    Yatagan (see above post).
    Chergui - pre colour change.
    Villoresi Uomo - no reason, just feel safer.
    Maxims Pour Homme - that one's already gone, basically, but it's very inexpensive if you can find it.
    Eau de Patou - found a couple of bottles along with Patou Pour Homme . . . but I'm straying into discontinued territory so I'll shut up now.

Anything where Oakmoss plays a part is worth keeping an eye on - as I understand it (still not really clear on this) oakmoss is still legit but only in a quantity whereby you might as well not bother anyway. I want to have at least a handful of 'classics' so I can enjoy a lingering trace of this artform for a decade or two and my son can wear the real deal if and when he feels like it.

The whole thing about citrus has me baffled . . . are they really going after that as well?
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 5th October 2010 at 09:30 AM.

Original Route du Vetiver

Use the SEARCH function - that's why it's there.

Blog Entries

Mitsouko, Mitsouko EDP, Mitsouko EDT, Vol de Nuit, Tumulte, L'heure Bleue EDP, Ambre Gris, Vent Vert, Salvador Dali Pour Home, Chamade EDP, Chamade EDT, Un Jardin Sur le Nil, Theorema, Jaipur EDP, Jaipur EDT, Encre Noir, Habit Rouge, Nahema, Molinard Pour Home II, Ho Hang, Le Parfum.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 29th May 2010 at 09:41 PM.

For me, nothing.

IF they were going out of production, I would get a backup of HdP 1828, Montale Royal Aoud, Acqua di Parma Colonia, Guerlain Eau du Coq, Hermes Rocabar and that is pretty much it. I would back up Creed's Feuille Verte if I could, but that isn't possible.

i have an acqua di parma, musc ravageur and ambre sultan.

Off-Scenter

Globe
    Ungaro II
    Patou pour Homme
    Knize Ten

Vintage Parfum d'Habit, Santal Noble, and Iris Bleu Gris
    Vintage Dia
    Havana (in case they discontinue it again)
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 30th May 2010 at 01:10 AM.

This thread raises a question: How long can you keep cologne stockpiled before it goes bad?

I've had designer frags stored for a while that were just fine, but is there a limit?

Genghis Khan
    Siecle
    Gatsby
    C'est Magique
    Balafre

Zino Davidoff

Jaipur EDP

Arpege Pour Homme

Ho Hang

AromiErotici

Balenciaga Pour Homme
    Giorgio VIP
    Ungaro I & II
    Punjab
    Eau de Patou
    Moschino Pour Homme
    Monsieur Carven
    Original Antaeus
    MCM Success
    MCM 24 Hour Evening
    Lancome Sagamore

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

As of now, I have backup bottles of;

2x POISON, vintage EdT
    1x DIOR ADDICT
    1x DIOR HOMME INTENSE
    1x OBSESSION FOR WOMEN

Other than that, I have multible bottles of;
    SUN MOON STARS; CURIOUS; SHALIMAR
    GAULTIER▓; N░5 EdP; DOLCE VITA; L'AIR
    DU TEMPS
    ; POUR MONSIEUR; and M7.
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 30th May 2010 at 01:39 PM.

Givenchy Vetyver
    Floris Vetiver
    MPG Santal Noble (vintage)
    MPG Racine (vintage)
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Patou pour Homme
    Bois du Portugal
    and
    MPG Santal Noble

Red for men Giorgio Beverly Hills - I keep adding to my surplus I know this baby will be discontinued again and I want to be prepared!!!!!!!!!!

Did I tell you all how much I love this scent?

I don't backstock ones that are in current production. But I buy Giorgio For Men and KL Homme frequently since GFM has already been discontinued again and KLH has been gone for a long time. I keep it in the 'fridge and no problems with them "turning" but I would expect some other frags might.

Quote Originally Posted by TricsMan View Post
    Patou pour Homme
    Bois du Portugal
    and
    MPG Santal Noble
    Great section. I have 3 bottles of Patou PH carefully stored in a dry, dark (basement) room.

No back-ups yet
    Im the be$t @ thi$

At the moment, just L'Arte di Gucci.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Red for men Giorgio Beverly Hills - I keep adding to my surplus I know this baby will be discontinued again and I want to be prepared!!!!!!!!!!

Did I tell you all how much I love this scent?
    Hard to pass up when this and Giorgio For Men are both so deeply discounted at TJmaxx.

Patou Pour Homme
    Eau de Patou
    Guerlain Vetiver (vintage) EDT
    Trumper Sandalwood Cologne
    Chanel Egoiste Cologne Concentree
    Ungaro I
    Sel de Vetiver
    YSL Opium pour homme EDP
    YSL M7 (vintage)
    YSL M7 Fresh (vintage)
    YSL Jazz (vintage plastic bottle)
    Balenciaga pour Homme
    Lancetti via Condotti pour homme
    Chanel Antaeus (vintage)
    Amouage Gold (vintage)
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    MPG Parfum D'Habit (vintage)

I had backups of Rochas Macassar too but I got rid of them.

Bvlgari Black
    Eau Sauvage
    Guerlain Vetiver