Code of Conduct

Thread: Shaikh + more

Default Shaikh + more

I showed my Saudi friend Ambre Sultan today and she loved it, and showed me Shaikh.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/kosmet...oducts_id=6729

Anybody tried this?

Also, that site has some expeeeensive stuff on it, a lot I havent found on the sites most of us are familiar with (luckyscent, beautyhabit, etc)

Default Re: Shaikh + more

Also, a little trivia for y'all. Amouage means "waves," and Ajmal means "prettier"/"more beautiful."

Haven't tried the Shaik line, but I've seen it at our Sephora. Might have to give it a spritz next time...
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Basenotes Institution

I looked at this just yesterday at the website above. Very interesting but expensive and the bottles are a little strange looking.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I've tried samples of both the Shaik's (from First in Fragrance) and my girlfriend has tried both of the women's. She didn't like them, but I like both of the men's. I prefer no.70 of the two which is actually the cheapest as well. No.77 is pleasant but it is very sweet, probably due to the amount of vanilla in the bass notes. Neither are stand out fragrances and they both remind me of a few other fragrances out there, but the quality is obvious and they both last a long time on the skin.

I have only tried Blue Opulent Shaik Collection - No. 77 Men so far.
    One thing’s for sure – I am definitely not impressed.
    If you want to describe this scent correctly, just use any epithet you like EXCEPT some of the following: “special”, “original”, “spectacular, “different”…
    My firm organized some job interviews last week. I asked one of the candidates:” Would you please describe that product using only one sentence?”; I didn’t get the most brilliant answer:” Well, its price/quality ratio is so-so, but its price/originality ratio is awful.” (That candidate didn’t get the job, but…) I would gladly use his sentence to describe this scent.
    Last edited by peevish_yolk; 26th May 2010 at 05:27 PM.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I have the Blue Opulent No 77 for Men from the Shaikh line. At least thats what I think it is as it only says 'Shaikh' on the bottle and little else.

I bought it from Dubai airport in 2004 at a discount as it had just been launched and I was talked into it by the pretty Arabic girl at the sales counter!

I have to agree with the previous commenter. It is very disppointing. To my nose it smells similar to Joop pour Homme. I'm not a great fan of Joop anymore so in my eyes this particular Shaikh is not a winner. It is very strong and wears like an EdP. On steroids. I have to say though that every time I have worn it I've gotten many compliments from both women and men. Personally though I just don't like the juice.

The bottle itself is wonderful and ornate. I currently have it sitting on the window ledge in my bathroom and use it as a very expensive air freshener! The bottle came encased in a big blue casket. Really very impressive packaging. The bottle has a blue sapphire-style jewel in the cap. Its certainly something I will never throw out. Its very attractive.

I realise this doesn't actually address the fragrance the original poster was talking about but I thought i'd throw my two cents in on the Shaikh line anyway!

Living in Saudi Arabia and a being a frequent visitor to Bahrain, I've sampled the Designer Shaik products a number of times over the past several years. I have never thought enough of any of them to buy a bottle.

I agree with the previous two posts. There is nothing about any of these scents that distinguish them from many much cheaper fragrances. If you are after good quality Arabian style fragrances, there are many better choices than these.

noggs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post
    Haven't tried the Shaik line, but I've seen it at our Sephora. Might have to give it a spritz next time...
    What!? There's no way they carry it at Sephora.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

Perhaps you meant to say there's no way they carry it at Sephora in USA. The gentleman you were replying to has "KSA" as his location, and it stands for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    What!? There's no way they carry it at Sephora.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Perhaps you meant to say there's no way they carry it at Sephora in USA. The gentleman you were replying to has "KSA" as his location, and it stands for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
    Ohhh, my apologies! Jeez, I'm dumb, how could I have missed that!? Sorry for the mess-up, and no offense meant.

Edit: I must have been just looking at the American Flag, and didn't look closer at the location. D'oh!
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 27th May 2010 at 03:47 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Sorry for the mess-up, and no offense meant.
    No problem, and no offense taken. Shaikh @ Sephora? I mean, it does sound odd.

You know, over here you have a bunch of perfume stores being licensed out to one big parent company. Old stock gets rotated and shared out between the stores. It gets mixed with the new stock and new releases, and the result is a real hodge-podge.

Want an original Fahrenheit travel atomizer? Check out Sephora. Some late 90's Habit Rouge edt? Yep. Sephora, again. Lol. It's likely that the Shaikh perfumes are cast-offs from a local chain.

I don't mean to say that my local Sephora is a dumping ground, only that it's inconsistent. The real dumping-ground [read gold mine] is the "souq", where the original formula, discontinued, and discounted stock ends up.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

In Russia they carries Shaikhs in Sephora-L`Etoile and in Iles de Beaute chains.
    Usually it hides away from your sight, as not many customers interested to pay 300-500 bucks for silver-crystal bottle alone (scents are not so original and appealing). But I suppose they doing good in sales as formal presents.
    It`s a good niche marketing, I believe.

Should be more other brands that serves the idea of souvenir-present perfume. Like Goutal candles, Hermes carres, etc.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

That's disappointing to hear. My friend said that the women's line from Shaikh sucks, but that she loves the chic for men. What other scents does it smell like, if it's unoriginal?