• ormonde man

4 4.82%
  • chanel sycomore

4 4.82%
  • killian a taste of heaven

2 2.41%
  • lorenzo villoresi uomo

1 1.20%

Default highly subjective poll on niche reviews i found interesting in the a-z guide

better known as the baller version of my previous thread. i was a little surprised with the results of that one. this one i have no clue as to how it will turn out and while i can afford to buy the top 3 of my previous thread since the top2 can be had for very cheap this will only be a 1 frag thing. again just choose what you like without taking to account price and trying to build a versatile wardrobe. thanks!

Default Re: highly subjective poll on niche reviews i found interesting in the a-z guide

I own and love several listed but if it came down to it I'd have to choose the least flamboyant of the lot and the one I wear most (even more than New York) - which means I'll probably account for the sole vote for Uomo in this poll

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: highly subjective poll on niche reviews i found interesting in the a-z guide

I have not smelt quite a lot on the list, but of those i know and own, Amouage Gold Men.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I have not smelt quite a lot on the list, but of those i know and own, Amouage Gold Men.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Blog Entries

Go Chergui!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Blog Entries

It was a tough call between Bois du Portugal and Jubilation XXV, but I have a most awesome bottle of BdP, and it just smells amazing, so I put my vote where my juice is.

Off-Scenter

A very nice selection there! I think well of most on your list, but my personal favorite of the lot is probably Dia. Gold, Ambre Précieux, Black Aoud, Ciel, L'Air du Desert Marocain, Jubilation XXV, Sycomore, and Muscs Koublaï Khan all rate especially highly with me as well.

This is a tough list! Chergui for me, since it'll win in almost any poll it's put in for me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Amouage Lyric Man for me, of course. Only the finest rose (that is actually rose dominant, unlike say, Rose 31) for men that's on the market. It is ethereal and mysterious, romantic, alluring. Deep and spicy and yet light and green. A masterpiece!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by sculptureofsoul View Post
    amouage lyric man for me, of course. Only the finest rose (that is actually rose dominant, unlike say, rose 31) for men that's on the market. It is ethereal and mysterious, romantic, alluring. Deep and spicy and yet light and green. A masterpiece!
    same here
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Of that list, Iris Silver Mist. It's not something I'd wear a lot, but I like it a good deal.

bdp my favorite fragrance ever, sadly it can be tough to wear all the time

Problem with these kinds of threads is that they don't tell you which frag is best (an impossible task, anyhow) but only which is the most popular around here, and popularity does not necessarily coincide with quality.

If I were the OP I'd just try to track down samples of all of the frags listed in the poll. It may seem like a waste of money, spending $100 or so on samples. Of course, if you don't sample, it's only a 1 in 18 (you've got 18 frags listed there) chance that you'd randomly pick the one that you actually would like the most if you had sniffed all of them. Hell, you may not think ANY of them are worth the money, after sampling.

If your list was more focused to a specific note or style and you had more experience with those types of scents in the past I might not be so opposed to a blind buy, but here it seems like a total crapshoot. Save yourself disappointment (and money, in the long run)... sample the niche scents you are interested in. You can get 3 or more wearings out of a 1ml sample, and it can often take 3 or so wearings to fully understand/grasp a new scent. Take your time and enjoy.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I give you the advice from own experience... sample Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain first (I see it listed second here). I did and disliked it a lot, although I found the notes listed and reviews very tempting and nearly a safe bet. It's just not how I would like to smell...

Good list with several that I love (I wanted to love BdP because I'm a Lusophile, but no... I should try my samples again). I have decants of many of these and I in fact I'm awaiting a decant of Dia, but nothing moves me the same way Jubilation XXV does.

1 l'air du desrt
    2 ambre precieux
    3 bdp
    4 pdn new york

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

My interest in niche frags is close to zero,
    so the only one of those, I've actually tryed
    is Sycomore de Chanel ... so it got my vote!

Blog Entries

I voted for Amouage Gold. I suspect either LDDM or Chergui would be most popular around here
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Of that list, Iris Silver Mist. It's not something I'd wear a lot, but I like it a good deal.
    Initially I went for Black Aoud, my "compliment whore" but as soon as I saw ISM on that list I knew I had to bow before the sheer elegance and understatement. A very personal scent.

I chose Chanel Sycomore, but I would not classify Chanel as niche by a longshot.

I would categorise Chanel as design house with fragrances....and some exclusives.
    Last edited by Primrose; 1st June 2010 at 12:13 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

There are several. Is there a point to have to choose among them?

From this list, a clear, unambiguous vote in favor of Creed BDP, while all these frags on this list are masterpieces, still, Bois du Portugal was, when I first smelled it and remains, to me- for good - the most stunningly complex, versatile and hauntingly beautiful niche fragrance ever

Where is Tom Ford Oud Wood, or Creed Erolfa, or Xerjoff UDEN?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Tauer's

Montale Black Aoud - from this 2010 list
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.