Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Egoiste help

Could anyone tell me if this is the current bottle of Egoiste or an older version:

http://www.basenotes.net/album.php?a...achmentid=5937

http://www.basenotes.net/album.php?a...achmentid=5938

Many thanks
    Last edited by morrison74; 29th May 2010 at 07:56 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Default Re: Chanel Egoiste help

I don't own a bottle of egoiste after shave.
    I did a google search on "egoiste after shave" and the juice in the bottles on those pictures is much lighter than the juice in the bottle you posted a picture of.
    The pictures on google also show that the current egoiste after shave bottles are splash and not spray like the bottle in your picture.

I have an after shave splash from circa 1996. Aside from the sprayer, the lid is slightly different, has a smaller profile than the bottle. I also have an after shave spray of Platinum Egoiste from maybe a year later, bottle is identical to your picture except lid is silver and smooth.

FWIW my Egoiste juice is also as dark as your bottle. It's also very potent, regularly used to get complaints from my fellow housemates, mainly female, about stinking the place out

dnc

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    I have an after shave splash from circa 1996. Aside from the sprayer, the lid is slightly different, has a smaller profile than the bottle. I also have an after shave spray of Platinum Egoiste from maybe a year later, bottle is identical to your picture except lid is silver and smooth.

FWIW my Egoiste juice is also as dark as your bottle. It's also very potent, regularly used to get complaints from my fellow housemates, mainly female, about stinking the place out
    dnc
    I have never gotten a negative remark on Egoiste, quite the opposite. To me it's the creme de la creme of men's fragrance. I would suspect younger folks in their 20s wouldn't like however, which means it's great. It's funny because the first time I wore it out somewhere I was sitting next to a huge fan outdoors that blew the fragrance right into my nostrils. At first I thought I was smelling industrial grade lemon cleaner! Then it would morph off and on into a rose scent. It's very potent as you said, which you can forget after repeated wearings. Nonetheless after owning it a year it's my favorite. No easy task with a wardrobe of GIT, Terre d'Hermes and M7 in it.

LOL they weren't complaining about the quality of the smell so much as the quantity!! With Egoiste, certainly in those days, less is definitely more.

Basenotes Institution

The bottle looks like this:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The bottle looks like this:

Hmm. So I'm guessing 'my' bottle (I didn't buy it yet) is either vintage or fake. I'm tempted by the allure of 'vintage' Egoiste but scared of the 'fake' Chanel. I've been dinged by fake Chanel before online. Once bitten, twice shy.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Just looking at the OP pictures again, the lid looks a bit odd, like it's too big for the bottle??

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    Hmm. So I'm guessing 'my' bottle (I didn't buy it yet) is either vintage or fake. I'm tempted by the allure of 'vintage' Egoiste but scared of the 'fake' Chanel. I've been dinged by fake Chanel before online. Once bitten, twice shy.....
    morison74 - the pictures you posted above are of the After Shave NOT the Eau de Toilette, you do understand those are different formulations, which sometimes have different packaging, colors, etc..?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    morison74 - the pictures you posted above are of the After Shave NOT the Eau de Toilette, you do understand those are different formulations, which sometimes have different packaging, colors, etc..?
    Yes, I do understand that- But I can't find Egoiste juice this color anywhere I've looked, for After Shave or EDT.....

Wanted

As a fellow Bner pointed out, the cap doesn't seem to fit and the sprayer tube is also not right....it shouldn't have a 'fat' head. I'm staying away from this one. Another lesson learned. Thanks for all your responses. I really appreciate the help...

Wanted