Code of Conduct

Default Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights - who has tried this yet???????

Jacques Bogart is launching a new fragrance to reveal secrets of Arabian nights through an oriental-fougere-musky story which begins in 2010. This intense composition as bright as the sun aims at man who seduces and attracts attention.

Dark flacon of Arabian Nights is decorated with a golden top and letters, which accentuates the precious and luxurious composition. Its outer carton is also a combination of shiny black and golden nuances. This mysterious Arabian fairy-tale begins with spicy aromas of cardamom, cumin and petit grain. A passionate heart is a blend of patchouli and precious wood, while the essence of Arabian Nights is rounded up with white musk, cedar, vetiver and moss.

Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights has been available since 2010, as 50 and 100ml EDT.

Default Re: Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights - who has tried this yet???????

An Arabian Night without aoud is not an Arabian Night...

I have sampled Bogart Pour Homme and Citytower and they both belong to the oriental family.The House seems to be obsessed with this genre...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Looking forward to trying this. Didn't think Jacques still put of frags.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I'm looking forward to this one too, although I fear that it may be like City Tower and never make a US appearance.

If it's anything like Pour Homme by Bogart, I'll stear clear. Most atomic fragrance I've ever smelled. Takes 3+ showers to get rid of it.

Cheap but strong.

They seem to make frags for guys who want "spiky" (strong and harsh) frags, so I haven't had much interest in trying anything new of theirs.

could be another class release by JB ... never mind the price

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

It's nice to finally see a Middle Eastern themed scent that doesn't contain oud. I'm so sick of all the oud fragrances. Nice bottle too.

JBAN will come next or was already launched?
    Does anybody know??

????????

fragrancedirect.co.uk have this in stock for 19.99 (RRP 47.00). Come on - who's gonna try this out for us all?

I'd like to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    fragrancedirect.co.uk have this in stock for 19.99 (RRP 47.00). Come on - who's gonna try this out for us all?
    I might - I like the sound of the notes, my kind of thing.

By the way, I'd hardly describe Bogart pour Homme as "spiky", it's one of my current faves, really smooth and frankly delicious and lasts for ages.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I might - I like the sound of the notes, my kind of thing.

By the way, I'd hardly describe Bogart pour Homme as "spiky", it's one of my current faves, really smooth and frankly delicious and lasts for ages.
    I can't refer to any Bogart as "Spiky"....it's as if the man (Jacques Bogart) himself, refuses to work with any material which doesn't have low volatility and high tenacity. His scents have no true topnotes. My evidence....they're EDT's !!!
    Last edited by DULLAH; 1st July 2010 at 01:29 AM.

I hope a few guys just go for it and buy this one blind. Come On ! At the least, you can resell on Basenotes.. Blind buys are exciting, anyways. If I had the chance to, I would blind buy this one.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The notes sound really promising....but not sure if it will smell like an oriental or kinda fresh green woody....
    ...i am realy looking forward to trying it....
    no adventurous blind buyers so far??!!!

cheers

Pablo
    Last edited by Halo; 1st July 2010 at 11:47 AM.

Are there still no scouts out there?

If it were available state side, I would get a bottle..

I just received mine two days ago from Fragrance Direct in the UK. Will try it out when I have the chance.

Bravo hednic, go on..

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    The notes sound really promising....but not sure if it will smell like an oriental or kinda fresh green woody....
    I think "insanely powerful Oriental" is a safe bet

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Bravo hednic, go on..
    Yes, very interested in the first impression Hednic

Sur la Plage

Well since it is made in France, is marketed as a men's fragrance and comes in a 100ml bottle, I am sure it will get a big thumbs up - no matter what it smells like. Right?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Well since it is made in France, is marketed as a men's fragrance and comes in a 100ml bottle, I am sure it will get a big thumbs up - no matter what it smells like. Right?
    ?????????????

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    ?????????????
    It's an inside joke.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's an inside joke.....
    ? ?????????????? ?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    ? ?????????????? ?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;;;;;; €€€€€;;; Touch ! ;;;; €€€€€;;;;
    Last edited by easyfish; 15th July 2010 at 09:33 AM.

You forgot another reason for a big thumbs up: its low price compared with niche scents.

Have Bogart ever put out an uninteresting scent? PH, Eau Fresh & Witness are great scents. Even though I'm not much of a fan of 1-Man Show, it certainly smells more interesting than 95% of the frags are there.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Sorry about that, but
    ?????????????????????????

I'm probably going to buy this since I love Pour Homme and Witness. I've just ordered City Tower and from the notes list I suspect I'll like that. (City Tower was an astonishing 9.95 from www.cheapsmells.com)

I'll let you know what I think.

By the way I hate strong Oud notes too, they turn my stomach.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Ok, so I finally got it through the post today.

It can safely be said that this is one of the more unusual orientals for men that I've smelled.

This thing is a sillage MONSTER out of the nozzle, very perfumed and unlike anything else on the market I've smelled of late. The immediate top notes come off as soapy at first, before transmuting into a well, perfume smell. I had to check it was a pour homme at first, let's put it that way.

However, the drydown is really nice, sweet and like nothing I can compare it to immediately. The far drydown reminds me of the opening of Pal Zileri.

It's not unpleasant though once you get through the loud fanfare of the opening.

Despite the notes listed as not containing any particular florals, I would definitely describe it as a floriental for men.

I actually like it. It's a fragrance for the modern Dandy methinks.

For some reason, it reminds me of one of Malle's fragrances but I can't for the life of me remember which one.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Ok, so I finally got it through the post today.

It can safely be said that this is one of the more unusual orientals for men that I've smelled.

This thing is a sillage MONSTER out of the nozzle, very perfumed and unlike anything else on the market I've smelled of late. The immediate top notes come off as soapy at first, before transmuting into a well, perfume smell. I had to check it was a pour homme at first, let's put it that way.

However, the drydown is really nice, sweet and like nothing I can compare it to immediately. The far drydown reminds me of the opening of Pal Zileri.

It's not unpleasant though once you get through the loud fanfare of the opening.

Despite the notes listed as not containing any particular florals, I would definitely describe it as a floriental for men.

I actually like it. It's a fragrance for the modern Dandy methinks.

For some reason, it reminds me of one of Malle's fragrances but I can't for the life of me remember which one.
    Okay, enough said! I am sold on this frag already

Thanks for the insight, HDS1963.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

^^^
    Yes, thanks for that report '63...I'd love to sample this one!
    A masculine floriental that looks like something Omar Sharif would have put out circa 1983! The TV ad would have had the Solid Gold dancers...yeah.

I don't think it has landed stateside yet though, I've checked online and can't find it.
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Anyone had a chance to try this and give us some words?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I just received mine two days ago from Fragrance Direct in the UK. Will try it out when I have the chance.

Hi,thank you for the review.Now,two months later,you might be able to define more precisely to which of Malle's fragrances is similar Arabian nights by J.Bogart?

Just got this today.
    I strongly agree with HDS1963 on several key points:

1. It's very unusual
    2. It's a sillage monster (expected for a bogart)
    3. It's a floriental

On first sniff, the association with Amouage Reflection Man was immediate, it's like a less sweet, less powdery, more woody/bitter/lipsticky version of Amouage Reflection Man. And the resemblance is pretty strong. Maybe I'll wear them both on opposite sides tommorrow for further comparison. But I must say there are lots and lots of shared notes with Reflection, enough where I would recommend an absolutely immediate blind buy to anyone who wants a less sweet less powdery Reflection Man, but still wants that arrogantly clean cloud of opulence, in a more bitter/woody way.

That said, it does also have a certain accord I rememeber from the Malle line alos, one of the more femme ones I didn't like. It also has a tiny correlation with Paco Rabanne's 1 Million, but not in the sweetness or "phony suede texture" departments, it's a supporting note they both share in their heartnotes. There is also a Dior Homme connection, but it's been so long since I tested Dior Home, that I need to again to remember which stage of dior homme contains the similar element.

And one more key thing, this could easily be worn by a woman, EASILY.
    It has several notes I associate with some of the b!tchier arrogant femme scents.
    Maybe there is a Fendi I liked on woman that this shares a note with.
    Matter of fact, this'd be really sexy on a woman.
    I always felt the same way about Reflection Man.
    Try this ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    Hi,thank you for the review.Now,two months later,you might be able to define more precisely to which of Malle's fragrances is similar Arabian nights by J.Bogart?
    The frustrating thing is that I can't remember which one - it's interesting that Dullah too has picked up on the similarity to something in the Malle line and he can't remember which either!

Finally someone writes about this! :P
    Thanks Dullah for taking the time. This sounds pretty great to me, although I have not had any luck with Bogart: One Man Show, Bogart, and Bogart Pour Homme were just not my thing at all.
    But that said, I definitely want to try this. Dullah would you say this frag is a stylistic departure for Bogart, a different direction?
    Were you able to find it in the US?
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    Finally someone writes about this! :P
    Thanks Dullah for taking the time. This sounds pretty great to me, although I have not had any luck with Bogart: One Man Show, Bogart, and Bogart Pour Homme were just not my thing at all.
    But that said, I definitely want to try this. Dullah would you say this frag is a stylistic departure for Bogart, a different direction?
    Were you able to find it in the US?
    Yes, stylistic departure.
    The only thing "bogart" about this scent is it's sillage/longevity, which are as strong as ever.

The thing about most Bogart scents, even the new uber-sweet Bogart Pour Homme and Criminally candy-sweet Lychee/orange blossom/tonka Silver Scent, is that they still seemingly have some older "powerhouse masculine" notes lurking beneath the entire composition. Arabian Nights, so far as I can tell, does not. Like I said, there is a very strong resemblance here to Amouage Reflection Man, that is Arabian Nights closest relative in the fragrance world.

And no US retailer AFAIK stocks it.
    It came from the UK today.

Allow me to say one thing, regarding my statement on "stylistic departure"....
    ...and I have long suspected the Bogart house of doing this:

One thing I seem to notice about the modern bogart scents, is that they seem to all have light traces of old powerhouse fragrances in them, under all the sweetness and modern synthetics. I always thaught each one was based around a corresponding older bogart scent, for instance Bogart Pour Homme actually smells like someone took a barrel of an Older Bogart powerhouse (one that could survive a nuclear war), and diluted it to 5-8%, then covered it with huge doses of Coumarin, Lyral, Linalool, etc.....effectively using unused barrels of his older scents as framework to build his sweet contemporaries upon. And since all his fragrances are so synthetic, the time elapsed wouldn't matter so much.

If such is the case, and Bogart Does this, the one used to anchor the construction of Arabian Nights would be the bitter Rose/woods of Furyo.

Thanks Dullah for sharing your detailed thoughts on this one. Certainly makes for a good read that I appreciate. I want to sample this one, as it sounds interesting.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post

This mysterious Arabian fairy-tale begins with spicy aromas of cardamom, cumin and petit grain. A passionate heart is a blend of patchouli and precious wood, while the essence of Arabian Nights is rounded up with white musk, cedar, vetiver and moss.[/b]
    Smelling it now that it's fully dried down, I literally get only slight bits of some of these notes. I smell zero cumin or moss. Petitgrain, Cardamom and Patchouli I guess are the strongest of all the listed notes, but I think they should redraft that notelist to include emphasis on Orris root, Jasmine, Rose, and Incense.

It really is astoundingly close to Amouage Reflection Man. Just less sweet/powdery. I cannot stress this enough. A bargain for lovers of that scent.

My favourite part of this scent is when it gets beyond the perfumed stage - which, I don't know if you've noticed Dullah, it does very suddenly. The drydown is very very nice.

Thank you gentlemen for your description, Ive just ordered JB AN!

I have been Influenced by reviews of both reputable members(DULLAH and HDS 1963) and I blindly bought Arabian Nights.
    All that I can say two days latter after trying is:

Thank you DULLAH!
    Thank you HDS 1963!

I have another unique fragrance in my wardrobe.

Where can i buy it?

I love Bogart scents. Powerfull, strong, sinthetyc and masculine.

AromiErotici

Jacques Bogart is like the Evel Kneivel of parfumeurs. Everything I have smelled by Bogart is full throttle and balls to the wall.

Arabian Nights that I purchased ( courtesy of DULLAH) is a very tough wear for me, yet I like that I have it in the drobe because it's so damn strange......and strong.

This is a musclebound fougere on me. I reviewed it on our blog, and have worn it since to discover other nuances I missed during the sample wear stages. Nothing major, but the floral aspect is more pronounced in subsequent wearings. I keep getting an undercurrent of dark jasmin-rose that comes and goes in this melee of notes that make up Arabian Nights.

Recently, I had my son in law try it along with his son ( who is 10 and a budding perfumisto ). My son in law almost shyt himself when I spritzed him. For about 10 minutes, he was in a very uncomfortable state and visibly annoyed. I was LMAO because his 10 year old son dug it. I have been supplying the young one with partial powerhouses for about 2 years now and he has quite the collection for a kid his age.

My point is : Sample wear this before pulling the trigger. This juice is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post

My point is : Sample wear this before pulling the trigger. This juice is no joke.
    Like others from Jacques Bogart.

But sometimes a sample from bogart can cost the same as the full bottle! So i always go blind on Bogarts.
    If i find this one, will go blind for sure.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Like others from Jacques Bogart.

But sometimes a sample from bogart can cost the same as the full bottle! So i always go blind on Bogarts.
    If i find this one, will go blind for sure.
    I don't think you can go wrong on a blind buy with this. I bought it blind......and it's worth it.....not only due to the strength and uniqueness, but you can always move it on the boards for the same reasons if it doesn't work for you.

I live in the south of france and theres no sign of this fragrance yet. Most perfumeries in this region stock a good range of Bogarts...but absolutely no sign of it here. Theperfumeries have checked for me per stockists in france and theres no sign of it .....most odd.

How does it compare to amouage reflection?!?!?!?!?!

After all these comments I bought it blind today, with Pal Zileri Sartoriale (also blind) and very cheap in fragrancedirect.co.uk
    Let's see what happens when the package arrives!

Ok. so Arabian Nights (and sartoriale) arrived ten minutes ago and I am smelling right noe from my hand. I agree with a previous post claiming that this is similar to Paco Rabanne 1 million, there is a sweet note in the drydown very similar, but of course the rest of the fragrance is nothing alike. It is not so sweet and ther is no citrus in the top. The construction or concept of the fragrance is similar to Zino Davidoff. Something green on top, well blended with florals and sweet base. In addition you can smell some spices in Arabian Nights. I smell orange blossom, maybe the petitgrain with other floral recreates the orange blossom. It is a very curious fragrance, at first it seemed a simple fougere, and I associate fougere to cheap spray deodorants, but made with fine ingredients and well blended. But after some minutes you can feel it is a complex and deep fragrance with corners and corners I want to keep exploring. Very nice.
    By the way, Sartoriale is also nice, similar to Azzaro Visit, and the opening reminded me to the creamy smell of Caravelle Epicee.

Quote Originally Posted by migjurado View Post
    Ok. so Arabian Nights (and sartoriale) arrived ten minutes ago and I am smelling right noe from my hand. I agree with a previous post claiming that this is similar to Paco Rabanne 1 million, there is a sweet note in the drydown very similar, but of course the rest of the fragrance is nothing alike. It is not so sweet and ther is no citrus in the top. The construction or concept of the fragrance is similar to Zino Davidoff. Something green on top, well blended with florals and sweet base. In addition you can smell some spices in Arabian Nights. I smell orange blossom, maybe the petitgrain with other floral recreates the orange blossom. It is a very curious fragrance, at first it seemed a simple fougere, and I associate fougere to cheap spray deodorants, but made with fine ingredients and well blended. But after some minutes you can feel it is a complex and deep fragrance with corners and corners I want to keep exploring. Very nice.
    By the way, Sartoriale is also nice, similar to Azzaro Visit, and the opening reminded me to the creamy smell of Caravelle Epicee.
    Please,how is the sillage nd strength of this compared to silver scent? I own one man show,witness,pour homme and silver scent and silver scent beats them all in strenth nd sillage IMHO.want to find out how it compares to silver scent in terms of these factors.

Quote Originally Posted by dandbull View Post
    Please,how is the sillage nd strength of this compared to silver scent? I own one man show,witness,pour homme and silver scent and silver scent beats them all in strenth nd sillage IMHO.want to find out how it compares to silver scent in terms of these factors.
    Sorry, but Arabian Nights is the only Bogart scent I have tried. Sillage and longevity are both very good, similar to Egoiste for example.

i tried this and it is dreadful type of fragrance that sticks in the back of your throat gave mine away it was not my cup of tea smelled like someone burning plastic and incense at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiehammond View Post
    i tried this and it is dreadful type of fragrance that sticks in the back of your throat gave mine away it was not my cup of tea smelled like someone burning plastic and incense at the same time.
    You say that like it's a bad thing...

And nice punctuation, BTW.