Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Parfum d'habit 100ml compared to 90ml

New compared to original formula. Who has used both and noticed differences? I have the 90ml and am thinking of picking up the newer release. The 90ml is awesome. Should I avoid the new version or is it a decent purchase?

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Parfum d'habit 100ml compared to 90ml

I've been afraid to try the stuff in the new bottle after what they did to Santal Noble and Route du Vétiver. On the other hand, the new Jardin du Nil is still quite good, so perhaps there's hope for Parfum d'Habit. Me? I bought a backup bottle of the old stuff while I still could.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 30th May 2010 at 01:09 AM.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Scenter View Post
    I've been afraid to try the stuff in the new bottle after what they did to Santal Noble and Route du Vétiver. On the other hand, the new Jardin du Nil is still quite good, so perhaps there's hope for Parfum d'Habit. Me? I bought a backup bottle of the old stuff while I still could.
    Smart move my friend. I am interested since the new version can be had for $59 shipped, but if it doesn't measure up to the original, the point is mute.

If I recall correctly, the new Parfum d'Habit is one of the reformulated MPG's that many actually think is an improvement over the original. Pretty sure there were some discussions here a couple of years ago where that seemed to be the consensus.

I've only tried the latest formulation, so I can't compare, but it's one of my top fragrances. Great stuff.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    If I recall correctly, the new Parfum d'Habit is one of the reformulated MPG's that many actually think is an improvement over the original. Pretty sure there were some discussions here a couple of years ago where that seemed to be the consensus.

I've only tried the latest formulation, so I can't compare, but it's one of my top fragrances. Great stuff.
    That is good to hear bro. I did a search, but apparently did not find that thread. If it's an improvement, it must be a bomb.

Aromi, I own the 90 ml. bottle too, but I recently did a sample swap of PDH with another BN member, and he tells me the sample he sent me is of the new stuff. I love the old version, but I agree with strifeknot - I actually slightly prefer the newer version. I find it to be just as much of a powerhouse, but a little bit warmer and richer than the original. The original was just slightly dirtier smelliing, but the newer stuff smells more balanced and leathery than the original.

Again, I'm going on a sample vial I have and what I've been told is the new version. Love it.
    Last edited by shamu1; 30th May 2010 at 02:07 AM.

I only have the 90ml if PdH--the one in the cut glass bottle. I don't like the new 100ml bottles at all. Come to think of it, I don't like the silly plastic jewel on the top of the bottles (red for boys and white for girls...).

Wonderful scents, though.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

AromiErotici

This info......sounds like a potential PURCHASE !!! Thanks so much for the info folks. Having both sounds like a good idea.

I have the 90ml and my friend has the 100ml and I don't notice any difference in the two sizes fragrance wise.

Where can it be had for $59?

I really liked the original, but have not yet smelled the re-formulation.
    Last edited by cloud atlas; 30th May 2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: accidental double-post

Aromi, I wish I could help. I've got and only smelled the 90ml. Good to see some appreciation for the new one on this thread though. There's certainly enough for me to think the new one will be likable.

You'll be getting the new one now for sure I wager!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Aromi, I wish I could help. I've got and only smelled the 90ml. Good to see some appreciation for the new one on this thread though. There's certainly enough for me to think the new one will be likable.

You'll be getting the new one now for sure I wager!
    Hi bro ! Like you, I have the 90ml and I keep seeing the 100ml for $59 shipped From the descriptions above, it sounds pretty good to purchase. If it's still available in a week, I'll snag a bottle. I just bought a bunch of Balenciaga PH and VIP, so I'm temporarily in the poorhouse at the moment.

I like the 100 ml. Parfum d' Habit quite a bit. I don't want to wear it all the time, but it has a permanent spot in my collection. But I can't compare it to the old one - I have never had the 90 ml. The new formula of Parfum d' Habit is one of those fragrances that after I wear it I can't seem to get it out of my head. There is a hook-echo characteristic to the combination of black currant, sandalwood, and leather that hangs around in the mind long after the fragrance fades. It kind of reminds me of the smell of my dad's old WWII wool uniforms or old wool blankets. I often have flashbacks of this scent that will just pop up days later. I like that persistent quality in a fragrance.