Code of Conduct

Thumbs down loading forums taking forever (connecting to tapatalk)

Is anyone else experiencing 10-15 second loading delays and timeouts between pages as the site "connects to tapatalk"? This just started for me within the past couple days, and it's really making the browsing experience miserable. I know what tapatalk is, but figured it would only come into play when browsing from a phone... not firefox.

Default Re: loading forums taking forever (connecting to tapatalk)

I'm experiencing delays of five minutes to not being able to get onto the site at all. Grant, I love coming here and I appreciate all the work you do, but all told, since you changed servers I think I have been unable to log on and use the site at all at least two days per week.

From a network techie's perspective, I don't know that this is anything Grant and co. could affect directly. The delay is coming from the tapatalk site.

Yep. Isn't it a pain when something like this stops the rest of the site from loading?

That's why I set my browser to block most "external" or non-Basenotes.com based scripts while I surf. I use Opera which has this function built in but Firefox has equivilant plugins (no-script, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by the_tourist View Post
    From a network techie's perspective, I don't know that this is anything Grant and co. could affect directly. The delay is coming from the tapatalk site.
    I am going to sound as dumb as I feel, but -- what on earth is "tapatalk?"

http://www.tapatalk.com/

"Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum."

I just use my cell phone's built in browser if I want to reach Basenotes on-the-go. But i'm not hip with the iPhone-esque app culture so maybe I'm missing the point.

Thank you, DocmanCC! (If you are missing the point, as you stated, you are at least much more tech-savvy than I am.)

it basically makes it so you can browse and post on the forums more easily from a phone.