Code of Conduct

Default Varations of Burberry London scent?

Ok, I do not know if I'm going crazy or not, but the Burberry London that I received a few months ago just doesn't seem to smell like I remembered it did when I tried it out at an actual Burberry store. From what I remembered, when I first tried it on I got the impression of fine woods and tobacco. The scent I ordered from Scented Monkey on Amazon.com seems to have more of a prevailing pepper smell to it.

After reviewing the feedback of Scented Monkey, I can conclude that they DO NOT have a reputation of selling fake scents. So either the mix of cologne I received is off, or my mind is simply playing tricks on me. I suspect it's all in my head, but I don't know. I want that "first spray" smell that I orginally had when I tried it on at Burberry. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Varations of Burberry London scent?

I think you shoudl give it a couple of more samplings. Wait a day in between samplings, I think that may help. I have had this happen before.

Anyways, good luck and let us know what happens.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Is it possible one of them is the Special Edition?

There was a different frag with the same name. You might have that one.

i saw special edition or limited edition in marshalls. it had a silver bottle and it smelled terrible imo

How long ago did you smell the stuff at the Burberrys store? Maybe they had an old tester. Frankly, I think it's probably your memory of what you think you smelled rather than an actual difference in juice.

If it makes you feel more at ease, I recently bought my bottle of BL from ScentedMonkey and it smells exactly the way it smelled when I sampled it at a department store a week earlier. I've bought tons of stuff from Scented Monkey all the time, and I've never had a problem.
    Last edited by shamu1; 30th May 2010 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    How long ago did you smell the stuff at the Burberrys store? Maybe they had an old tester. Frankly, I think it's probably your memory of what you think you smelled rather than an actual difference in juice.

If it makes you feel more at ease, I recently bought my bottle of BL from ScentedMonkey and it smells exactly the way it smelled when I sampled it at a department store a week earlier. I've bought tons of stuff from Scented Monkey all the time, and I've never had a problem.
    I sampled the scent at Burberry several months before actually purchasing it online. Inspired by threads in this very forum, I was in search for something different with a "woody" smelly to it. With my very first sniff, I was immediately drawn to it and thought it smelled of fine woods. Perhaps due to the surprise of the smell, I remembered it differently than it actually was.

Unfortunately with the warmer weather, this frag will have to wait till next fall to be used again. Perhaps my impressions of it will change during that time.

I've had the same thing with London, but it was from the same bottle. Some frags have this kind of "variance" more than others, for whatever reason. Just put it aside for a couple of weeks and try it again. Cuba Red is similar, but less sweet/vanillic.

I also got the impression of it being different from the bottle that I once bought from Scented Monkey and gave it away to a friend. I seemed to get variations from the different bottles that I've tried from Amazon and Scented Monkey. Next time I'm buying my bottle at Marshalls.
    Last edited by Ronin; 30th May 2010 at 07:09 AM.