Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Vs. Intense

Whats up.

So i got few samples of dior homme and i am not a big fan of how feminine it smells.
    The opening is great and it has some masculine smell to it, but it gets over powered by the lipstick smell it turned into once settled.
    I got mixed opinions about it...some girls did not like the way it smelled on me.

I was wondering if dior homme intense is a little more masculine then the regular version.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dior Homme Vs. Intense

I would suggest that try Arpege Pour Homme. It also is an Iris scent but, a bit drier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Whats up.

So i got few samples of dior homme and i am not a big fan of how feminine it smells.
    The opening is great and it has some masculine smell to it, but it gets over powered by the lipstick smell it turned into once settled.
    I got mixed opinions about it...some girls did not like the way it smelled on me.

I was wondering if dior homme intense is a little more masculine then the regular version.

damn i saw it couple weeks ago at tjmaxx for 9.99...i should of bought it blind.

what is the difference between intense and the regular? (beside EDT/EDP)

I don't know if it's more masculine but it's much stronger with greater longevity on me.

I got a decant of Intense based on a suggestion from a user here.

I can't wear it. It's too powdery for me. It smells like a solid scent, masterfully done. But it just doesn't work for me.

I might add that I'm easily nauseated by sweet fragrances. While this doesn't make me feel sick, it doesn't make me feel great when I wear it.

That said, I didn't care for the original, so I have no Idea why I bothered with the intense. I guess the fact it's not sold in the USA and the only way to try it was to buy a decant blind.
    Last edited by G Man; 30th May 2010 at 02:33 AM.

any difference in the way it smells?

Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Dior Homme Intense is woodier than the original DH. The famed "lipstick accord" is slightly muted in DHI. I get more of "cocoa powder" and vanilla pods in the heart of this beautiful frag.

One has to like sweet scents in general to be able to enjoy DH/DHI. They are sweet, no doubt, but they are not feminine, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dior Homme Intense has a striking resemblance to Iris Ganache from Guerlain. It's unbelievable. The very same hazelnut-cocoa creaminess.

We ll,I have both,at first I bought the Intense,and I am still very glad with it.For me its a cold weather scent so I never used it in other conditions.Sometimes I was wondering why I never received any positive comments on the Intense,only a few comments on the negative side,but I still believe in it and have to dot that,because I have a full 100 ml. bottle to go.

Later I bought the Dior Homme and I use this one a lot,this is the one that really grabs me an works fine with me.So if I had to make a choice between the Intense and the Dior Homme it would be the Dior Homme,for sure!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I've already gone through 50ml of Intense, and now have an open 100ml and a sealed ditto in my collection.
    There are constant rumors, that it will be discontinued, and/or get rarer. So, I wanted to be on the safe side.
    It's a gorgeous scent. I still get somewhat of the lipstick smell of the regular Dior Homme, but it is much, much
    more masculine. It's very chocolaty. Its smell remind me of an old sophisticated library where destinged men
    smoke cigars and disguss the world situation!

It's some strong juice indeed. I once wore it at a reception, where I hugged one of my friends sister, and she told
    my friend, that when she came home some hours later, she could still smell my perfume - DIOR HOMME INTENSE!
    Beware, I suffer from nose fatigue within a short while after applying, it's that strong ... big risk of overdoing this fragrance!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 30th May 2010 at 08:36 AM.

I own Dior Homme and right now I have Dior Homme Intense on my wrist.

In first hour Intense reminds me Gaultier 2 lot. Actually except of Iris that you can clearly smell only for first 10-20 minutes its closer to Gaultier 2 than to Dior Homme. Iris note disappeared very fast and is almost nonexistant later. What remains is powdery vanilla and amber combo in more masculine and comfortable version than it is in Gaultier 2. I like it and would like to lick my hand because it smells tasty lol but I expected something different (nor better or worse). It is more masculine and wearable! than original, unoffensive and I can see it being daily cold weather fragrance. Anyway I think its is bit one dimensional (like Pi for example). Original Dior Homme is IMHO more unique and interesting (not necessary technicaly better) and I wasnt blewn away with Intense like I was with Pure Malt or DH.

I also sprayed Dior Homme Cologne on card that I left in parfumery. It has strong iris + citrus opening and is closer to original than Intense version.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 2nd August 2010 at 05:54 PM.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I have chosen Dior Homme Intense because I think it is more masculine. I somehow feel some dominant (?!) leather notes in it and I find leather very masculine component. Of course, it is longer lasting and has better sillage than Dior Homme.

I prefer to wear it as an office scent (esp. special and important business meetings, although is definitely an offensive scent ) but is also very wearable in casual occasions (e.g. leather jacket + jeans... speaking of leather).

Also - this can easily be someone's signature, and I am not so sure about Dior Homme.

Sorry, duplicate post due to server problems.
    Last edited by noggs; 3rd August 2010 at 11:54 AM.

You might try Dior Homme Cologne if you haven't already.

It is less sweet, less gourmand, less makeup-bag/lipstick smelling than either the original or the intense version. It is closer in overall character to Homme rather than to Intense, but considerably different in that it contains citrus and the iris note is much more prominent. This is the version to go for if you want more of an iris scent without so much of the cocoa and suede and sweetness. Even though it is lighter and more floral than Homme you might find it more masculine.

Both of them are great, but I think Dior Homme has a "make-up purse" note that i do not like. This can also be find in P.D.Nicolai`s New York..

Small update to my first DH Intense experience: When I woke up (14 hours since application of Intense which was just 1 spritz on wrist) it was still there as strong as before I went to sleep (close to skin mode). Biggest difference was that I could now clearly smell iris + sweet leather that wasnt so apparent 7 hours before.

Sooo its huge plus for longetivity but I will keep DH original for formal events and as a evening scent I much prefer Pure Malt, Rochas or Body Kouros that are more interesting.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Thank you for dreamer81's meticulous opinion of DHI~~!

These days,i so hesitate about buying DHI or not,Shanghai has been into winter,around 16 degrees centigrade ,i really need a warmer and more longevity fragrance,and i also it could attract other people around me,i had bought Gaultier 2 125ml,an unsex fragrance,i think its too powdery,like strong honey, but as gay ,it can be accepted,but i may not buy it again. i love iris,but if just last 20 minutes,which will disappoint me .

DH is common too, after spraying in skin,and half an hour later, people go around me couldn't smell ,and i must take my nose on the clothing, faint iris ,cacao and vanilla go into my sense.too terrible.
    Last edited by 深谷兰; 30th October 2010 at 11:30 AM.