Code of Conduct

Default S of the D - Sunday May 30

Couldn't sleep - snuck downstairs to be The First One!!

And to thank y'all once again for the wonderful B-day. (You haven't lived 'til Chaya's sung Happy Birthday to You a la Marilyn to JFK!!)

AND been gifted with the most gorgeous red and gold cross stitched pillow by the super talented Wolfie. Pic to follow.

Also a bag of goodies from Miz Wolf - this ayem Balmain's La Môme....May Rose, freesia, and pink pepper. Heart notes are Damask Rose absolute, violet, raspberry, and myrrh. Base notes are orris, musk, amber, and opoponax.....

Oh Baby!! JUST this Kid's cuppa....Piaf would be proud!!

Many MANY thanx!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Default Re: S of the D - Sunday May 30

green irish tweed by creed

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Oeillet sauvage !
    Issura please if you read me , see in mail box about it !
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE yesterday was the grotesquely gorgeous N°19.

Today I'm in a sample of

ANGEL

Basenotes Plus

Had a lot of fun at my Eurovision party last night, despite the fact that Britain came last (we deserved to our song was atrocious). Congratulations to Germany!

Today I'm in Samsara EDP.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Un profumo affettuoso

Today I'm wearing Rocabar by Hermes. A woody aromatic fragrance, a scent as powerful as a tree deeply rooted in the forest.

Guerlain's Samsara vintage Parfum, the house's first perfume created from a top-down marketing brief that involved invitation of external perfumers to work in competition against Jean-Paul Guerlain. How reassuring to know that he won!

Oh, TaoTao !
    You GOT it...;-D YAY ! I'm glad you enjoyed your day....

Hoping all are intact and enjoying themselves; you smell devoon ;-0

We got J off to JFK OK.Early
    Both B and I needed to chill; weeks of crazy chaotic events.
    Wore Nuits de Tubereuse yesterday pm, with Liz's Jas-O-Myn perfume oil and La Haie Fleurie to bed ;-)

B has Formula One buzzing in Istanbul on Speedvision, LOL [ I call it the Angry Bees " !]
    I have you guys, his fabulous CAWFEE- and will wear Patou's Colony today .

Be well, go well, STAY well...
    Hugs to the ailing.

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Annick Goutal Vetiver.

Notes include Java vetiver, woods, Burmese spices and sea salt aroma.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning everyone Sotd is Love's true bluish light.

Something that will bloom in this ungodly heat wave upon us.............Parfum Sacre Intense!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Eau de Patou Pour Homme today

'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe today.

Tao, so glad that your birthday was so perfect!

Acqua di Gio

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Montale Red Aoud

With Love... Hilary Duff
    Wishlist is pointless.

Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Pure Perfume

SotE last night was Ava Luxe Rasa - her scents have such a clarity to them... SoTD is another Ava Luxe: Vanilla Musk CORRECTION Love's True Bluish Light
    Last edited by rtamara41; 30th May 2010 at 02:35 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Afternoon all,

as usual a gorgeously smelling bunch, but I think ubu blows my mind especially.

I'm in SJP Lovely, which I still think is, well, lovely. Celebrating Mother's day in Sweden today, but there was no fume in my present this year.

Blog Entries

Cristalle by Chanel.

Good morning, sistahs and bros in fragrance! Can you believe that May is almost over?! I'm off to hula practice in a few dabs of Chamade parfum. Ahhh, I deserve this indulgence!

This morning I'm in Fiore d'Ulivo with some J. Peterman 1903 layered in for added yum... a good combo for the warm day that just keeps getting warmer.

I'm thinking about making my burgeoning sample and decant box the source for my SOTD for a while, I think with the summer coming on the variety will do me good... I've received samples and goodies from a few generous basenoters and am itching to give 'em a good try. (Will set the cooler-weather scent samples aside for the fall.)

Edit: Oh, POO! Just went out and wrangled some weeds, and the weeds won. Pulled something in my back (did this once before and was "out" for 10 days...) Sigh. So much for a productive holiday weekend. I guess I'll have to catch up on my reading and non-active things.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 30th May 2010 at 05:41 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Happy Sunday everyone!

I have been wearing the same perfume at least 4 days in a row (!) - TDC Charmes et Feuilles. Somehow I craved jasmine, but didn't want the full, lusty heaviness of it - and in this perfume the herbs create such a fresh canvas for the flowers... anyway. It's been just right somehow.

I'm super, SUPER busy at work. (We're launching a lot of perfumes this year. I am probably allowed to leak that much. And Mark and Simon are currently deciding whether one of them might be mine. I am trying not to hope. They've got a sample in their lab and Mark did say something about maybe bringing it out. It's just that I wasn't expecting it at the time and just froze. It's a tuberose/osmanthus/mandarin concoction that I have grown rather fond of).

Oh Nukapai... that's wonderful!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

We'll see! They have no obligation to do so... but on the other hand, why not? I'll just have to suffer and wait. They like to do that to people.

Hello, everyone!

actiasluna, sorry about your back and hope it heals up quickly! I've had my share of back troubles and am finally almost back to normal from a sprain I experienced almost two weeks ago!

Now I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but it's still overcast, and gloomy with a stong possibility of rain (quel suprise!). So, I'm choosing to bring in spring/summer (within the realm of my psyche anyway) by swathing myself in Chanel's...

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 30th May 2010 at 06:22 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trikkirikki View Post
    Celebrating Mother's day in Sweden today, but there was no fume in my present this year.
    LOL, bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Edit: Oh, POO! Just went out and wrangled some weeds, and the weeds won. Pulled something in my back (did this once before and was "out" for 10 days...) Sigh. So much for a productive holiday weekend. I guess I'll have to catch up on my reading and non-active things.
    I'm sorry, but you need to keep your ass outta that garden for
    a coulpe of days woman, you aren't a mule for Gods sake ...

My Scent of the Evening is Fleur du Male ... I can't seem to get
    used to this frag, it's my third wear, but it still smells like pee to
    me ... actual human pis!

Rtamara, thank you for your insightful comment about the clarity of Ava Luxe scents. Just last night I was trying to put my finger on just why so many of her scents are among my favorites. I think it is just that -- the clarity of her work.

Actiasluna, feel better soon.

I haven't chosen a scent for today, but of course now all I want is to wear one of my Ava Luxe scents! Take care, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    LOL, bummer!

I'm sorry, but you need to keep your ass outta that garden for
    a coulpe of days woman, you aren't a mule for Gods sake ...

My Scent of the Evening is Fleur du Male ... I can't seem to get
    used to this frag, it's my third wear, but it still smells like pee to
    me ... actual human pis!
    I don't think I'd like that scent AT ALL.

Thanks for the advice, and it seems that my body is gonna keep me out of the garden for a while, guess I didn't listen to it until it started shrieking. (change of avatar embodying my apparent wannabe-but-not-doing-well-as-peasant-woman status.)

SOTA - hmm... Montale Black Aoud for comfort.

If it's Sunday, it's Eau Premiere.

Actiasluna, I do hope your back will be better soon. Take care of yourself.

Have a good Sunday, everyone!

I was wearing Venice by Yves Rocher all day today!!!Oh ,it's a wonderful lasting floriental that so sadly discontinued ...
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    SOTA - hmm... Montale Black Aoud for comfort.
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Love that one! Can't stop sniffing myself when I wear it, but only have a small sample, so I use it sparingly. Again, sorry about your back.
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 30th May 2010 at 08:50 PM.

Annick Goutal Vétiver.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Horizon - Guy Laroche
    Last edited by Ronin; 30th May 2010 at 11:11 PM.

Basenotes Institution

This morning, before the gym, it was the very last drops of my sample of...

Kenzo Air by Kenzo

After that, Ray and I spent the whole day at a water park, riding the slides and splashing around with tons of kids in the pool. Tonight, I'm headed to a dance party probably wearing...

Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain

Blog Entries

I've been wearing L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger today. It got me thorugh the tedium of the annual family picnic of hubby's side of the family. (I am not a fan of these picnics.)

Basenotes Plus

My daughter got very sunburned & requested an early pick up from her friends house at the shore. So I spent the day driving up and down the Garden State Parkway. Going home was fun, we chit chatted the entire time.

I began the day wearing Alien, parfum de liqueur and have ended it wearing Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe, layered with Annick Goutal Eau d' Hadrien edp.

Heads up Black Vetyver Cafe is being discontinued, according to a SA at SAKS. (Quarry, I know you like this one. Therese, you are wearing it today too, I see.)
    Last edited by RHM; 31st May 2010 at 01:10 AM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy long weekend!

Yesterday I wore Bel Respiro (I absolutely love this one). I am grateful for decants, because I cannot bring myself to buy the huge bottle the Exclusifs come in. I guess I have spent more than what BR cost in decants in the last six months, but I really don't need a huge bottle of anything.

Today I wore Fidji, from the late 80s, maybe early 90s.
    Evenstar

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Daddy Yankee tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

SotE Miller Harris Tangerine Vert. This is reminding me of Eau d'Hadrian.

No SOTD due to I stayed in all day doing some chores. However, I had a '1st date' with a very nice guy this evening and my SOTE for the date was JPG Classique. I hope he liked it.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès

Eau des Merveilles