Code of Conduct

Default Kanon Norwegian Wood

I got a 3.3 oz bottle of this stuff @ Ross for 6.99 a couple days ago, and I gotta admit... it's good stuff. Me.. I'm a HUGEEEE sandalwood fan, and those of us who love sandalwood may be particularly picky on how it smells. I like my sandalwood to smell very natural and sweet. Tam Tao is a great example of what sandalwood in a frag should be to me. Kanon NW does a fantastic job on this one. I've seen Kanon online for low prices, but thought it was just some cheap crap, I bought this completely blind, knowing nothing about the house, the notes, or reading any reviews on here. I guess it's a new fragrance (2010). At first spray, all I can think of is Tam Dao, and a few weeks ago I was asking for a cheap Tam Dao alternative in the forums. My only complaint is that longevity is really bad. I get like 2-3 hours tops. It's a pretty linear scent that starts off like sweet sandalwood with a natural feeling and smell, then becomes a little more of a synthetic smelling sweet sandalwood and smells a little bit soapy. For the most part though, its a sandalwood and cedar fragrance. A hell of a deal @ 6.99 and an acceptable Tam Dao alternative.

Default Re: Kanon Norwegian Wood

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/243...Norwegian-Wood

seems most say its nice , but lacks staying power ...
    anyone else tried it ?

It lasted on me only like 2 hours and the dry-down is way too powdery for my likes... which also didn't last.

Ditto, ger. But at 6.99, I actually don't mind reapplying. I don't think I'd buy it again though, but it's a very nice sandalwood blast for the time it does last.

Love Potion no. 9 is my favorite sandalwood, closely followed by Mt Romance Larrikin (Australian Niche). Larrikin has more of a rosewood / pine vibe, whereas LP No. 9 is sweeter. No longevity problems with LP No. 9.

Paul Smith London is another extremly unique sandalwood, however I found it was just too strong & too boozy to wear. Its almost Joop! Homme-like in its longevity / sillage.

For 7$ I think you got a steal!
    Last edited by Anthony87; 31st May 2010 at 12:54 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Thanks for posting about this one, Colognist. I too have been wondering about what this smells like, but I've been unable to find any reviews or descripitons of it. Your description sounds like something I would really like. I'm not worried about the longevity; I seem to get better longevity out of my colognes than a lot of people say they do. If I can find a bottle for $6.99, I'm snagging one.

Ya, I think you would enjoy this one Shamu. After wearing ita little more now, perhaps I jumped to conclusions to soon in the longevity department. It may last up to 4 hours but stays very close to the skin. Another thing I found interesting was the wood cap, of course it's molded to fit right with a plastic insert, but when you smell the actual cap, it does smell like wood. I notice myself smelling the cap then smelling the fragrance and noticing the similarities. They're not identical but it is pretty neat.

As far as finding this, I'd stick with Ross, Marshalls and Maxx usually carry their stuff in huge quantities, they get a lot of older and unused stocks from departments stores as well as warehouses. Ross on the other hand gets a little bit of this and a little bit of that, which is nice because I notice more variety and actually lower prices than the other places which seems almost impossible. I got a Drakkar Noir 1.7 oz for 19.99 @ TJ Maxx, which is pretty cheap (though I have seen cheaper) while Ross has it for 14.99.

You ever come across a fragrance then when you spray it on you say to yourself.. "nobody can not like this". That's what you'll get from Norwegian Wood, it isn't amazing, but it's definitely worth an honorable mention. Anyways, I hope you guys can find this and enjoy it as much as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Love Potion no. 9 is my favorite sandalwood, closely followed by Mt Romance Larrikin (Australian Niche). Larrikin has more of a rosewood / pine vibe, whereas LP No. 9 is sweeter. No longevity problems with LP No. 9.

Paul Smith London is another extremly unique sandalwood, however I found it was just too strong & too boozy to wear. Its almost Joop! Homme-like in its longevity / sillage.

For 7$ I think you got a steal!
    London looks appealing, I added it to my test list, thanks for the heads up. I've only tried PS Extreme which didn't go well for me. I've heard both bad and good things from Story, but it doesn't seem like something I'd like.

I also found it at Ross and it's definitely a steal at $6.99. A bit thin and sweet on me, but I dig sandalwood as well and it's there front and center.

Ross now has a gift set of this (Cologne & A/S) for $12.99. I had never heard of it so wanted to wait until I checked here first.

Based on the weakness of the Cologne, the A/S must be even worse -- making the Cologne by itself a better deal. I think I'll wait until they get it back for $6.99 (if ever).

Blog Entries

I'm on the same page as Cologneist, I found a bottle at Ross for $6.99.

This is a nice sandalwood/nutmeg/vanilla scent. That's really all it is, though. Sandalwood and nutmeg primarily.

Lasts 4-5 hours on me, but the sillage is good....bottle is pretty damn big.

Although when I first opened it up I washed the sprayer and bottle and wooden cap because it smelled kinda funky. Not the juice itself, but the bottle.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I picked up one of these for 6.99 at Ross a few months ago as well. It's not a bad fragrance. My gf would probably prefer me to wear this than some of the more niche frags I prefer!

Longevity is not great, but a big bottle for 6.99 you can spray it as much as you like.

I found a bottle for $6.99. Glad I did because I think it's just ok. Reminds me of a weaker version of Touch by Black Suede made by Avon. I did also get to sample the after shave and wow that stuff only lasts about ten minutes. LOL

Suprisingly great. I liked it as well, at least enough to do a review about it on the directory.

Lasts about 4-5hrs worth of projection on me so I don't think it's that bad when it comes to lasting power but a few do tend to get projection and lasting power confused though - this is more of close proximity fragrance and as it stops projecting you'll still smell a trace of it on yourself well after the 5hrs I mentioned. It'll project at most about a foot.

This can be had for SUPER CHEAP at a local discount department retailer like Ross, online it's actually about 3x that store's price and still gets good reviews.