Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1

    Default SotD Monday, May 31

    Wowee Zowee! I've never been first, so I thought I'd give it a try.

    Memorial Day greetings to those in the US, Happy Monday to all!

    When I get up in the morning, I am going to wear L'Artisan Poivre Piquant, from my prize bottle. Until then, I will dream sweet dreams in Montale Blue Amber.

  2. #2

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Horizon - Guy Laroche

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Jacques Polge 's


    Head Notes
    Ginger, Lavender, Mandarin Orange, Peach, Bergamot, Lemon
    Heart Notes
    Gardenia, Patchouli, Freesia, Jasmine, Vetiver, Anise, Cedar, Pepper, Brasilian Rosewood, Rose
    Base Notes
    Leather, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Amber, Musk, Benzoin, Coconut, Oakmoss, Vanilla
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 31st May 2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  4. #4

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Good morning Off to talk with the tax-office about what's left of the extra taxes I had to pay. Sotd is Habit Rouge. Hope you all have a nice day.

  5. #5

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Wearing AL Hong Kong Garden and contemplating finally going to bed as it is about ten minutes until 2 on Monday morning here. I love having a long weekend but oh, my, what it does to my sleep habits! Have a lovely Monday and take care, all.

  6. #6

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    West Indian Lime - Crabtree & Evelyn
    Wishlist is pointless.

  7. #7
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31


    After going through my 'Most Worn' frags,
    I discovered, that I haven't been in my
    beloved Hypnotic Poison all month, so;


  8. #8
    Basenotes Plus
    Candy Perfume Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Today I'm wearing vintage Chamade Eau de Cologne sent to me by a very generous B'Ner. Have a great day all!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

    Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

  9. #9
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    My SOTD is Creed Virgin Island Water.

    Top notes: essence of copra, coconut today, lime of the Antilles, white bergamot, and mandarin orange from Sicily
    Middle Notes: hibiscus, ginger, ylang-ylang, and Indian jasmine
    Bottom Notes: sugar cane and white rum of the Antilles, musk from Tonkin

    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  10. #10

    TaoLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coastal South Carolina
    Posts
    6,026

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Wowwee Zowee indeed dear Heidi!! Isn't it fun to be first!!

    Hope y'all enjoy this day of sober celebration...house guest and I had a great Amurrican night at the ball game last night and the local team won in the bottom of the ninth with a rully nice triple play. Followed by rully nice fireworks. Yaaaay.

    Thanks to Wolfie am spending the morning in DSH's Cielo - a pretty, flowery fig.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

  11. #11

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Happy (belated) Birthday to Taolady!

    Here are some peonies for you, dear Tao...


    I hope you enjoyed your special day!

    Not wearing anything yet...thinking about Prada l'Eau Ambrée this morning so may go with that.

    Greetings to those celebrating Memorial Day!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 31st May 2010 at 12:25 PM.

  12. #12
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    18,097
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Guerlain Heritage Edp this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

  13. #13
    Basenotes Plus
    tdem1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    5,606

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Guerlain Cologne du Parfumeur, refreshing with aromatic herbal accents and with a meltingly soft, sweet orange flower note along with a hint of musk. Nice lasting power too, for an eau de cologne. I'll be reaching for this often in the coming summer months.

    Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

  14. #14

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Gris Clair....
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

  15. #15

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

    After going through my 'Most Worn' frags,
    I discovered, that I haven't been in my
    beloved Hypnotic Poison all month, so;

    Gasp! Shock! Horror! ()

    Well... I'm in the afterglow of Mitsuoko on my sleep shirt ... and contemplating today's luxurious scent for staying still and reading. Hmm. Maybe more Mitsuoko for this thundershowery Memorial Day Monday...(thankful for holidays even if they are spent recuperating from too much gardening!)

    Just added a layer of fresh Mitsuoko EDP with a side of Black Aoud... now THAT's a layering combo I stumbled upon when I sniffed the two scents side by side on my shirt! It isn't recommended for office wear (projection factor NUCLEAR) but for luxuriating at home it is GREAT! Rosy peachy woody odd loveliness!

    And after realizing I left my car windows open all night (we had occasional downpours this morning too) guess I'll leave 'em open to dry it out, sigh ...
    Last edited by actiasluna; 31st May 2010 at 02:17 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  16. #16
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,399
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Today I'm wearing an excellent Laura Ashley No. 1 knockoff perfume oil that I bought from Holisticsprings.com.

    I do have a bottle of the original LA No. 1, but the top notes have lost something, so occaasionally I prefer the knockoffs.


  17. #17

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Good morning all, I'm observing memorial day with my family today in the USA. My SOTD is EMILIO PUCCI 'VIVARA' from a sample. Its a lovely summer fragrance, floral, woodsy,citrusy, somehow it just works. I'll give it a thumbs up.

  18. #18
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,728

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Muguet de Bois by Coty (new formulation - from a sample...thanks 30 Roses!)



    Diorissimo, with a little less bite. Nice n' soapy. Smells fantastic on my sunburnt skin this morning.

  19. #19
    Basenotes Plus
    RHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Darn database error....I had posted my SOTD but it wasn't posted.

    So...here is an abreviated version of what I wrote. DSH's American Beauty edp, perfume oil & shea butter body cream...the cream is wonderful on my sunburn.

    Have a wonderful day everybody!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

  20. #20

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Dear Tao,

    A belated one as it wasn't showing up on your b'day.


    Wearing Ambre Sultan today.

  21. #21
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    8,321
    Blog Entries
    98

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31


    Cy Twombly
    Chanel - Eau Premiere
    A glowing, fizzy reminder of the domineering Chanel No. 5.
    Soft-cloudlike, I touch the ceiling as if
    I am a balloon from the carnival.
    I bounce along until the door is opened
    and I am free in the bright blue sky.
    Gentle jasmine trails behind.

    Notes for the EDP - aldehydes, Grasse jasmine, rose,
    ylang-ylang, iris, amber, and patchouli.
    Last edited by kumquat; 31st May 2010 at 04:02 PM.

  22. #22

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31


    [cc attribution: espresso marco]

    Spent the weekend in Ava Luxe Opoponax Intense, out of deference to a house guest for whom floralz makez sneezes. Such hardship ;)

    Notes: hesperides, Indian amber, myrrh, opoponax, frankincense, Siam benzoin, tolu balsam
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

  23. #23

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Afternoon all,

    I'm in SJP Lovely.

  24. #24
    Lean in closer, dear
    Quarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,014
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Guerlain Cologne du Parfumeur, refreshing with aromatic herbal accents and with a meltingly soft, sweet orange flower note along with a hint of musk. Nice lasting power too, for an eau de cologne. I'll be reaching for this often in the coming summer months.

    Take care, everyone!
    Hmmm. I had this on my to-try list for Boston, and now I'm more excited to try it. You make it sound fabulous.
    Wearing a little Mintea from Masaki Matsuhima. Wish it were stronger. Reminds me of my favorite parts of Nanadebary Green. Of course, Mintea is discontinued.

    The greatest hero I ever knew passed away yesterday. She is, quite literally, an icon among conservationists. She received lots of media coverage over the decades, but my favorite bit was published by Newsweek magazine which referred to Lorrie Otto as “the godmother of the natural landscaping movement.” She changed many people’s landscapes and lives, including mine. Professionally she was “just a housewife,” but she led the fight to ban DDT during the 1950s. If you want to see the face of a 90-year-old crusader, click on this Seattle Times article.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

  25. #25

    Smile Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Today I'm enjoying Love's True Bluish Light. Later on I might re-try Dinner by Bobo. Fun!

  26. #26

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Wowwee Zowee indeed dear Heidi!! Isn't it fun to be first!!
    Yes, it is! And you inspired me to do it, dearest Taolady! Such a simple pleasure, too. The best kind!

    Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Gris Clair....
    Furriner, I keep reading your posts and thinking that we're scent twins. We like a LOT of the same fragrances!

  27. #27
    nyneve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Posts
    301

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    an oil rose from iran
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

  28. #28

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Good day, everyone!

    Today, I'm surrounding myself in a wee cloud (a little goes a long way) of Montale's...

    Mmmmmmm!

  29. #29

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Thanks for posting the interesting info. Mrs. Q. I didn't know about this movement, and appreciate the info.
    My idol - much younger than me, and not really of equal importance to conservation in the grand scheme of things, lost her tennis match today in a surprise upset at Roland Garros today. I am gutted.

    SotMorning - Acqua di Gio.
    SotAfternoon - Virgin Island Water

  30. #30
    Heartwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2,310
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Quarry~ Thanks for mentioning Lorrie Otto and posting the link to that article. I hadn't heard of her, but that's a wonderful life story.

    I haven't been checking in regularly because I've been so busy with trying to get this house into baby-ready shape. A former "room full o' crap" is now only about 1/4 full o' crap. Plus, I've been shopping for wallpaper and fabric and rockers, and cribs and car seats; and reading and learning all about cribs and car seats, etc. And air conditioning. DH decided he wanted us to get air conditioning for the house this year and I felt like I needed to get several different quotes and learn more about HVAC systems and condensers and furnaces and tax credits and tons and BTUs than I ever, or I should say never, wanted to know. I just feel like if I don't educate myself, we'll spend too much money and/or receive a bad/inappropriate system for our home, and get ripped-off. It's a compulsion of mine to learn as much as I can about something before deciding on a course of action or particular product. Of course, all this applies to baby planning too. Test driving strollers at Target and B'r'Us. Shopping for maternity clothes at every Ross (cheap clothes that fit, yay!) between here and the furniture stores in South San Francisco. Oh, yes, new bedroom furniture for DH and me. The nursery was formerly our "clothes room" with all our folded clothes stored in tall utility racks with wire baskets (as well as aforementioned miscellaneous piles o' crap in every corner). So I learned all about case goods (and dove-tail joints and drawer glides and veneers...) and how everybody from low to mid-range manufacturers all the way up to Drexel Heritage and Ethan Allen now makes their wood furniture in Asia. I told DH that we'd be shopping for a bedroom set that we're going to have for the rest of our lives, so I wanted it to be quality, and I wanted it to be beautiful to the both of us. We browsed online and drove to nearly every furniture store from San Jose to San Francisco looking at *everything* before settling on a gorgeous set by FFDM. It should arrive by the end of June.

    A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It freaked me out quite a bit, of course, until I learned more about it and discovered thru blood testing that my diet and activity level doesn't yet really require me to make many significant changes. I carried on with the planning and running around, and of course the yard work. Tis the season, you know, when everything bursts out of the soil and things need weeding and fertilizing, and I bought my usual assortment of coleus annuals and repaired drip lines and decided to add some astilbe and bleeding hearts to the front lanai and other such things here and there.

    Did I mention I've been cleaning out the garage as well? Actually, I think I did in my last SotD post. So, guess who's just been also diagnosed with mild preeclampsia? I'm supposed to avoid stress AND stick to bed rest? Bed rest IS stressful!!! I have THINGS TO DO! I haven't taken the baby classes yet! Grr.

    Everyone tells me everything will be fine. I know they're probably right. My BP is fine as long as I don't run around all day. I actually did some mild pruning on the rose bushes (about 15 minutes) after breakfast this morning and my BP is normal. I will manage my activity level. I will lay down. A lot. I'll read books and lounge with the cats. Maybe I could even get used to this.

    My SotD is Badgley Mischka Fleurs de Nuit. Scored a full 3.4 oz tester bottle on ebay for $29.98 shipped. No box, but it has the cap. I love it!
    Last edited by Heartwood; 31st May 2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

  31. #31

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    That is quite a story, Heartwood. I felt tired just reading about all your activity! You know, a bit of bed rest never hurt anyone, and you won't get any more for a few decades.

    I just reapplied Apres L'Ondee after getting home from work.

  32. #32

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Heartwood, Therese is right. You have a short time to rest up, and then when your baby arrives, you'll be busy for years to come. Like you, I had gestational diabetes and kept it under control through diet. I hope everything goes well for you. Try to get some extra rest.

    Wearing Annick Goutal Le Chevrefeuille today.

    Have a wonderful Monday evening, everyone!
    Last edited by VintageVogue; 31st May 2010 at 10:36 PM.

  33. #33

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Hi Heartwood! Congratulations!!! Take it easy, you still have many months to clean up.

    Today it is sunny and mild, in the mid 70s. My mom was not answering the phone and I went into a panic, drove over there and her blood sugar was a little low, not too much, but she gets disoriented. After some orange juice and a banana she was much better. Then I came home and took a very long shower and felt like spraying something refreshing, so went for the Eau du Coq.
    Evenstar

  34. #34
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Scent of the Evening

    BAL À VERSAILLES

  35. #35

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    I'm sorry for your loss, I wish I had known her. I read the essay 'silent spring' Its an eye opener. Thank goodness their are a few like Lorrie, that have the courage to stand up and fight for what is right As human beings we should always be diligent in our role as caretakers of this earth.

  36. #36
    Basenotes Plus
    knit at nite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, Central Coast
    Posts
    4,801

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Ah me, the last day of a long weekend...I want a do-over.

    SOTD Guerlain Terracotta Voile D'Ete
    Last edited by knit at nite; 1st June 2010 at 12:51 AM.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

  37. #37
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,399
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Heartwood, I had gestational diabetes as well, controlled by diet only. As you know the risk with gestational diabetes is that the baby will grow too large. Well, DD was born at a very normal 7 lb. 5 oz. You'll do okay!


  38. #38
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    18,097
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Burberry For Men tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

  39. #39
    N_Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Center of the Universe; California.
    Posts
    4,599
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    This evening............Mitsouko.

  40. #40

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Nice to see everybody in good spirits. My weekend was all right -- I had to work all 3 days. Could not post Saturday and was very unhappy about it, no matter what time of the day it was. I also tried to send two PMs and they both did not go through due to Database Error. I gave up.

    I wore Bourjois Soir de Paris (the very recent version), L'Artisan Mimosa pour Moi and Cassini by Oleg Cassini.

    See if this one posts.

  41. #41

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Central Park by Bond No.9
    Gary

  42. #42
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Hi again everyone. Got back from the road trip with the family! I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend in the US.
    I sniffed SO many scents...I found I love love love Creed's Royal English Leather- I mean - this stuff is fab fab fab. Also Annick Goutal's Mandragore. But really, Royal English Leather. YUM!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  43. #43

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Happy evening, all, as the holiday weekend draws to a close. I went shopping and took advantage of a tester to spritz myself lavishly with Chanel No. 19. Very nice -- very in-your-face -- but reminiscent to me of Estee Lauder Private Collection to the point where I don't know whether I need to own BOTH ... I also begged sample vials of Narciso Rodriguez for Her and Pure Poison.

  44. #44

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Goodness Heartwood dear, I need a glass of lemonade after reading your post. Do try to relax yourself a bit, it will do you both well. Best of luck xoxo

    Very busy weekend at the house for hubby and I and some friends. We partially gutted the tub surround, all 5 layers, which was hideous, smelly and very icky.

    Yesterday I wore Arielle by Fragonard, which helped immensely with the bathroom gutting Last night I wore Fragonard's Etoile du Sud for a restful night.

    Today I wore Sweet Honesty by Avon, in the cute little Bo-Peep bottle which makes it more endearing. Tonight I will do Fragonard Eau Fantasque.

    Be well all and huge hugs
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

  45. #45

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Phew, Heartwood (I love the new name by the way) that post made ME tired too just reading it!

    Taking me and my tender-but-somewhat-better-thanks back to bed in an aromatic melange of some scents I decanted samples of and managed, as always, to get on my skin in the process.

    Night, all!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  46. #46
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: SotD Monday, May 31

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    Quarry~ Thanks for mentioning Lorrie Otto and posting the link to that article. I hadn't heard of her, but that's a wonderful life story.

    I haven't been checking in regularly because I've been so busy with trying to get this house into baby-ready shape. A former "room full o' crap" is now only about 1/4 full o' crap. Plus, I've been shopping for wallpaper and fabric and rockers, and cribs and car seats; and reading and learning all about cribs and car seats, etc. And air conditioning. DH decided he wanted us to get air conditioning for the house this year and I felt like I needed to get several different quotes and learn more about HVAC systems and condensers and furnaces and tax credits and tons and BTUs than I ever, or I should say never, wanted to know. I just feel like if I don't educate myself, we'll spend too much money and/or receive a bad/inappropriate system for our home, and get ripped-off. It's a compulsion of mine to learn as much as I can about something before deciding on a course of action or particular product. Of course, all this applies to baby planning too. Test driving strollers at Target and B'r'Us. Shopping for maternity clothes at every Ross (cheap clothes that fit, yay!) between here and the furniture stores in South San Francisco. Oh, yes, new bedroom furniture for DH and me. The nursery was formerly our "clothes room" with all our folded clothes stored in tall utility racks with wire baskets (as well as aforementioned miscellaneous piles o' crap in every corner). So I learned all about case goods (and dove-tail joints and drawer glides and veneers...) and how everybody from low to mid-range manufacturers all the way up to Drexel Heritage and Ethan Allen now makes their wood furniture in Asia. I told DH that we'd be shopping for a bedroom set that we're going to have for the rest of our lives, so I wanted it to be quality, and I wanted it to be beautiful to the both of us. We browsed online and drove to nearly every furniture store from San Jose to San Francisco looking at *everything* before settling on a gorgeous set by FFDM. It should arrive by the end of June.

    A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It freaked me out quite a bit, of course, until I learned more about it and discovered thru blood testing that my diet and activity level doesn't yet really require me to make many significant changes. I carried on with the planning and running around, and of course the yard work. Tis the season, you know, when everything bursts out of the soil and things need weeding and fertilizing, and I bought my usual assortment of coleus annuals and repaired drip lines and decided to add some astilbe and bleeding hearts to the front lanai and other such things here and there.

    Did I mention I've been cleaning out the garage as well? Actually, I think I did in my last SotD post. So, guess who's just been also diagnosed with mild preeclampsia? I'm supposed to avoid stress AND stick to bed rest? Bed rest IS stressful!!! I have THINGS TO DO! I haven't taken the baby classes yet! Grr.

    Everyone tells me everything will be fine. I know they're probably right. My BP is fine as long as I don't run around all day. I actually did some mild pruning on the rose bushes (about 15 minutes) after breakfast this morning and my BP is normal. I will manage my activity level. I will lay down. A lot. I'll read books and lounge with the cats. Maybe I could even get used to this.

    My SotD is Badgley Mischka Fleurs de Nuit. Scored a full 3.4 oz tester bottle on ebay for $29.98 shipped. No box, but it has the cap. I love it!
    Hi Heartwood ! GREAT new name ! Look after yourself and as was mentioned some bed rest is fine ! Better rest before baby comes because it will be all go.
    When I was pregnant, I was about 7 months mid summer- I remember just being a 'huge beach ball on a bean bag' in front of the TV,with the fan on full blast !

    Evening scent- Tuberose Gardenia .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 1st June 2010 at 05:32 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Similar Threads

  1. SotD - Monday, 22 Dec 08
    By KiatBkk in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 23rd December 2008, 12:28 PM
  2. SotD - Monday 07 Jan 08
    By KiatBkk in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 9th January 2008, 11:50 AM
  3. SotD, Monday May 14
    By lagloriacubana in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 15th May 2007, 03:59 AM
  4. SOTD Monday 7 May
    By ajmc in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 9th May 2007, 03:58 AM
  5. SotD, Monday May 15
    By lagloriacubana in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 16th May 2006, 08:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •